Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day - 29th July

There goes Springer

Butler, Sharife, JT Thor, Deuce McBride, all still on the board.

We pick again in 7 picks.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I hope we get Springer! Well forget that
    Philly just needs to move Simmons to his natural position and give up on this PG nonsense... Since they won't get 4 picks and a young player for him.

Give me Butler, Donsumyu(sp?), or Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Philly just needs to move Simmons to his natural position and give up on this PG nonsense... Since they won't get 4 picks and a young player for him.
    Love playing Embiid at C and Simmons at PF, rendering the paint a black hole and completely neutralising Simmons' best skill while making Embiid's best skill more difficult.

What they need to do is trade him, and accept a realistic return for him. His value is lower than it's ever been.

Okay okay, not too bad. I kinda like this selection - very much in the Nic Claxton mold of pick they made a while back. Not sure if they'll get him minutes - might run him at the 4?

Butler, Sharife, Thor, McBride all still on the board - we pick again in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Butler, Sharife, JT Thor, Deuce McBride, all still on the board.

We pick again in 7 picks.
    JT Thor might be Chiek Diallo 2.0, but I don't care... Get em...

Nesmith finished well compared to how he started, but the passing was still terrible, the defense was still bad. Basically what changed for him is that the shot picked up and started falling more.

My problem with Nesmith is not ''Nesmith will never be a playable guy'', because I'm sure he will. My problem with Nesmith is that he was lauded as the best shooter in the class when he just blatantly wasn't, and as a result teams bought the hype and he got picked lottery when he just shouldn't have been. Not Nesmith's fault, but a problem with how a lot of people view the draft.
    His athleticism looked pretty good to me. He plays hard and had moments defensively or at least like Hart where it looks like he's playing good defense but he's actually just hustling to make up for a defensive mistake.

JT Thor might be Chiek Diallo 2.0, but I don't care... Get em...
    I feel like he understands how to play a lot more than Diallo did

But yeah, if you're not going to take someone like Jared Butler, why not take a swing on a high upside gamble? Send him to the G League team give him tons of run and see what happens.

Oh nice!

Surprising but I like that at #30. Aldama is might be a bit of a reach with guys like Butler and Sharife still on the board but not bad, I like the upside play for them. Great shooting prospect, good passer. Solid defensively

Sharife, Butler, Thor, McBride all still on the board - we pick again in 5

I also like Isaiah Todd who would of benefited going to college

And we're into the second round!
    Trade up for Butler pls

Lotta good 2nd round guys. Wonder if NBA teams know what they're doing and we're just dumb or if they get egg on their face in a few years.

I'm willing to bet, Matthew Hurt, Vrenz, or Butler with our next pick.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Who? Lol
    Spanish player, 6'11, good shooting prospect who can really defend. Bit of a dodgy frame, but honestly it's not like he's going to get thrown into starting or anything when Memphis have JJJ and Steven Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    I'm willing to bet, Matthew Hurt, Vrenz, or Butler with our next pick.
    Taking Matthew Hurt at 35 would be a mistake imo. He's very much a ''pick him up as UDFA'' guy imo

Bubble of players to consider

PF JT Thor
    PF Isaiah Todd
    PF Isaiah Livers
    PF Trendon Watford
    PG Jared Butler
    PG Sharife Cooper
    PG Miles McBride
    SF Herbert Jones
    SF Joe Wieskamp
    SF Sam Hauser
    C Luka Garza

That's fine, I guess. Still, you know what that means?

Sharife, Butler, Thor, McBride all still available - we pick next in 3 picks. At least one of those guys is now guaranteed to be available.

Butler
    Jokubaitis
    Cooper
    McBride

Lotta interesting guards still out there. Really surprised at the volume of mediocre wings drafted in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Bubble of players to consider

PF JT Thor
    PF Isaiah Todd
    PF Isaiah Livers
    PF Trendon Watford
    PG Jared Butler
    PG Sharife Cooper
    PG Miles McBride
    SF Herbert Jones
    SF Joe Wieskamp
    SF Sam Hauser
    C Luka Garza
    Not interested in Garza, Hauser is whatever, not a Watford guy. Todd just went to Washington.

The rest would be fine, but I feel like you should either take the best all around player (Butler) or just go max upside and take Sharife.

****. Whatever man. Good pick Bucks...or Wizards I guess.

Not interested in Garza, Hauser is whatever, not a Watford guy. Todd just went to Washington.

The rest would be fine, but I feel like you should either take the best all around player (Butler) or just go max upside and take Sharife.
    I think Sharife or Butler will be gone by the time we pick. So, it really should be an easy choice.

Will never stop being funny to see how people react to Primo.

He's 18 but he looks about 9 years old

I think Sharife or Butler will be gone by the time we pick. So, it really should be an easy choice.
    As long as it's not both in the next 3 picks Pels Life

Watch it, we'll get there and both will be available and we'll draft Luke Garza

Thread Information