Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Day - 29th July

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    Seems a safe pick. Makes more sense if we do not re-sign Hart. (which is contrary to the rumours of late)
    Makes more sense. I think Hart and Naji back up at Sf/Sg and TM3 plays at back up PF….

Sharife, Springer, Bones, Jared Butler, all still on the board - among others.

Really good value available to people here in the 20s.
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We still have 35 and 43.

Combine them to trade up to like, 28th and take Springer if he's there
    Would love this. Grab his teammate Keon too. Trade future conditional pick to rockets for both their upcoming picks. Top 10 or maybe a bucks pick.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 07-29-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Basically a fit/need pick (assuming they keep him).

Hopefully works out.

THis is weird
    I know I thought Garuba would be a perfect fit for Thibs

Feels weird how quiet tonight has been interms of major trades.

We've got Ben Simmons and Lillard both potentially up for trades (definitely for Simmons), we've had speculation about Siakam being moved, about Atlanta wanting to get off one of their guys, about Utah wanting to make big changes going forward, and the result so far has beeeeeeeeen

Nothing. No big player trades. People have shuffled picks and minor players, but no major names moving. There's usually at least one.

Edit: Westbrook trade was reporting way in advance of the draft, I mean there's usually something during the draft itself.

Clippers actually. And for Keon Johnson.

Feels weird how quiet tonight has been interms of major trades.

We've got Ben Simmons and Lillard both potentially up for trades (definitely for Simmons), we've had speculation about Siakam being moved, about Atlanta wanting to get off one of their guys, about Utah wanting to make big changes going forward, and the result so far has beeeeeeeeen

Nothing. No big player trades. People have shuffled picks and minor players, but no major names moving. There's usually at least one.

Edit: Westbrook trade was reporting way in advance of the draft, I mean there's usually something during the draft itself.
    I agree. I?ve noticed this prior drafts though. Second round they might announce more trades. Seems that teams like to wait until they see who they get in first and early rounds before trades are made. At the end of the draft it?s a mess because it all happens at once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knicks do not want a PG

I see people saying that it wasn’t good pick for upside or whatever. In 2016 if we would of taken Brogdon, who also went to Virginia, over say Skal Labissi?re or any other high upside guy you would of been saying the same thing

Knicks do not want a PG
    Must be confident they can sign one in FA.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Must be confident they can sign one in FA.
    Schroder gotta go somewhere right?

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I see people saying that it wasn’t good pick for upside or whatever. In 2016 if we would of taken Brogdon, who also went to Virginia, over say Skal Labissi?re or any other high upside guy you would of been saying the same thing
    The problem with that take is that Skal was not a high upside guy. He was a guy who was actually much more in the Wiseman mold: that is, big measurements but is bad at the actual game.

A more accurate comparison would be Brogdon over, say, Pascal Siakam, who was a real project - that is, a guy who clearly had stuff to learn but who had good measurements and dominant statistical profiles and production.

Skal shot 52% from 2 as a 7 footer, shot 65% from the FT line, had a negative offensive BPM, and an assist percentage of 3% lmao

Let the trades begin!

Pacers and Knicks: both in real need of a primary initiator

Pacers and Knicks: both have had 2 picks already in this draft

Pacers and Knicks: Both decide not to draft either Sharife or Springer

????

Another big for Houston

Wow. I honestly feel like, if we keep the pick, there could still be real value on the board at 35.

Is this like last year where Xavier Tillman went in the late 30s and then was immediately impactful and good as a rookie? Can we pick up a Tillman type?

Between Josh Christopher, Jalen Green, and Kevin Porter Jr, the Rockets are just collecting dudes who are nuclear athletes that run on vibes

Still on the board:

Springer
    Sharife
    Bones
    JT Thor
    Jared Butler

Thread Information