Pelicans Report

Thread: 2021 Training Camp News and Notes

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

2021 Training Camp News and Notes

I been wanted to see this sort of thread. But mmmk fine. I?ll do it myself.

Now that would be awesome beyond belief if he?s that good already and Summer League wasn?t just a mirage.

They'll play, maybe not start but they'll get mins and be mixed in alot esp Trey.
    I really like this team.

What's up with the question marks in place of apostrophes?

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    What's up with the question marks in place of apostrophes?
    We don?t question it. Just roll with it.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

The simple fact that Green is even talking about those two contributing is such a refreshing change from the typical burying of rookies on the bench by SVG and, to a lesser degree, Gentry.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It matters to the team when you know a player is good but old school mentalities won’t trust players to play and earn their spots due to seniority or whatever. If Trey is logging important minutes, then for certain it’ll be because he’s earned it.

I'd really like it if Herb Jones can legitimately contribute. I do have some scepticism, for obvious reasons (Second round pick, wasn't offensively very good in college and 1v1 defense is often hardest to transition in the NBA) but if he can be good enough on offense to be a rotation guy and provide good impactful defense sooner rather than later, that would be huge for our team-building going into the future. Having him here for a few years on the cheap and then bird rights at a time when (with Ingram and the upcoming Zion and Jax and NAW contracts looming) our money will probably be squeezed would be very helpful for bulking out the roster with wings and smaller bigs.
    Basketball.

We have a preseason game in three days.....

It’s just gossip reporting

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It’s just gossip reporting

It's preseason eve eve. For anyone that is bored.....check out these Bulls fan comments where they mostly say they wouldn't trade Lavine straight up for Zion.

https://youtu.be/Ooe2r4m1sqM

Don't know if anyone had seen these on Twitter but Antonio Daniels has been tweeting little gems out from practices this past week.

How many homerism points do we need to deduct from Daniels' Tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    How many homerism points do we need to deduct from Daniels' Tweets?
    I mean, I would argue the homerism comes here in what he isn't saying.

We know NAW has a versatile set of skills, we know Ingram is an all-star, we know Zion can look incredible. No need for homerism for that.

I'd imagine the homerism is coming when he doesn't report a player having a bad day, or looking out of shape, or whatever else.

Good points

Another small little nugget apparently "insiders" didnt know about. Jaxson practiced with the team in summer league.

Apparently Jax has been shooting well in all the summer workouts which is cool

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Another small little nugget apparently "insiders" didnt know about. Jaxson practiced with the team in summer league.
    I remember they interviewed Graham in Vegas during one of the summer league games after he was traded and he mentioned the team was getting together for a workout either later that day or the next. I?m assuming most of the players were there practicing and getting to learn D?Antonio?s system. Would be crazy if Jax has developed a consistent jumper that would open the floor even more.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I remember they interviewed Graham in Vegas during one of the summer league games after he was traded and he mentioned the team was getting together for a workout either later that day or the next. I?m assuming most of the players were there practicing and getting to learn D?Antonio?s system. Would be crazy if Jax has developed a consistent jumper that would open the floor even more.
    I remember he mentioned getting with BI, and ended up working out with NAW.

I thought the legal stuff had Jax handcuffed (pun?) in L.A., but apparently not.

Love the positivity of Daniels, but it is pretty easy for players to look great in a practice setting in a gym. I cannot wait to see them in a game setting to see how it translates.

Sh*t, I forgot D'antoni is involved with the team. Man, I hope that relationship bears fruit!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Love the positivity of Daniels, but it is pretty easy for players to look great in a practice setting in a gym. I cannot wait to see them in a game setting to see how it translates.
    Every player shoots 80% in the practice gym, and 95% unguarded. Ben Simmons can splash threes in an empty gym like he's prime Korver.

But imagine how bad things would be if we were getting bad news, or even just no news. Could mean anything. At least from this we know that guys are playing how you'd expectthem to play in practice and are producing at normal-to-good practice levels.

Different jumper than what we saw in Summer League. No longer has a hitch prior to release, from what I can tell. We'll see if he can be consistent with it when the games start. It took Lonzo a few years before he really mastered the new form.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

Different jumper than what we saw in Summer League. No longer has a hitch prior to release, from what I can tell. We'll see if he can be consistent with it when the games start. It took Lonzo a few years before he really mastered the new form.

SVG would have loved him

SVG loves being a pudgey midget on Twitter

Thread Information