Pelicans Report

Thread: Herb Jones Scouting Report (Video)

Pelicans Herb Jones Scouting Report (Video)

SEC Defensive POY

great tape. He might be solid. Looks like a top notch defender.
    I'm a grinder

Excellent . Very exciting.

To me, he's a cross between two familiar players.

He reminds me of a smaller PJ Brown defensively with a 'good handle' or a mini-Zion Williamson (I know he's taller) with a more refined outside shot at this point (if only Lonzo could take it to the glass like this kid).

SVG would have loved him.
    Last edited by As I See It; 07-30-2021 at 02:17 PM.

His stroke from 3 really doesnt looks half bad. It's fluid, but slow. His feet are inconsistent, but I think there's potential there. If you watch Scottie Barnes shoot youre like what the hell is that; I don't feel that way with Herb.

I love that we concentrated on adding athletic 2 way versatile wings capable of playing multiple positions. I think this pick really has the potential to be a steal. Kid has an all around very good game being good at just about everything except his 3pt shot. I think Fred Vinson can really help this kid become a good NBA player.

If we can hit in both of these draft picks to become productive NBA players then I believe we are a PG away from being a championship team in the next few years. We have the 2 stars now we just need to build around them.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    His stroke from 3 really doesnt looks half bad. It's fluid, but slow. His feet are inconsistent, but I think there's potential there. If you watch Scottie Barnes shoot youre like what the hell is that; I don't feel that way with Herb.
    Not sure Vinson will be on the staff next year, but interesting to see the development of his shot (under Vinson, or someone else)

Thread Information