Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day - 29th July

Jalen Springer fall to 34/35 I forget the pick? Lol I hope so

I love how the Knicks had 3 first round picks, desperately needed a lead guard, and drafted one guy and they can't dribble
    Basketball.

Denver sweep Bones off the board

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Jalen Springer fall to 34/35 I forget the pick? Lol I hope so
    I bet Jaden goes at 34

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I love how the Knicks had 3 first round picks, desperately needed a lead guard, and drafted one guy and they can't dribble
    Like the Obi Toppen pick! I thought that was insane

I dig it.

A team with no identity drafts a player purely by talent and skillset, alone. A team with an already established core has to add fit and need into the equation. IF the team is moving away from Zo and Hart, I really like this pick.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Like the Obi Toppen pick! I thought that was insane
    I still can't believe some people had Obi Toppin top 5 in that draft.

At some point people will realise that being a dominant player isn't super impressive when you're ancient compared to everyone else in college, and when you can't move backwards as a big your defense is going to be atrocious.

But I guess they made up for it with Quickley

Sharife
    Springer
    Butler
    JT Thor
    Deuce McBride

All still on the board

Sharife
    Springer
    Butler
    JT Thor
    Deuce McBride

All still on the board
    I hope we move up to nab both Springer and Thor.

I still can't believe some people had Obi Toppin top 5 in that draft.

At some point people will realise that being a dominant player isn't super impressive when you're ancient compared to everyone else in college, and when you can't move backwards as a big your defense is going to be atrocious.
    The Knicks are gonna Knick.

The 2nd round gonna have a few 1st round prospects. Did Springer just tank the interview process?

Brooklyn taking Cam Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The 2nd round gonna have a few 1st round prospects. Did Springer just tank the interview process?
    I have no idea. I didn't hear anything noteworthy, good or bad, about his interviews or workouts.

Every year this happens, it feels like. Xavier Tillman going in the late 30s last year, people drafting Nesmith over Bane, etc etc. Always one or two who slide hard.

There goes Cam

Damn I love Cam but I’m a little biased. Dude can straight up score tho and Brooklyn is adding that damn

Cameron Thomas to the Nets is a wise move to try and groom a Kyrie replacement.

Cam Thomas is one of those guys who I feel makes complete sense as a backup microwave scorer and zero sense in any other context.

The decision making is a mess, he would rather take any number of awful shots than pass effectively, and the defense is whatever, but if his only job is to come in and take 15 shots in 20 minutes, he's shown some wild shot-making ability.

Bobby Marks likes Cam Thomas

I have no idea. I didn't hear anything noteworthy, good or bad, about his interviews or workouts.

Every year this happens, it feels like. Xavier Tillman going in the late 30s last year, people drafting Nesmith over Bane, etc etc. Always one or two who slide hard.
    Fwiw Nesmith had a strong finish to his rookie year. Bane shouldn't have gone 30, but its way too early to pick on Nesmith.

Edit:30 not 2nd
    Last edited by Pelifan; 07-29-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Damn I love Cam but I’m a little biased. Dude can straight up score tho and Brooklyn is adding that damn
    This seems more like them getting sick of Kyrie and hope something sticks.

Assuming he actually gets minutes

There will be at least one game next year that the Nets win because Cam gets hot and hits like 8 threes, and there will be another game where they lose because he decides it is Cam Thomas Time and turn their offense into a smoking crater of ego shots

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Fwiw Nesmith had a strong finish to his rookie year. Bane shouldn't have gone in the 2nd, but its way too early to pick on Nesmith.
    Nesmith finished well compared to how he started, but the passing was still terrible, the defense was still bad. Basically what changed for him is that the shot picked up and started falling more.

My problem with Nesmith is not ''Nesmith will never be a playable guy'', because I'm sure he will. My problem with Nesmith is that he was lauded as the best shooter in the class when he just blatantly wasn't, and as a result teams bought the hype and he got picked lottery when he just shouldn't have been. Not Nesmith's fault, but a problem with how a lot of people view the draft.

I hope we get Springer! Well forget that

Springer comes off the board!

Sixers get Maxey and Springer in back to back drafts when they need functional guards and shooters, basically because everyone else in both years passed on them for no reason

Thread Information