Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fired coaches, flawed rosters, frosty rapport with Zion

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    Not if they keep peddling in gossip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hate break the bad news but it’s not gossip . Start back in the summer. Even MM brought it up.

https://theathletic.com/2656520/2021...liamson-happy/

Im hopeful someone actually talks to Zion and he discredits it all. Would be nice to have a season that is just focused on winning.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Hate break the bad news but it?s not gossip . Start back in the summer. Even MM brought it up.

https://theathletic.com/2656520/2021...liamson-happy/
    This is exactly what gossip is. ?Heard from a ?credible? source that Zion don?t likes David.? Pels local media is like a bunch of little old ladies setting around gossiping about crap that really don?t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    This is exactly what gossip is. ?Heard from a ?credible? source that Zion don?t likes David.? Pels local media is like a bunch of little old ladies setting around gossiping about crap that really don?t matter.

Jrue Holiday, Anthony Davis,Chris Paul , JJ Reddick and on and on

Just gossip

What about them?

It IS gossip. Journalism died years ago. It's mostly all gossip from unnamed people who mostly aren't named because it would make the gossip not credible. It's no surprise the players hated SVG. We'll see what Green brings to the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't really think anyone is saying Griff is flawless. He is, if nothing else, a huge cornball and comes off as a bit of a used-car salesman.

But Redick getting annoyed at him for not trading him to a contender when his value was so low he was forced into retirement less than 12 months later isn't really Griff's fault. If Redick wants to be salty and vocal about it, nobody can stop him.
    I some how skipped this post until now. It's a great post. And it's so true. JJ was so ticked that he didn't get traded to a contender but his retirement shows that Griff could have really tried.....it just wasn't possible.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

What Redick was really cheesed about is that he wasn’t given an outright release when the Pels couldn’t trade him to team of his preference. I’m sure he envisioned a farewell title run with the Nets after being allowed to walk, only to wind up marooned on a middling Mavs team. Considering what his last deal paid him, he might have considered keeping his mouth shut, but then again he has a social media empire to build. But I have no trouble believing David “Family Man” Griffin gave JJ the impression at some point that he would take care of him while never really promising anything too specific…

That is true. There IS an inherent problem with running a business where you're calling the people you have to break the hearts if and treat as assets 'family'. We constantly hear players talk about bad endings but reconcile it with the phrase "business is business". When you try to create a family environment.....can't do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Also, Zach Lowe had Andrew Lopez on his podcast today and said at some point that he believed at least some of the reporting in the story was from people who had since left the organization and were bitter about it. So while I don't doubt Clark's reporting, I think there are multiple indications that his sources were biased toward a negative narrative
    This is how it often goes. The truth tends to sit somewhere in the middle and bitter ex coaches, players, etc. embellish details to make it seem as dire as possible. As someone said later in this thread, that is why most of these sources aren?t named. They don?t tend to be very credible and/or have an agenda. Not necessarily truthless, but embellished

Yes . I blame the internet and 5G

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    That is true. There IS an inherent problem with running a business where you're calling the people you have to break the hearts if and treat as assets 'family'. We constantly hear players talk about bad endings but reconcile it with the phrase "business is business". When you try to create a family environment.....can't do that anymore.
    Yeah. I still cringe at the Jahlil “welcome to the family” bit. I like the sentiment, but professional sports are a cutthroat business. If you aren’t the franchise piece, you are expendable. Despite our intentions, we need to avoid making promises and things of that nature. Things change. You don’t want to give people the wrong impression

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yes . I blame the internet and 5G
    Now that is where rumors come out of thin air!

The local media and bloggers look pretty stupid right now.

Ha.

In case anyone missed what Snarly is referring to....
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ady-for-season

All of them? Nah. Just the same few.

Look it’s SVG

I don't really think anyone is saying Griff is flawless. He is, if nothing else, a huge cornball and comes off as a bit of a used-car salesman.

But Redick getting annoyed at him for not trading him to a contender when his value was so low he was forced into retirement less than 12 months later isn't really Griff's fault. If Redick wants to be salty and vocal about it, nobody can stop him.
    You are misrepresenting Redick's complaint in order to dismiss it. He says that was told he'd either be traded to an East coast contender or bought out. If Griff said "hey, we're going to do whatever is best for the team" and wound up trading him somewhere he didn't like then I would 100% agree with you...that's not at all what he's saying though. Obviously none of us know what the conversation was between the two of them and we may never hear Griff's side of the story but the buck has to stop with him. Again, if you're going to bring someone in to be an influence on your young stars, it's an incredible backfire for that person to be blasting you on the way out.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    And, I would be willing to wager that more players than not, laughed at Redick's gripe.
    Oh, really? I would wager, very heavily, that players overwhelmingly would take Redick's side over Griff.

Basketball.

Wait, isn't everything the media reports factual?

As per the usual for these rumor spreaders, there will be no penalty for Christian Clark writing that trash. He's got the clicks for nola.com. They already won.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who is lying? Besides David Griffin, I mean.

Was he making fun of Fletch too?

Yeah, this media day shows how stupid the local media is. Everything Clark pretty much wrote that wasn?t already known has been debunked by actual sources.

And all of the media guys who spent Thursday and Friday, taking everything in this article as fact, on their podcasts, look stupid too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, whether he meant it or not, I am ecstatic that he denied the rumors so emphatically. It was a mature response and gives me hope for his future as a leader. Very proud of him

Thread Information