Kira
    Didi
    Naji
    Trey
    Herb
    $2M
    Other Cash

Jose Alvarado PG Georgia Tech, 15/3/4, 2.85 stls. Pels 2 way

David DiLeo F Central Michigan, 14 & 5, 40% from 3 in 19/20. Last season in Spain, 8 & 1, 37% from 3.

Malcolm Hill G Illinois, 4 seasons in Europe, last season in Israel, 9/4/1

Anzejs Pasecniks C Latvia, Hasn't played much the past couple of years

Jaxson was supposed to play but not looking like he will now.

Willie Green stated he'll coach some of the games as well

Schedule:
    8/9 vs. Chicago
    8/11 vs. OKC
    8/13 vs. Cleveland
    8/15 vs. Golden State
    Last edited by bustah; 08-05-2021 at 04:38 PM.

7'2 Latvian, been with Washington past 2 seasons

Excited to watch Alvarado and rooting for him.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

No. Player Pos. Ht. Wt. Born College/Country Last Team Played For
    15 Jose Alvarado G 6-0 179 04/12/1998 Georgia Tech/USA Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (NCAA)
    41 David DiLeo F 6-8 224 02/28/1997 Central Michigan/USA UCAM Murcia (Spain)
    21 Malcolm Hill G 6-6 225 10/26/1995 Illinois/USA Hapoel Jerusalem (Israel)
    34 Daulton Hommes F 6-8 215 07/04/1996 Point Loma Nazarene/USA Vanoli Cremona (Italy)
    5 Herbert Jones F 6-8 206 10/06/1998 Alabama/USA Alabama Crimson Tide (NCAA)
    13 Kira Lewis Jr. G 6-1 170 04/06/2001 Alabama/USA New Orleans Pelicans (NBA)
    0 Didi Louzada G 6-5 210 07/02/1999 Sydney Kings (Australia)/Brazil New Orleans Pelicans (NBA)
    8 Naji Marshall F 6-7 220 01/24/1998 Xavier (OH)/USA New Orleans Pelicans (NBA)
    18 Anžejs Pasečņiks C 7-1 229 12/20/1995 Latvia Washington Wizards (NBA)
    40 Moses Wright C 6-9 233 12/23/1998 Georgia Tech/USA Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (NCAA)

I am interested in watching Alverado also, but his ex teammate, ACC player of the year, Moses Wright also intrigues me.
    Last edited by redrum; 08-06-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Some interviews from Summer League Practice:

Basketball.

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    Why no Trey Murphy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scedotal View Post
    Why no Trey Murphy?

Ok. I found the answer .

https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/st...965775360?s=21

Luka/Dame/Harden/Trae sobbing and crying

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I hope it’s more similar to the way the olympics call games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I hope it’s more similar to the way the olympics call games.
    Olympics use FIBA rules. One could only dream of the NBA adopting such practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Olympics use FIBA rules. One could only dream of the NBA adopting such practices.
    Reconsider. No goal tending on the rim will hurt you know who (genuflecting reverently).

Goaltending is the one rule that should remain to NBA standards.

Early Summer League verdicts (obviously SL is just SL)

- Cade is really good and it's hilarious how quickly he's gone from a non-shooter (HS) to being one of the best shooting prospects in his class
    - Jalen Green is really good and it's clear how much playing against G League competition instead of college guys has kickstarted his rookie process
    - Evan Mobley is hilariously good defensively but needs to hit the weight room, as everyone in the draft world expected
    - Giddey is huge, wouldn't be shocked at all if he was 6'10
    - Sharife rocks, gets to the paint at will, and is a passing genius

Hey, NAW...Go Ahead!! Tamper a little!! Everybody else does it; why not a cousin?

If I was Cade I'd stay away from the tv, internet, and social media tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If I was Cade I'd stay away from the tv, internet, and social media tomorrow.
    What happened? I forgot summer league games were on last night too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    What happened? I forgot summer league games were on last night too.
    He did that thing he did at Oklahoma for a little while at the start of the year where his shot selection was weird and as a result his FG% was poor. Everything else was really good, his defense was great, the passing was good, hit some pullup threes, etc. Just some weird shots that will make people overreact because it's Summer League and that's what we do.

Looking forward to watching our SL game today

Looking forward to watching our SL game today
    What'd you think of Sengun? I though he looked bad. If not for the free throw mongering, his stats would've looked equally as bad. Some knowledgeable people on twitter seemed to think he looked good however. Interested to hear your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    What'd you think of Sengun? I though he looked bad. If not for the free throw mongering, his stats would've looked equally as bad. Some knowledgeable people on twitter seemed to think he looked good however. Interested to hear your opinion
    I didn't watch that entire game start to finish, but I thought he looked pretty much as I expected. Really encouraging offensive signs with regards to things like footwork, but the defense is a huge red flag and Mobley looked much better. I don't really want to be too negative or make huge judgements cause it's SL, where set plays are at a minimum and defense gets played for about 10% of each game, it's more about evaluating feel and tools rather than actually inspecting statlines, but Sengun seemed fine to me.

Gone are the days of watching Russ Smith in Summer League and hoping for a second round savior in the AD era. I'm really looking forward to watching Kira work the pick and roll/pop offensively. We should have some decent spacing this year with Trey Murphy and Didi. I'm hoping Kira continues to fine tune his floater game

I didn't watch that entire game start to finish, but I thought he looked pretty much as I expected. Really encouraging offensive signs with regards to things like footwork, but the defense is a huge red flag and Mobley looked much better. I don't really want to be too negative or make huge judgements cause it's SL, where set plays are at a minimum and defense gets played for about 10% of each game, it's more about evaluating feel and tools rather than actually inspecting statlines, but Sengun seemed fine to me.
    He really looked so much smaller than I expected out there. Paired with well below average foot speed and athleticism, I'm not really sure how his game will translate. Feels like a skinnier Jared Sullinger.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He really looked so much smaller than I expected out there. Paired with well below average foot speed and athleticism, I'm not really sure how his game will translate. Feels like a skinnier Jared Sullinger.
    He's the next generation's Enes Kanter. Player comps are always bad, of course, and there are huge differences in their games, but neither of them can defend anyone and both of them made a killing off high usage but overall relatively inefficient (relative to the best guys in the league, I mean) offense.

Just like Kanter has made a career out of killing bench bigs on offense while being totally useless as a starter, Sengun will probably be very similar.

He's the next generation's Enes Kanter. Player comps are always bad, of course, and there are huge differences in their games, but neither of them can defend anyone and both of them made a killing off high usage but overall relatively inefficient (relative to the best guys in the league, I mean) offense.

Just like Kanter has made a career out of killing bench bigs on offense while being totally useless as a starter, Sengun will probably be very similar.
    Sengun had more defensive plays in game 1 than Kanter has had in his whole career.

I think you are way off with your assessment of how he defends, but we'll see

Thread Information