Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer League 2021

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    How much is running PG on a summer league team comparable to running 2nd or 3rd string QB in the preseason? I always feel like those guys get a raw deal because they are usually running for their lives and can't really show what they have.

I don't want to be too harsh on Kira with his position relying so much on the talent around him, but if it really isn't that big of a deal then that's another story.
    Running point in SL is is pretty impossible task considering he's had maybe 4-5 practices with the guys. The position itself is so reliant on chemistry and anticipation. He also isn't a point guard in the traditional sense in that his game is more tailored to play around a guy like Zion who will handle a majority of the half court initiation. That being said, I think Kira has been impressive in his run so far in the SL. He's already great at probing, and that skill will enhance itself when he can anticipate cutters. He's near elite in the open court

Didi and AP doing wayyy too much.

AP is probably one of the most frustrating players I ever watched.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Maybe the worst airball I've ever seen.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Why did we waste our other two way on Hommes? I like this guy Moses Wright instead.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    DiDi with a nice steal.

Naji is flat out refusing to pas the ball to Trey…

Naji has no interest in passing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Feels like he knows who he’s competing with for minutes. Looks really bad today

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    It's pretty obvious man. People not passing to him like they don't like him or something

Naji been kind of taking too many shots the last two games.

Trey is a ghost when he's working the corner three. He is at his least utilized when his feet on not moving waiting for a shot.

I'd just move TM3 to SG and cut the middle man problem out.

Worst half of SL. Way too much much hero ball. Shots not falling. Not finishing at the rim. Not cutting and sharing. Defensive effort still good. Interested to see if Willy straightens them out at half. Been better in 2nd half first two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Naji been kind of taking too many shots the last two games.

Trey is a ghost when he's working the corner three. He is at his least utilized when his feet on not moving waiting for a shot.
    This is why he’ll get a lot of great production on our real roster. These guys are kinda playing with the mentality of not truly involving any kick-outs and it’s hurting Trey. I saw 3 occasions with TM3 wide open and Naji literally looked his way and either key the ball or passed to somebody else. That’s ridiculous. Hopefully things change in the 2nd half.

That rim blocking a lot of shots tonight.

Love that Murphy is guarding Mobley a lot.

Man. I hate to be naive in expectations over a mid 1st round pick, though I'm still not completely sold on Kira or NAW being more than just role players... but Murphy's really got me sold on his all around game. He looks like one of those players that just covers up a lot of holes/weaknesses in your team, ala someone like Iguodala.

He did admit himself he didn't even try playing defense until going to Virginia, but his perimeter defense in Summer League IMO has looked pretty good. Now he's guarding Mobley a lot tonight and giving Mobley a lot of trouble.

I'll also point it out again... through 11 quarters of play, Murphy only has 2 total turnovers and 2 total fouls.

Not sure I understand Mac’s disdain for Vinson. Its very strange

Alvarado will likely never play a meaningful minute for the Pels, but his ceiling may be Pat Bev. He could be that good defensively because of his effort, quickness, and anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Not sure I understand Mac’s disdain for Vinson. Its very strange
    Disdain?

Always ask another person to clarify their position if you dont understand it. Dont put words in their mouth or make an argument for them. That is called a strawman
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Disdain?

Always ask another person to clarify their position if you dont understand it. Dont put words in their mouth or make an argument for them. That is called a strawman
    Lol

I can see why they like Hommes, 6'8" reasonably athletic competes defensively. Issue is his shooting is entirely theoretical right now

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Man. I hate to be naive in expectations over a mid 1st round pick, though I'm still not completely sold on Kira or NAW being more than just role players... but Murphy's really got me sold on his all around game. He looks like one of those players that just covers up a lot of holes/weaknesses in your team, ala someone like Iguodala.

He did admit himself he didn't even try playing defense until going to Virginia, but his perimeter defense in Summer League IMO has looked pretty good. Now he's guarding Mobley a lot tonight and giving Mobley a lot of trouble.

I'll also point it out again... through 11 quarters of play, Murphy only has 2 total turnovers and 2 total fouls.
    It kind of grinds my gears how we didn't value the draft as much as I like and our best draft slot was 8th on a project big. All in all, I think it worked out.

When TM3 shot ain't falling... He can pass, rebound, and defend.

TM3 is wild.

Thread Information