Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: October 6th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Orlando Magic - Preseason

NAW is so legitimately an NBA player, he looks extremely good. So impressed by his growth in mindset over the last 12 to 18 months. The game has clearly slowed down for him drastically and it's great to see.
    Basketball.

NAW last game: 22/2/3/2/1 on 7/13 shooting, 2/6 from 3, 6/8 from FT in 21 minutes
    NAW so far this game: 19pts 3assists on 5/8 shooting, 5/6 from 3, 4/4 from FT in 14 minutes

NAW hitting 3s on the move opens up so much for him. Hope his shooting is for real.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    FINALLY found a...method to watch the game.

What happened to Bally sports network on youtube tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how to watch the game in N.O.?

I just use the Bally's Sports app. Then cast it to the tv.

Ridiculous man.

I hope this "off the bench" nonsense for NAW is permanently over henceforth. He's still got warts but it's starter warts.

How about those high level passes from Graham? Already 6 assists that could easily be 10 at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    NAW last game: 22/2/3/2/1 on 7/13 shooting, 2/6 from 3, 6/8 from FT in 21 minutes
    NAW so far this game: 19pts 3assists on 5/8 shooting, 5/6 from 3, 4/4 from FT in 14 minutes
    Agreed. In your opinion, if this NAW carries over to the regular season with Zion and BI and JV, what do you put our ceiling at?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Agreed. In your opinion, if this NAW carries over to the regular season with Zion and BI and JV, what do you put our ceiling at?
    Hard to say. Zion comes back: how good does he look immediately and if it takes him a minute to get into form, how long will that be? Does the bench pull together? Stuff like that really matters when projecting a team ceiling.

I do think Zion/Ingram/Jonas as a major trio is good enough to, if things go well and health holds up, be the core of a comfortably 5th or 6th seed. If NAW is suddenly a consistent and efficient 18ppg guy as well, and the defense can be even just mediocre, I don't see why we couldn't crack 4th seed.

Now of course that's assuming health is perfect all season long and Zion comes back game 1 in top form and the chemistry checks out, etc etc. None of that is guaranteed. So I don't want to make it look like I'm saying that will happen. But it wouldn't shock me, given those caveats.

Those 2 bulls players may not make it past the preseason.

It's been said before by me and others (luckyman has already alluded to it in this thread, for example) but I'm really fine with this team going forward despite lacking a singular true traditional on-ball point guard.

We know Ingram can playmake on ball. We know Zion can playmake on ball. We know Graham can make some excellent passes, and we know NAW can do some playmaking just fine too (lovely no-look from him a moment ago). JV can also pass out of the post pretty well, he's not some black hole. Naji can pass, hell, even Jax can pass pretty decently sometimes - hopefully that becomes more consistent this year.

We've got a team full of guys who can either run on-ball and playmake, or at least make the secondary passes, at a good-to-great level. No, we don't have a singular magical passer like a CP3 or a Lebron or a Jokic or a Doncic, but we've got the options and the tools such that a creative offense makes that deficiency irrelevant.

Devante struggling at everything but is having some incredible passes tonight lol

JV is good but he has to have a cooler head. I get why he's upset tho.

Wow Hernangomez is soft dude needs to man up.

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    Devante struggling at everything but is having some incredible passes tonight lol
    He's passing really well, for sure, he was last game as well. His defense has been largely fine as well. The shot just isn't falling - it happens.

I will say with Graham as well, look at how he's being defended by the Magic. His shot isn't falling but guys are still paying attention to him. What a change from Bledsoe last year who, even when he was shooting alright, just got totally abandoned by defenses on the perimeter.

In fairness, Zion isn't on the court right now and that's usually the guy that forces perimeter people to abandon their man, but still.

NAW, TM3, Zion, BI, Jonas is our core.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I will say with Graham as well, look at how he's being defended by the Magic. His shot isn't falling but guys are still paying attention to him. What a change from Bledsoe last year who, even when he was shooting alright, just got totally abandoned by defenses on the perimeter.

In fairness, Zion isn't on the court right now and that's usually the guy that forces perimeter people to abandon their man, but still.
    Not expecting Zion to be back until November

Kira kinda heats up late in games.

I really like Naji.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Not expecting Zion to be back until November
    Did they release an update on that? Cause on media day they said they think he may well be back by the first regular season game.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    NAW, TM3, Zion, BI, Jonas is our core.
    I wonder if that could be the starting five.

Kira: Still showing signs of being good, it's mostly the consistency. As mentioned earlier, tends to heat up late in games - defense has been good though.
    Graham: Shooting is a bit off right now but the defense is solid and the passing has been fantastic.
    NAW: Looking like a top 4 guy on the team. Should be a starter.
    Trey: Hitting shots again for the second game in a row after a great Summer League. Making it clear he should be in the rotation early.
    Herb: Making a real argument for those end-of-rotation wing minutes. Solid play but clearly not a huge impact player right now (not a starter, not a top 8 guy on the team)
    Sato: He's being fine, as he has been for years.
    Hart: Continues being uninspiring but hey he gets rebounds.
    Naji: Rocks
    JV: Great until he got kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    I wonder if that could be the starting five.
    I'd support it.

Thread Information