Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shamit calls out Griff!

Shamit calls out Griff!

Another article that seems to sound like nothing but sour grapes though. He pats Clark on the back for a questionable article and then continually quotes sources who are no longer with the team. Sounds like some of the reporters/bloggers are upset about some of their former sources being gone. Maybe those still with the team are tighter lipped than their former sources and they do not like it,

Pretty much.

For anyone not wanting to click on an ad infested site....the whole gist of the article is that it's a person who loved to claim he has inside info and now he is really miffed he got called out for not having inside info.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

So Shamit is a liar too?

I get why Shamit is trying so hard.....this whole thing shows all the people who claimed they had inside info don't....so it's huge egg on his face.....but why are you trying so hard?

Anyways, make a list of NBA teams that don't try to get around the CBA.

This board got quiet quick

Seems like people are running from Griff. Now

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Griffin is not to be trusted. That continues to be nigh factual.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm cool with not being privy to every injury to our players. Like the Clark piece, Shamit seems to be forcing some drama, and it's falling flat. I guess if I were a gambler, I'd have a different viewpoint.

haha local reporters can never win. they say everything is good and hunky dory and its going to be a real positive season, they face criticism for being boot lickers to the organisation to get to hang around. They criticise valid aspects of things that have happened, suddenly they are forcing drama. too many audiences to keep happy all the time, each one vocal at different times. the organisation lied and hid injuries with zion, i mean hell wasn't the bubble leaving rumour about a death in the family or something?

the back of my mind conspiracy thought though, is that this is really a play by all to force zion and his family to face some truths about their own actions. if the organisation is facing heat due to their behaviour and that drags zion and his family into it, it sure makes it easier to speak with Zion about whats the real cause and why they are all in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    haha local reporters can never win. they say everything is good and hunky dory and its going to be a real positive season, they face criticism for being boot lickers to the organisation to get to hang around. They criticise valid aspects of things that have happened, suddenly they are forcing drama. too many audiences to keep happy all the time, each one vocal at different times. the organisation lied and hid injuries with zion, i mean hell wasn't the bubble leaving rumour about a death in the family or something?

the back of my mind conspiracy thought though, is that this is really a play by all to force zion and his family to face some truths about their own actions. if the organisation is facing heat due to their behaviour and that drags zion and his family into it, it sure makes it easier to speak with Zion about whats the real cause and why they are all in the news.
    Yeah, this feels forced. I don't have a problem with either writer, but this story is falling flat with me and some others. Whoever wants to go down this rabbit hole, can have at it. Enjoy!

Well then if you want National Reporters(Start with ESPN) thoughts they want the team moved to Las Vegas or Seattle. So yeah it’s not a rosey picture for the organization right now.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 09-30-2021 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I'm a season ticket holder, and I'm cool with not being privy to every injury to our players. Like the Clark piece, Shamit seems to be forcing some drama, and it's falling flat. I guess if I were a gambler, I'd have a different viewpoint.
    Yeah, seems to be really trying to stretch to find someone that is not simply speculation or bad info from Clark's article. Seems like a fraternity of media/bloggers who got their feelings hurt when called on their bad info.

Win now not later Mic drop

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/10/01/...-will-be-sold/

Preech

You owe it to this market to put a winner on a court. We haven’t done that yet. Really this franchise has not done that. I mean, we’ve had some starts and stops over the entire course since the Hornets got here,” Lauscha said. “But we have not had a sustained winner like we’ve had with the New Orleans Saints.”

“I think before you can make any requests, you know, or make any long-term decisions about this franchise, you owe it to put a winning product on the court.”

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Yeah, this feels forced. I don't have a problem with either writer, but this story is falling flat with me and some others. Whoever wants to go down this rabbit hole, can have at it. Enjoy!
    Not every story needs to connect with everyone (and that is perfectly fine), that doesn't mean suddenly we should round on the writers and authors (not saying this is you specifically here, I'm just replying to your post, but there are a hell of a lot more around that are having a go at them). Shamit's main bone of contention is that the fans are the ones ultimately losing out in all of these scenarios, yet the narrative that gets painted is that its a player vs organisation battle and fans aren't even on the agenda. Star player injuries being hidden and lied about is not good for anyone. Fans attending games and buying tickets only to miss out on seeing their favourite players. Fans paying for league pass and getting fed rubbish that the player they want to watch has a family issue. These are valid points and he talks to them. The amazing thing is the stupid piano remark from Clarks story is the actual thing everyone has got all riled up about. I think there was a lot of information that came out, but people seem stuck on the least important part of it all regarding a piano. If I was Griff I would be super happy that that is what everyone is stuck on, instead of the lies around the injuries. This organisation has a horrible reputation for handling of injuries nationally, and this is exactly the type of stuff that gets used by them next time they need something to support their story "Pelicans handle things so bad, they have to lie and hide the truth". I've also not seen anything to actually say the info was bad either. Why would the guy everyone happily brands a snake oil salesman admit to something that paints him and his star player in a silly situation? Both he and Zion were on their scripted and practiced answers on media day. Yet there are a lot of people around calling out the writers and happily believing Griff.

At a minimum, the fact there are quite a few media members around all united in that there are issues, sets the radar off that there must be something going on behind the scenes. The idea they all jumped online together and thought to report on something false because their contacts got fired and are butthurt is far less believable than griff learning keyboard in the bubble and trying to talk to zion while he was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Not every story needs to connect with everyone (and that is perfectly fine), that doesn't mean suddenly we should round on the writers and authors (not saying this is you specifically here, I'm just replying to your post, but there are a hell of a lot more around that are having a go at them). Shamit's main bone of contention is that the fans are the ones ultimately losing out in all of these scenarios, yet the narrative that gets painted is that its a player vs organisation battle and fans aren't even on the agenda. Star player injuries being hidden and lied about is not good for anyone. Fans attending games and buying tickets only to miss out on seeing their favourite players. Fans paying for league pass and getting fed rubbish that the player they want to watch has a family issue. These are valid points and he talks to them. The amazing thing is the stupid piano remark from Clarks story is the actual thing everyone has got all riled up about. I think there was a lot of information that came out, but people seem stuck on the least important part of it all regarding a piano. If I was Griff I would be super happy that that is what everyone is stuck on, instead of the lies around the injuries. This organisation has a horrible reputation for handling of injuries nationally, and this is exactly the type of stuff that gets used by them next time they need something to support their story "Pelicans handle things so bad, they have to lie and hide the truth". I've also not seen anything to actually say the info was bad either. Why would the guy everyone happily brands a snake oil salesman admit to something that paints him and his star player in a silly situation? Both he and Zion were on their scripted and practiced answers on media day. Yet there are a lot of people around calling out the writers and happily believing Griff.

At a minimum, the fact there are quite a few media members around all united in that there are issues, sets the radar off that there must be something going on behind the scenes. The idea they all jumped online together and thought to report on something false because their contacts got fired and are butthurt is far less believable than griff learning keyboard in the bubble and trying to talk to zion while he was playing.
    Point taken, but it's an exercise in futility at this point for the writers

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Shamit gotta chill. This is snitching. Pulling up the rule book? C'mon bro he's better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Shamit gotta chill. This is snitching. Pulling up the rule book? C'mon bro he's better than that.
    Is he? He has shown to be very thin skinned. I think he got his feelings hurt with Griffin calling out the false info being put out there.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Is he? He has shown to be very thin skinned. I think he got his feelings hurt with Griffin calling out the false info being put out there.
    Agreed!! The more he digs in, the more credibility he loses.

This was calling out? I beg to differ. Not trusting Griffin was already known by everybody, so not disclosing injuries is the new big deal now? I'm going back to sleep lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    This was calling out? I beg to differ. Not trusting Griffin was already known by everybody, so not disclosing injuries is the new big deal now? I'm going back to sleep lol.
    Yeah, I get if people think it's a bit overzealous but it didn't seem like purely retaliatory reporting or anything to me. Yeah, it's kind of weird that we're only finding out now that Zion had foot surgery months ago. It's not the end of the world, and I get why they did it, but it is inarguably a case of them not being transparent.

You might argue that being transparent takes a back seat to serving the interests of their star player, and I'd agree, but that's an argument about importance not the literal facts.
    Basketball.

Thread Information