Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: October 4th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Minnesota Timberwolves - Pre Season Debut

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It’s all experimental, new coach and people are missing so if anything we learn what we can improve on before the season starts. We did start off shooting horribly and Minnesota cheesed us as a result, so that can explain the whooping. Hopefully not indicative of our shooting in the regular season- or lord help us. But it will almost certainly be better.
    I would expect a really slow start to the seasn. Hopefully, not Gentry Pre-season bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I would expect a really slow start to the seasn. Hopefully, not Gentry Pre-season bad.
    We’ll see. We have to be better defensively and we have to count on more people to make shots. Just a moderate improvement and we will be significantly better. I’d expect us to shoot much better than we did tonight. Chris Finch always plays us really tough

We can still win the championship tonight!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

I will say Minnesota have been way too dirty for a preseason game.Come on man

Well Trey is still okay

TM3 and NAW gotta be starters by years end.

Trey should start graham big Val come off the bench because if not the bench will be trash

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    TM3 and NAW gotta be starters by years end.
    Before the season starts at this rate

NAW is 100% starting

You alright Trey?

If anything, tonight is a good sign because Trey and NAW look every part of the hype.

Nm Trey is human

Wenyen bye selfish move

Interesting game... Trey is such a pleasant surprise.

Do you foul?

Have you seen our 3pt shooting?!

Good effort at the end, but yeah. That has to come much earlier. 21 turnovers first half is turrible. We have to come out with more intensity (at least during the regular season). I couldn’t care less about preseason

We need a legitimate point guard. I wonder what it would take to pry Goran Dragic out of Toronto or Ricky Rubio out of Cleveland. Kira and a # 2?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Good effort at the end, but yeah. That has to come much earlier. 21 turnovers first half is turrible. We have to come out with more intensity (at least during the regular season). I couldn’t care less about preseason
    Agree with all of this basically. Turned it up towards the end but it was just a bit late. We won the second half by 17 points but you lose the 2nd quarter by 23 and this is what happens. Oh well, pre-season rolls on.

Also just checked the box score and I must have missed a vital two or three minutes of the game: Trey went 6/10 from 3?! Good stuff, you love to see it.
    Basketball.

As usual, you find the absolute stupidest comments is gameday threads on the internet. My god the overwhelming stupidity.

That said I hope this is the vet politics game for Willie Green out of the way.

There is no reason Garrett Temple should start over NAW. Not even in preseason. NAW is the better player.

I've said all along Billy is a good player with big limitations. He should not get the nod over Jaxson. Jax is the better player.

Tomas should not get minutes over Kira. Kira is the better player.

This team does NOT need to give up assets to go find a "true point guard." For a 1st game with a new team Graham looked very good to me. Exactly what I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Also just checked the box score and I must have missed a vital two or three minutes of the game: Trey went 6/10 from 3?! Good stuff, you love to see it.
    Otherwise, we were 6 of 27 from three.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Herb Jones looks like he could actually be a very good player. It?s only one game but I like his aggression on both ends.

NAW and Trey look amazing.

I would love to see

NAW, BI, TM3, Zion, Hayes as the starting lineup.

Second unit: Graham, Kira, Hart, Naji, Jonas V

I think Herb will get minutes. He just looks very capable and I hope he gets reps.

Overall I?m really excited about Murphy and NAW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, Jax should not start over Jonas. Jeesus Christ I mean why?

Starting line up better be Graham, NAW, BI, Zion, Jonas. Thats your best starting 5.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Also, Jax should not start over Jonas. Jeesus Christ I mean why?

Starting line up better be Graham, NAW, BI, Zion, Jonas. Thats your best starting 5.
    This is what it will be.

The line ups tonight were to test things out and to see players work w/ different players. I think WG continues to play w/ the line ups in preseason. Which is good b/c if a player is injured or out we know how things will flow and team chemistry is very important on the court and off.

Also, them coming back and almost tying this up, I love. Same type of thing happened in Summer League. Looks like we'll have a coach who can make good adjustments during half time and throughout the game.

Trey may go for ROY and NAW may go for MIP this year. Agree both looked good.

Will Guillory is reporting that X-rays came back negative on JAX and he suffered a "right leg contusion".

Thread Information