Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day - 29th July

Personally I think the Cavs should just take Mobley.

Mobley, Allen, Garland, there's good core elements there for their rebuild.
    Basketball.

Cade is unstoppably cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

?
    Perhaps Lonzo's price will not be inflated after all.

Cavs confirmed keeping the pick. Mobley to Cleveland

Westbrook to Lakers agreed, so they've worked the deal out it seems

Westbrook to Lakers agreed, so they've worked the deal out it seems
    I shall enjoy watching Ad and Lebron stand around while Russ pounds the rock and jacks up bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I shall enjoy watching Ad and Lebron stand around while Russ pounds the rock and jacks up bricks.
    The Lakers have never ever tried to pair an aging, historically post-season poor PG with an All Time Great in the twilight of their career and an injury prone, often unmotivated big man. They have never done this before and there is no historical precedent for what may happen when they do this.

"modern day Bill Russell" LMFAO

Lmao at the dude on show saying Jalen Green is guaranteed to lead the league in scoring within the next 5 years.

*Looks at Cade, Zion, Luka, Jokic, Embiid, Booker, Tatum, Lavine*

Potentially not.

The Lakers have never ever tried to pair an aging, historically post-season poor PG with an All Time Great in the twilight of their career and an injury prone, often unmotivated big man. They have never done this before and there is no historical precedent for what may happen when they do this.
    Schroder is a better fit for them at this point. He can at least hit the occasional 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    "modern day Bill Russell" LMFAO
    Ignore all player comps, they are all bad.

That's not the worst one, in fairness. At least Mobley is a very talented defensive big who can really pass. He doesn't play like Russell and he's far more offensively inclined, but still. Not the worst one.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Schroder is a better fit for them at this point. He can at least hit the occasional 3...
    Yeah the problem is that Schroeder apparently wants big big money and he is very much not worth it.

Westbrook is due $44MM this year and $47MM in 22/23. Couple the recent injury history of LA's new Elite Three with the obvious cap constraints and this team is certainly one major injury away from being a lottery team.

... In exchange for what, Woj?

Barnes drafted by Toronto

Raptors take Scottie Barnes

Wow.

Not a fan of that move for them whatsoever.

I like Barnes fine but that's an overdraft imo

In Toronto's defense, they do have one of the better developmental systems in the league. Vanvleet was undrafted, OG Anunoby and Pascal Siakam were both late picks, etc. If anyone can help Barnes improve his truly gross offensive prowess, it's probably Toronto.

Embedded for you

Suggs to Orlando

What Scottie Barnes over Jalen Suggs?!?! I thought Suggs was a perfect fit in Toronto too. They already have Siakam in the same kind of position as kind of a combo forward. Insane

Maybe they gonna try to resign Lowry

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    What Scottie Barnes over Jalen Suggs?!?! I thought Suggs was a perfect fit in Toronto too. They already have Siakam in the same kind of position as kind of a combo forward. Insane
    Right now, Scottie isn't really a ''combo forward'' at the NBA level. He's going to be best as a small ball 5 for while, imo. Extremely limited offensively. Can't create for himself at all, can't shoot, and can't really jump either.

If I was a Magic fan I would be ecstatic right now

For real. Suggs and Cole is going to be a legit guard tandem in the next few years.

Thread Information