Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shamit calls out Griff!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, I get if people think it's a bit overzealous but it didn't seem like purely retaliatory reporting or anything to me. Yeah, it's kind of weird that we're only finding out now that Zion had foot surgery months ago. It's not the end of the world, and I get why they did it, but it is inarguably a case of them not being transparent.

You might argue that being transparent takes a back seat to serving the interests of their star player, and I'd agree, but that's an argument about importance not the literal facts.
    There are plenty of things that every team in every sport chose not to disclose (especially in the offseason). It is not just in New Orleans as some would want you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    There are plenty of things that every team in every sport chose not to disclose (especially in the offseason). It is not just in New Orleans as some would want you to believe.
    At no point did I say it was unique to the Pelicans.
    Basketball.

Shamit doesn't know what he's talking about. He tweeted:

"In season, teams have obligations to report specific injuries. The bubble was part of the season."

Yet in his previous post, he cited Article XXII; Section 4; Paragraph (d) of the CBA. It reads:

"d) Subject to Section 4(e) below, each Team may make public medical information relating to the players in its employ, provided that such information relates solely to the reasons why any such player has not been or is not rendering services as a player."

The CBA specifically uses the word may and not must to define a club's responsibility for reporting injuries. There is a chasm of difference between these two words; therefore whether to report or not report an injury is clearly the CHOICE of the ball club and not a mandate to the club. One would think a writer would know the difference.
    Last edited by As I See It; 10-02-2021 at 07:58 AM.

Isn't he just a blogger?

Quote Originally Posted by KPop1 View Post
    Isn't he just a blogger?
    don't forget the occasional podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by KPop1 View Post
    Isn't he just a blogger?
    You just described 95% of the sports media that follow the Pels.

Pelicans beat writers getting done to them what the did to the Pelicans all summer.

How poetic.

Thread Information