Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Never stop The Onion

...well, Duh

Woj just confirming what we all knew about the top 3 early lmao

He's ready to wrap the draft up by two hours before it starts
    Basketball.

Taking Jalen Green over Evan Mobley is certainly a choice, also

I hope we use atleast two of our seconds on guys for the G-League team. I've done way too much research on the prospects for this draft, I'm gonna be bummed if we trade all these picks for future picks and cash considerations lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't think it's about exactly who is available at that point
    So what do you think it's about? They canvassed the entire 2nd round and our pick was the cheapest? Why do the trade this far ahead of time?

Am I the only one that wishes Woj and Shams would stop tweeting the picks prior to them being made? I'd like to be able to look at twitter and remain informed while actually being anxious and excited about the picks being made on television

Lakers/Wizards talking about a deal sending Westbrook to Lakers for scraps per Shams.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Am I the only one that wishes Woj and Shams would stop tweeting the picks prior to them being made? I'd like to be able to look at twitter and remain informed while actually being anxious and excited about the picks being made on television
    Because they are the type of people that would tell you how a movie ends knowing you haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Lakers/Wizards talking about a deal sending Westbrook to Lakers for scraps per Shams.
    I wonder if this means Beal will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If so, he will likely be a Warrior soon.

It would only make sense that it would if Westbrook is traded.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I bet we Keon Johnson or Kispert. We could move up if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because they are the type of people that would tell you how a movie ends knowing you haven't seen it yet.
    It's actually because it's their job to report the news as soon as they get it, that's what they are hired on the basis of: dropping ''bombs''. And if one of them gets the news and waits they risk the other person putting it out first, which is bad for business.

In any case, I find it kind of weird to be like ''I wish Woj and Shams would stop tweeting the picks prior to them being revealed. I'd like to be able to remain informed but also not actually gain any additional information, which is kind of the opposite of being informed.''

Personally, I like to watch the draft for the catchy little jingle they play while the names get announced, and to see the reactions on the player's faces when their dreams come true. I don't watch it to find out the draft picks: if all I cared about was the list of information I'd just read the list of names the next day rather than staying up until 4am for it.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    I bet we Keon Johnson or Kispert. We could move up if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm Kispert or Murphy III if we keep the pick. But I think it's 60:40 we punt.

It's actually because it's their job to report the news as soon as they get it, that's what they are hired on the basis of: dropping ''bombs''. And if one of them gets the news and waits they risk the other person putting it out first, which is bad for business.

In any case, I find it kind of weird to be like ''I wish Woj and Shams would stop tweeting the picks prior to them being revealed. I'd like to be able to remain informed but also not actually gain any additional information, which is kind of the opposite of being informed.''
    It does ruin the TV show (hence Woj's extensive euphamism usage the last few years) and I can see someone wanting to both enjoy the TV show/picks as they happen, and simultaneously want to get some immediate reaction/analysis online.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    It does ruin the TV show (hence Woj's extensive euphamism usage the last few years) and I can see someone wanting to both enjoy the TV show/picks as they happen, and simultaneously want to get some immediate reaction/analysis online.
    Idk, just personally I want to know the information as soon as the information is available. I still get to hear the announcement and see the player hug their family and realise the significance of the moment, I still get to watch the little interviews they give, I still get to *ahem* enjoy the commentary of the esteemed and draft-savvy hosts they so frequently employ for the draft, etc. But none of that enjoyment comes from just hearing a name next to a number, for me.

Monty beat us to the punch. Doubt Trajan even wanted him though. Or didn't want to give up a pick for him.

I'm still hoping we unload that pick for Ingles....

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Monty beat us to the punch. Doubt Trajan even wanted him though. Or didn't want to give up a pick for him.
    I certainly didn't want him, so same boat there

Edit: also, technically, it wasn't Monty. He's not the GM. It was James Jones.

I certainly didn't want him, so same boat there

Edit: also, technically, it wasn't Monty. He's not the GM. It was James Jones.
    I know. Im just saying Monty for reference.

The Lakers may trade Kuzma, Harrell, KCP, and draft pick tonight for Westbrook. I don?t know if I would do that if I?m the Lakers. Not sure how I feel about it with our picks

One of the underrated narratives I will be following tonight is where Bones Hyland ends up. He is very cool and extremely fun and I hope he goes somewhere neat.

Thread Information