Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: October 4th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Minnesota Timberwolves - Pre Season Debut

Naji doesn’t need to start Trey is better and jax need to be over Willy

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I have high hopes for Hayes.....but none of those hopes involved him being able to take KAT this season. So this doesn't bother me, too much. JV and Zion would be stopping most of this foolishness.
    Zion?

Kira is a bust. Make peace with it.

Griffin about to get fired

We should trade for Kyrie Irving. We need a veteran point guard with skills to lead this team.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    We should trade for Kyrie Irving. We need a veteran point guard with skills to lead this team.
    We tried to bring in a vet PG

Neither Bledsoe, Adams, nor SVG were Griff's biggest mistake of 2020; Kira Lewis was.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Kira is a bust. Make peace with it.
    Can't hit on all of em. Hopefully they sit him and he gets an epiphany like Jax did.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Wow. Really? Kira is already decided? Is he even old enough to drink?

Traded a 1st for Graham. My God

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    This team is once again...an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Well... If the product is an indication... We won't.

We just look incredibly sluggish. It is a preseason game, but I was not expecting this little intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well... If the product is an indication... We won't.
    True

I was just getting ready to post that the happiest person in the league right now has got to be Mitch Kupchak.

hart is so bad at shooting

Lmao at the people in this thread doomposting over a pre-season game missing 2 of our 3 best players and doing clearly experimental lineups.

Am I the only one here that remembers Utah going 0-4 in the 2019-20 preseason (including losing one game by about 40) before going on to win 44 games and make the 6th seed?

That kind of thing is not unusual. Obviously things would be bad if we suck this year, I said as much in the OP, but I feel like game one of preseason is a little early to be drowning the sorrows.
    Basketball.

When everyone was like Graham is like Lonzo for $12 million.

I was like... How did that mental gymnastics work with Bledsoe?

That’s why I'm just gonna let it play out, first.

I’m not too concerned as these games mean nothing. But this is exactly what I don’t want to see in the regular season. Getting horribly out worked and lazy with the ball. And hopefully Jax is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Lmao at the people in this thread doomposting over a pre-season game missing 2 of our 3 best players and doing clearly experimental lineups.

Am I the only one here that remembers Utah going 0-4 in the 2019-20 preseason (including losing one game by about 40) before going on to win 44 games and make the 6th seed?

That kind of thing is not unusual. Obviously things would be bad if we suck this year, I said as much in the OP, but I feel like game one of preseason is a little early to be drowning the sorrows.
    Yeah. Every time we won out in preseason we flopped. It means absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’m not too concerned as these games mean nothing. But this is exactly what I don’t want to see in the regular season. Getting horribly out worked and lazy with the ball. And hopefully Jax is fine.
    Agreed with that.

Obviously the regular season needs to be better - and in some ways we have good reason to believe it will be (adding Zion back in for example) - but why the worrying and woe now? It's weird.

One thing I see is that we still don't know how to set or use a screen nor play D against it.
    Last edited by sterlr; 10-05-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Griffin extended Temple

2 more years at 5 mil per
    worst move of the offseason. Guy's been cooked on the side of burnt for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Agreed with that.

Obviously the regular season needs to be better - and in some ways we have good reason to believe it will be (adding Zion back in for example) - but why the worrying and woe now? It's weird.
    It’s all experimental, new coach and people are missing so if anything we learn what we can improve on before the season starts. We did start off shooting horribly and Minnesota cheesed us as a result, so that can explain the whooping. Hopefully not indicative of our shooting in the regular season- or lord help us. But it will almost certainly be better.

Oh no!!!

Aron Baynes? Green is familiar with him
    Demarcus Cousins? Probably most upside
    Ed Davis? Who cares?
    Luke Kornet? Who cares #2?

Thread Information