Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Trey Murphy III Scouting Report (Video)

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    When we go into 'Point Zion Mode', there are four more spectators in the arena.
    Sounds like 60% of playoff basketball.

Also sounds like when Ingram gets the ball.

But that will change as they mature. Again.....a 23 and a 21 year old.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

And when we put capable shooters around them.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I still believe Ingram should be our post target (along with JV). Ingram mastering a turn around J from the post is unguardable, and Ingram gets bumped off his drives too much, let Zion drive, Ingram maximises his length advantage

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Another good one - just because I'm so happy for the kid

Heartwarming

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I always find it really weird when people talk about Zion on the ball as a gimmick or a joke, when running it gave us the leagues best offense (as in, we were literally the Number 1 offensive rating in the league for like 5 weeks there). We went 16-8 in the 24 games where Zion had at least 5 assists this year, and it wasn't just against scrub teams: we beat the Clippers twice, Bucks, Sixers, Suns, Mavs, Nets, Pacers, and Jazz in those games.

Not saying Zion needs to be on the ball 100% of the time (he absolutely does not) but I think people see it as a gimmick literally just because of the point Zion name. If nobody had ever said Point Zion, and instead we just talked about allowing our best player to play on-ball more, nobody would see it as controversial.
    Who said it is controversial for or a gimmick that Zion plays on the ball? I love Zion on the ball and wanna see more of it. Doesn?t make him a PG cause he c an get 5 assists.. Do we call Durant a PG? Lebron still spends majority of the time on the floor with an actual PG and they even traded for arguably the most ball dominant PGs in the NBA. I see exactly what HornetsGuru is saying and I agree with him mostly.. Would I like to use Zion as a point forward? Sure but we aren?t winning a championship with Zion as our ?PG? IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I cant believe people still talk about positions in 2021
    I agree with the NBA being somewhat position less but every team for the most part still operates on the position as an actual thing. Yes more big guys take the ball down the court then the NBA in the past. That doesn?t all the sudden make basketball position less because guys like Lebron can get you 10 assists. NBA rosters and actual game lineups still reflect the NBA has positions. The Rockets aren?t the rule they are simply 1 exception out of 30. With all the talent the Nets have and Durant being a 7? why bring in guys like Griffin/Jordan and not just plug him in at center majority of the time or ever outside of maybe a couple minutes here and there? Just put the best 5 guys on the court. When Zion can guard Lillard and vice versa I will say it?s positionless.

Thread Information