Pelicans Report

Thread: The future of the Pelicans in Nola

The future of the Pelicans in Nola

Apparently she gave the details plans on what happens to Saints and Pelicans to that what y?all called gossip website.

https://www.nola.com/sports/jeff_dun...b85d1a789.html

This won't stop the bears from claiming the team is moving to Seattle.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Here is what you may need to keep them here long term

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...6cfeed0ac.html

https://www.fox8live.com/2021/10/01/...-will-be-sold/

We’ve done two or three different renovation, options and rent and run those scenarios [and it’s] still not out of the picture. The beauty of the Superdome is that you know we all you’ve heard this before is how much space you have under the roof and how much space you have to work with. Not so much with the arena, but doesn’t mean it’s impossible,” he said.
    The likeliest scenarios would be to do a significant renovation to the existing arena or build a new one near the riverfront on property currently owned by the New Orleans Convention Center.

“Let’s just say that there aren’t very many places in New Orleans that could accommodate an arena,” Doug Thronton, executive vice president of ASM Global, said. His company runs operations at both the Superdome and arena.

“[The location near the convention center] is one of the few places I think in the city in the core of the city that might be available,” he said. “It’s the site, no secret, that we looked at years ago for a new stadium. Back in 2004, we actually modeled that location and we had an outdoor stadium with no roof on that site. Now, there’s some challenges, but there’s also some advantages.”

Thornton said he is unaware of other spots that would be as good as the one near the Convention Center, but a solution for the Pelicans arena needs to be reached within the next five years.

Dennis also said they get a call at least once a month with someone wanting to buy team. So far they are not caving in.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Dennis also said they get a call at least once a month with someone wanting to buy team. So far they are not caving in.
    Caving in? They're not looking to sell right now. They are collecting the list of prospects for when Gayle passes and they go into the sell they lay out in the article. I'm not sure what part of "I will not be selling as long as I'm alive" that is so hard to understand

Thread Information