Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer League 2021

good things happen with Herb on the floor

Trey coming for that ROY

Naji, Trey, Herb, and Kira have all showed really good stuff. Everyone else, fairly predictably, has looked extremely Summer League.
    Basketball.

Murphy showing a bit of everything to be honest. The feint and pass inside and then finished the alley oop in transition. Lovely

I could see Trey playing the 2

Who would of thought a 50/40/90 guy would be a 50/40/90 guy..

Good stuff.

Didi's best play thus far. Push the ball then then alley oop to Murphy

It would not be surprising for a guy with Murphy's combination of both top tier athleticism and elite hand eye coordination to develop a deeper offensive repertoire. Like I said earlier, he spent two years at Rice, so we shouldn't look at him as a traditional 3 year college guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    I could see Trey playing the 2
    He will. And the 3. And in a year or two once he's put on another 10lbs, occasional ''smallball'' minutes at the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanProf View Post
    Didi's best play thus far. Push the ball then then alley oop to Murphy
    Didi has expanded his dribble game. I'll hold off judgement on his shot until the end of summer league. It's a different shot though. Way more arc, but the arc was inconsistent. Was different on all 3 attempts.

For rookie SL debuts, I'll have to put Trey's 2nd only to Jalen Green. And Trey doesn't have that Ignite advantage.

Impressive for the young man.

I can't remember the last time i saw a Pelicans team play this kind of defense.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    It would not be surprising for a guy with Murphy's combination of both top tier athleticism and elite hand eye coordination to develop a deeper offensive repertoire. Like I said earlier, he spent two years at Rice, so we shouldn't look at him as a traditional 3 year college guy.
    Obviously we'd all love for him to develop into a superstar but for me the one thing I want to see him add to his game immediately is movement shooting. He's got a good, quick shooting form and solid touch - if he can maintain accuracy while coming off screens or dragging people around off-ball Duncan Robinson style, that turns him from 3&D into something a little more and greatly increases his value.

26 points 9 boards 2 assists on 9/15 from the field. No turnovers. No fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I can't remember the last time i saw a Pelicans team play this kind of defense.
    Word. The D was amazing

Very impressive finish to the game. Absolutely locked down defensively when we needed to and Pelicaned the Bulls. Tired of being on the receiving end of that.

I was actually more impressed by his defensive motor and rebound than shooting. Excellent 1st showing.

Damn Trey is so well spoken too

If Lewis can be more efficient and he improves his shoot. The sky is the ceiling. Fantastic good day. It's refreshing to see him get deep minutes.

Kira with 7 assists and 0 turnovers. That's beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Thought that too. Seems a smarty pants

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Well, he did go to Rice and Virginia. Its not like he went to LSU.

I?m really impressed with Trey and Herb. Herb needs to finish better at the rim but defensively he certainly did well. Trey will get a lot of minutes this year, if his role is to cut to the basket and shoot corner threes, he?ll kill it.

Im not really worried about Kira, I think he was trying to create a lot and read the floor more than anything. Tends to play up to the competition and talent on the floor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    For rookie SL debuts, I'll have to put Trey's 2nd only to Jalen Green. And Trey doesn't have that Ignite advantage.

Impressive for the young man.

Jalen Johnson did his thing as well, Trey and Jalen shocked a lot of people thus far.

Thread Information