Pelicans Report

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Summer League 2021

Can we just take a second to appreciate that a 50/40/90 guy who is also an elite defender fell into our laps at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Can we just take a second to appreciate that a 50/40/90 guy who is also an elite defender fell into our laps at 17.
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I love what I'm seeing from 3M3 but NAW broke me a bit with how great he looked his first summer league only to cool off since. I still like NAW, but the way he was playing that SL 2019 had us thinking he would be solidly contributing by Christmas.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/su...ns-Pelicans/19

3M3 is a totally different player. But I must protect my heart!
    I feel ya but they gave NAW too much too quickly and it showed. Don't know if he'll be a superstar (would love that) but NAW will be a very fine basketball player who plays hard and contributes.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Didi looks like he does not belong on an NBA roster.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    There's no "backup point guard". If Sato is on the team, he and Kira will both be in the rotation and play backup guard minutes. Your 4 man guard rotation would be NAW, Graham, Sato, and Kira with Murphy playing some 2.
    Aren't we still trying yo move Hart for Buddy?

This starting five has me salivating to watch our offense:
    Jonas
    Zion
    BI
    Buddy/Trey
    Graham

Very interesting the parallels to how Milwaukee built its team. Coaching staff needs to be watching a lot of film on how they defend.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Aren't we still trying yo move Hart for Buddy?

This starting five has me salivating to watch our offense:
    Jonas
    Zion
    BI
    Buddy/Trey
    Graham

Very interesting the parallels to how Milwaukee built its team. Coaching staff needs to be watching a lot of film on how they defend.
    It's wishful thinking with the weirdness with Hart, and I think we need one more shooter.

But needing more shooter seems me being greedy than a real need

After seeing Kira in extended playing time in the Summer League, I understand why SVG was reluctant to sit Bledsoe. I just can't imagine what Paul, Curry, Steph, DeAaron, Trae, Mike, Colin, Reggie, Dame, and Ja would have done against # 13. (and that's before I start listing players over 6'3" that he would have had to face. Think about it...Kira vs. Jrue?

Apologies Sir.
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-16-2021 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's wishful thinking with the weirdness with Hart, and I think we need one more shooter.

But needing more shooter seems me being greedy than a real need
    I don?t know man. Griffin specifically said they will be going after shooters. Don?t think we have really fully addressed that need yet. Do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I don?t know man. Griffin specifically said they will be going after shooters. Don?t think we have really fully addressed that need yet. Do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel We got enough to be successful. We get Buddy. I feel it puts us over the top and really push us to building something interesting.

I still want to do it.

I tend to side with the assistant coach for Golden State that was being interviewed during the course of the game yesterday: "Even for us, we believe you can NEVER have enough shooting."

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    I tend to side with the assistant coach for Golden State that was being interviewed during the course of the game yesterday: "Even for us, we believe you can NEVER have enough shooting."
    It's just there is a lot of things out of our control to make this trade happen. So, I want to have temper expectations.

Ready for last Summer game. I hope Kira can put up atleast one complete game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hm? Where is Murphy?

Sitting Murphy out today? Other teams sat their 1st rounders as well today, including Scottie Barnes and Sengun.

Wonder if it's to see more of the borderline roster players. Kira is still playing but it might be more due to his inconsistencies.

I guess they’ve seen enough of Murphy too.

Definitely not dressed… Team looks different without the guy already lol

Didi is just seems so far away offensively sometimes
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Really nice offensive spurt / passing.

DiDi makes Josh Hart look like Steph or Dame.

Didi coming into tonight shooting 31/20/50 splits and immediately goes 1/5 and 0/3 to start the game is not encouraging.

Minnesota shooting 20% right now.

If Didi becomes middling at anything offense related, it’ll be a miracle.

Didi already showed offensive ability both in his 1st SL and in the NBL. Just seems to be lacking confidence on that end this time around. Still very solid on defense. Wont play the rest of this game due to a back injury.

Herb looking good and active again.

Naji showing how to impact a game when your shot isn't falling.

1/5 from the floor tonight (worst shooting night of SL for him) but 10 rebounds, 10 assists (and some of those passes have been pretty high level passes) with only 1 turnover, 2 steals.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Shout out to the announcers. SO MUCH BETTER than the previous 2 games, my god. Huge difference.

Thread Information