Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Graham highlight thread.

Obligatory Graham highlight thread.

Look at the shots he makes compared to Lonzo only being able to hit spot up shots. Also a nice runner and off the bounce shooting is light years ahead of Ball. And only half the price.

And a 40 point game from last season

I actually like this move a lot. I was still a fan of keeping Lonzo but he just proved himself out. I think Graham at around $11 million a year in the prime of his career is a damn good move. His game should benefit big time having guys like Ingram and Zion around him. Charlotte has had absolutely nothing since he has been there outside or Heyward and someone like Melo taking away from him but not helping as much as our 2 stars will.

If guys like Kira, Murphy, and Hayes can be key role players and not busts then I believe we have a team that can win it all. We will need some slight improvements from Ingram and Zion but we are not far from having a legit contender. Half our team is just legally able to drink or yet to so we have some serious upside while a lot of the best teams are getting old..

His floor as a scorer looks like it’ll be as good as D’Angelo Russell and Kemba Walker at the least. I think we potentially have our Big 3 with Zion, Ingram, and Graham

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    His floor as a scorer looks like it’ll be as good as D’Angelo Russell and Kemba Walker at the least. I think we potentially have our Big 3 with Zion, Ingram, and Graham
    In today’s NBA having a big 2 and putting the right pieces around them is all you need. The only team with 3 real stars right now is the Lakers and Nets but those teams lack the quality around those 3 that we can add. I see what you meant though and agree as I think Graham as our 3a/3b is legit. Adding another $10-$15 million player like Brogdon to our back court would be huge. I think we are just 1 key player away from being legit and serious contenders in the next couple years.

Having a couple of our young backcourt guys like Murphy and Kira stepping up the be legit NBA players would be huge. Kira running our bench and Murphy plugging into the 2 spot would be exactly what this team needs. If those 2 guys can step up with what we have then I believe we have everything it takes..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-03-2021 at 12:40 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    As a fan, selling myself on the acquisition was always inevitable. However, I haven't yet come to terms that with Graham on board, we now have a big 3!

But sure, why not?! I love it!!!

Lol it's not a big 3

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    As a fan, selling myself on the acquisition was always inevitable. However, I haven't yet come to terms that with Graham on board, we now have a big 3!

But sure, why not?! I love it!!!
    I don’t think we have a big 3 nor do I think we need it. Yes adding someone like Beal would be absolutely huge but adding the right fits with multiple guys like Graham can be just as valuable. We have the 2 stars that we need and again they are just 21 and 23 years old. Just having them slightly improve and continue to get better playing with each other alone takes us to another level.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I agree. Just having fun.

We have a big 2.25

I guess the difference is Devonte has the 'balls' to just pick up his dribble and shoot a bomb in your face. Lonzo would usually defer in that situation.

Will be interesting to see who gets the rock down the stretch, I get a feeling Ingram will still be the primary ball handler in crunch time, and I'm hopeful he keeps developing and getting better

I really like Devonte game. He will be good for us. Nice pick up!

Looking at these contracts being signed and the age of these players we really got Graham for a steal. He still has upside and you have guys that are no better then him with no upside signing for $18+ million. He’s in his prime years in the last year of his deal while some of these signings no way in their 4th year are worth the $ being signed for.

Graham is a legit threat to score off PnR with his floater or his pull-up. Lonzo was a horrible PnR shooter. IDK what the adv stats say but my eyes said Zo was a liability as a scorer in PnR.

Graham is a 6th man, he isnt a starter. That is the key to this acquisition and its subsequent grade. If the Pels got him to be a starter, its a bad move. If he is a 6th man, similar to a younger Lou Williams, he will provide massive value over the next 4 years. His numbers were unquestionably better when he was a reserve and his best lineups were staggered backup lineups with no center against reserve lineups.

He and Kira could be an awesome change of pace backup guard duo with guys like Murphy surrounding them and defending the best perimeter player on the backup units. He will also get Hayes great looks on the pick and roll.

I will happily give up 12 mil per year and a pick in the late teens/early 20s for a top tier 6th man. For a bad starter? No, thank you
    @mcnamara247

Getting Instant Gritz flashbacks here lol. I like it!

Interesting stat for Graham, he shot 46% from the corner last year compared to 37% above the break, but he only took 52 total corner 3's while shooting 424 3's above the break. I'd expect his number of corner 3s to rise dramatically next to Zion and BI. Should see a career year in 3p% for Graham if that's the case.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Graham is a 6th man, he isnt a starter. That is the key to this acquisition and its subsequent grade. If the Pels got him to be a starter, its a bad move. If he is a 6th man, similar to a younger Lou Williams, he will provide massive value over the next 4 years. His numbers were unquestionably better when he was a reserve and his best lineups were staggered backup lineups with no center against reserve lineups.

He and Kira could be an awesome change of pace backup guard duo with guys like Murphy surrounding them and defending the best perimeter player on the backup units. He will also get Hayes great looks on the pick and roll.

I will happily give up 12 mil per year and a pick in the late teens/early 20s for a top tier 6th man. For a bad starter? No, thank you
    You are extremely optimistic, and that’s not like you. What the hell is going on, I need to know lol.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    You are extremely optimistic, and that’s not like you. What the hell is going on, I need to know lol.
    He knows that other things are in the works....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    He knows that other things are in the works....
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Lol it's not a big 3
    Yeah if the Pelicans have a big 3, it's Zion, Ingram, and JV... not Graham.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

This is what I am seeing as well, which makes me feel good about things so far. And, I know more moves are in the works now and in the next year, that will compliment what we have already done

Excited to see how he fits in, the guy has a great energy to his game.

No matter 6th man or starter, we have a big 3 in terms of Graham’s prolific scoring, which will be near the production of Zion and Ingram

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfNOLA View Post
    No matter 6th man or starter, we have a big 3 in terms of Graham’s prolific scoring, which will be near the production of Zion and Ingram
    I mean, I doubt that, given that BI and Zion aren't even in the same realms of production as scorers.
    Basketball.

Thread Information