Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lowry OUT

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    You are consistent in making incoherent arguments, but this one may take the cake
    YEP!!! SMH!!!

You are consistent in making incoherent arguments, but this one may take the cake
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lqdErI9uss

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    YEP!!! SMH!!!
    He got microchipped

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    So much this. Maybe its because I've always lived in NOLA, but when I follow a team, I support them BECAUSE they represent NOLA. I want to see the teams be competitive, and have players that I like, and a title would just be a bonus. Its what I really hate about todays age of free agency and superteams. When I was young (60's,70s,80s), players had loyalty to teams and to the fans. Now, everything is about the almighty dollar. That's what has now ruined college football as well, the almighty dollar.
    This is spot on where I am. If the team wasn?t in New Orleans the NBA to sell it for parts and I wouldn?t care, but because they represent my city, I hate that they are in a continual state of sucking.

I am glad we didn?t sign Lowry (has nothing to do with missing out, everything to do with the year 1986). Because I don?t want him however doesn?t mean I want to pay Lonzo a cent over $17M. Just because we have cap space doesn?t mean we have to spend it like it?s burning a hole in our pocket. Hold on to that cash until you find a player via sign or trade, rather than just going after what?s on the market right now. There is nothing worse than being in perpetual suck because we had to spend the money the moment the market opened.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    A team's fans, by definition, lack objectivity.

Across the street on Airline Drive there was a guy who played five years longer than he should have, but don't tell a Saints fan that. While the team was chasing championships, he was chasing Hall of Fame records and collecting inflated paychecks along the way.

Are you talking about Brees? He was an MVP contender as recently as 2018. I’ll give you he wasn’t great last year, but even in 2020 he was performing at a Pro Bowl level.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 08-02-2021 at 11:50 AM.

He got microchipped
    Charlotte Hornets like your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Are you talking about Brees? He was an MVP contender as recently as 2018. I’ll give you he wasn’t great last year, but even in 2020 he was performing at a Pro Bowl level.
    Makes you wonder when they will want to kick Zion to curb?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Makes you wonder when they will want to kick Zion to curb?
    Well, if they think Brees’ last good year was 5 years ago they were probably done with Zion after his 5th game at Duke.

Well, if they think Brees’ last good year was 5 years ago they were probably done with Zion after his 5th game at Duke.
    True. They say he plays no defense.

Never forget also some posters gave our draft picks a “D”.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    True. They say he plays no defense.
    To be fair, Brees didn’t play defense either.

To be fair, Brees didn’t play defense either.
    He has impressive shot though, JJ never had that

https://www.facebook.com/neworleanss...1985375742334/

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Pull a Celtics and let them walk for nothing because you want a ransom.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I disagree, and this is where I think there are two different kinds of objectives.

Some people want to do everything to maximize the chance to win a title. Some want to have a team with players they want to root for. Obviously both types want both things, but when it comes to a decision where you have to prioritize one or the other, some prioritize A and others B.

If I were a Saints fan, I'd rather welcome Brees back and have him finish his career here and probably have no real chance at a title last year than have acquired, say, Ryan Tannehill and have a 5-10% chance at a title and kick Brees out the door or have him play for another team.

I believe the point of sports is entertainment and titles are nice, but you get more overall entertainment and joy from watching guys you like and who grow with the team have success than you do have a bunch of mercenaries win your team a title. I definitely did not think that when I was younger, but as I got older, I want that more than a better chances at titles with mercenaries
    In my head force out means the new guy has considerable upside. Like the alternate universe where we drafted Patrick Mahomes. Or Lamar Jackson is instead perfectly okay with being behind Brees for a year or two until his talent is too obvious to ignore and Brees is looking much older by comparison.

Any average replacement wouldn?t do.

Yeah, that 2017 draft really screwed the Saints, or more the Chiefs actions in the 2017 draft really screwed the Saints. That really would have changed Brees’ timeline, as well as given the Saints a better option than what they have had at qb for the last season and a half. To think Brady would have come here only makes things sadder.

Thread Information