Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day - 29th July

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Oh nice!

And maybe next year we can trade it for a 2023 2nd round pick.

Then in 2023 we can trade it for a 2024 second round pick.
    Perhaps the true value if the pick is as a pick and not a player who will probably always be the 13th uniform on some NBA bench.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Why would you trade the pick? You need all the ammo you can get to save your job you fool.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Perhaps the true value if the pick is as a pick and not a player who will probably always be the 13th uniform on some NBA bench.
    Ding ding

The fact that Jazz are involved is good sign. Lets hope we find out after the draft that Ingles is involved. Same way we found out Adams was attached to trade last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First ever MVP, not the first ever good player though.

I just hate this strategy where we pick ''sort of okay guys, but they're wings tho'' or - in the case of Herb - ''sort of fine but at least he's from round here''.

Just draft the dude with the highest upside. If he ever hits it, super value: if he doesn't, who cares it's not like Herb Jones is going to be a major factor either, you haven't lost anything.
    Since going to 30 teams, there's 123 players that were drafted in the 2nd round that never even played a single minute in the NBA. Not one minute.

8 have made at least one all star game. That list includes Paul Millsap, Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Goran Dragic, Isaiah Thomas, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, and Jokic.

My point is it's funny reading posts on here complaining about the second round pick when there's a far greater chance they'll never play. And yes, I'm even referring to whoever anyone here is suggesting they should take with the 2nd rounder.

I hope they pan out, but the odds aren't there to even worry about it.

Do we still have another pick? Give me Cooper, Boston, or Petrusev

God bless David Griffin

It's kind of weird that, in Cleveland, what Griff was best at was making clever moves around the margins to add talent to a top heavy and capped out roster.

Meanwhile, in New Orleans, he seems to find it nigh on impossible to extract value from the margins.
    Maybe... Because... The following happened...

1. LeBron/Klutch wanted moves and the ownership feed them to Griff
    2. Griff is at his best once he is put in a pressure cooker to get said moves done.
    3. The moves he did make didn't involve anything really Basketball insight or sauve... It was get this guy and that guy. Players that where finished products.

Griff never built a team from the ground up and it's beyond evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Maybe... Because... The following happened...

1. LeBron/Klutch wanted moves and the ownership feed them to Griff
    2. Griff is at his best once he is put in a pressure cooker to get said moves done.
    3. The moves he did make didn't involve anything really Basketball insight or sauve... It was get this guy and that guy. Players that where finished products.

Griff never built a team from the ground up and it's beyond evident.
    Would you let him run your business? I’m guessing not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    The fact that Jazz are involved is good sign. Lets hope we find out after the draft that Ingles is involved. Same way we found out Adams was attached to trade last year

I think the pick was Memphis's pick, who traded it to Utah. So we made the pick for Memphis, who in-turn traded it to Utah.

So confused.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I think the pick was Memphis's pick, who traded it to Utah. So we made the pick for Memphis, who in-turn traded it to Utah.

So confused.
    You think they even know how many picks they have now?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Ding ding
    Yeah, and I'd understand that and agree if that's what was left on the board or if it was a one time thing. But this is a Griff special: he did it last year too, where he basically jsut shuffled picks down the board before shuffling them off into next year when there were legitimately talented guys - in some cases guys who had arguments as lottery talents! - left to pick.

It's one thing to say ''everyone left is just a 13th uniform on an NBA bench, so I'll trade the pick along to keep the pick value''.

It's another to look at a guy who can lead the NBA in 3pt% or play impact minutes for a team that made the playoffs with your 24th pick and go ''uh... I think I'll just pass for nothing.''

It's just bad process, and it's a bad process that's now happened multiple years in a row.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

So confused.
    I?m confused too which has me optimistic. Going to be a third team on our trade with grizzlies.

I'm not going to pretend I know more than an NBA FO. All I know is all the guys I've been preaching about all got picked before the Pelicans had a chance to. So it's not like they passed on them. So it's just whatever.

That said, I do like they seem to have a sense of identity and direction. They went with "Naji like" athletic long wings that care about defending.

So, we'll just have to see how it turns out.

There goes Cooper

Another guy we'll regret passing on

It's so funny that the Hawks get Sharife.

''Trae's tired, he's gotta go to the bench. Who's their backup PG?''

''Oh just like, you know, another Trae Young. This one is slightly shorter though.''

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    I cant believe the Lakers traded for Westbrook. LeBron is just leaning haaaard into the super team isnt he?

51is getting traded or a euro stash.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    51is getting traded or a euro stash.
    Cash Considerations tbh

Take Boston if he’s available and I’ll be happy even tho we could of hit a home run if not for the last pick

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Take Boston if he’s available and I’ll be happy even tho we could of hit a home run if not for the last pick
    tbh why not.

He struggled extremely hard in college but he was electric in high school. Stick him in the G League and see if he can gain any muscle.

More likely though, cash considerations.

There goes Petrusev

Vrenz pls

People here are calling Griffin the worst GM over trading nonimpact 2nd round picks. Wow
    Last edited by SonOfNOLA; 07-29-2021 at 11:21 PM.

Thread Information