Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Jaxson Hayes arrested after domestic call turns into brawl with LEO

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That was jacked up. And once again I’m the idiot here.

like i told yall. guilty until proven innocent.
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That was jacked up. And once again I’m the idiot here.
    At least you are man enough to admit it. One look at the officers and I already knew what time it was.

There needs to be some serious charges applied for all of these POS officers currently in law enforcement.

It's awful that it happened to Hayes. It's awful that it happens regularly to people every day. It would be awesome to see the Pels and NBA use this as another launching point for change.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

We are fortunate that Jax was in Hollywood Hills, otherwise this could've been much worse. We should never become numb to seeing videos like this

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    There needs to be some serious charges applied for all of these POS officers currently in law enforcement.
    Did you see more than what was on TMZ's site? There is not enough video of the incident to know what preceded it or happened to even cause him to be detained.

TMZ job is to make things controversial. We have to see the full evidence with the body cam footage before we can make a full assessment. But so far, not looking good for the officers. But as the report stated, Jax also attacked the officer. So I'll wait until we see the full video.

i am going to wait for the facts to come out. from what i read the girlfriend was shouting not to arrest him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah the video is pretty hard to watch. Fairly clear abuse of power in my opinion. I'm no lawyer and I certainly don't know local American law, but from just a ''who looks like the side in the wrong here'' perspective, it would be extremely difficult to watch that video and come down supporting the police.
    With the obvious caveat that we're only viewing a portion of the encounter. Having said that, I do think it's significant that the police haven't released their body cam footage of the incident. I'm becoming cautiously optimistic that Jaxson will come out on the other side of this ok.

also, i think WHEN this is dropped by all parties, we will owe hayes an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Did you see more than what was on TMZ's site? There is not enough video of the incident to know what preceded it or happened to even cause him to be detained.
    If this is your view then you still don’t get it. “Resisting” doesn’t give the police a green light to kill. They were twisting his arm here and the cop aimed directly at his heart with the taser. He was trying to kill Hayes.

Then they threatened his friend who was using his SCOTUS confirmed constitutional right to film them by saying they were going to do the same thing to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    With the obvious caveat that we're only viewing a portion of the encounter. Having said that, I do think it's significant that the police haven't released their body cam footage of the incident. I'm becoming cautiously optimistic that Jaxson will come out on the other side of this ok.
    Nope, no caveats. Police response was entirely disproportionate even if we assume that their written report of things is true, which is giving them benefit of the doubt that they've done absolutely nothing to earn.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    If this is your view then you still don’t get it. “Resisting” doesn’t give the police a green light to kill. They were twisting his arm here and the cop aimed directly at his heart with the taser. He was trying to kill Hayes.

Then they threatened his friend who was using his SCOTUS confirmed constitutional right to film them by saying they were going to do the same thing to him.
    I find it baffling that people can watch cops pile on top of a prone and unarmed man, tase him multiple times in the chest, wrench his head around, dig their knee into the back of his neck, and then threaten to assault the person filming it, and say ''oh yeah, these guys might have been justified though, we can't really say if they're in the wrong or not''.

Morality doesn't change just because you put on a uniform.

Nothing excuses Jax if he hit someone in the house or pushed the cop, but yeah. You hate to see this from police. They should know rights better than most and they abuse their power here. Guy had every right to film. Jax was already wiped from getting tased and didn?t need all that extra force. They had enough grown men to coral him ffs.

From all the reports that we have gotten, everything suggests that no domestic violence took place and cops were only called because a woman was heard screaming "roll him over".

I have yet to see anything that suggests Hayes was involved in violence. The police went out for a domestic disturbance....not a report of domestic violence. It was also reported the girlfriend did not want the cops in the house.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 08-04-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    From all the reports that we have gotten, everything suggests that no domestic violence took place and cops were only called because a woman was heard screaming "roll him over".
    Yeah there has never actually been a stated claim of domestic violence, or even a stated suspicion of domestic violence. Only ever a domestic disturbance which, as has been covered a bunch of times, can mean basically anything. Of course that doesn't rule domestic violence out, but it's very weird to keep presuming it as a primary provocation when it just hasn't come up at all and there's zero reason to think it did.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post

I would want to see the whole video as we do not know what/if Jaxson did to provoke the response. Making a decision on a very small sample is difficult. The fact that the body camera footage has not been released could indicate that the police did use excessive force for the situation, but there is a lot not seen regarding the incident.

It's 37 seconds of the end of an alteration. Without seeing everything that led up to it, it's impossible to have an objective opinion. However, what we do have is Jaxson's friend (the guy recording) account of events:

The police tried to enter the home. Hayes would not let them. "They started touching him. He (Jaxson) pushed them around and that's when they tackled Jason."

Police were responding to a domestic dispute call. They are obligated to enter the home to make sure everyone is okay. Can't just take the word of the homeowner. They need to speak to Jaxson's girlfriend without him around. If indeed the police tried to move Jaxson aside to enter the premises and he began to push them around, sounds very much like Jaxson was the instigator. To what degree? Can't tell. Need to see that section of the video before casting judgment. However, generally not a good idea to start pushing cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah there has never actually been a stated claim of domestic violence, or even a stated suspicion of domestic violence. Only ever a domestic disturbance which, as has been covered a bunch of times, can mean basically anything. Of course that doesn't rule domestic violence out, but it's very weird to keep presuming it as a primary provocation when it just hasn't come up at all and there's zero reason to think it did.
    I’m not presuming so much as I hope Jax was not involved in anything. For his own sake. And I’m not too sure he hit anyone in his defense, but I believe he may have pushed a cop which is still a nono.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I have yet to see anything that suggests Hayes was involved in violence. The police went out for a domestic disturbance....not a report of domestic violence. It was also reported the girlfriend did not want the cops in the house.
    I doubt many people would cooperate with cops entering their home or asking questions to be fair. But I did think it sounded bad for the cops when all they have on him is resisting arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    It's 37 seconds of the end of an alteration. Without seeing everything that led up to it, it's impossible to have an objective opinion. However, what we do have is Jaxson's friend (the guy recording) account of events:

The police tried to enter the home. Hayes would not let them. "They started touching him. He (Jaxson) pushed them around and that's when they tackled Jason."

Police were responding to a domestic dispute call. They are obligated to enter the home to make sure everyone is okay. Can't just take the word of the homeowner. They need to speak to Jaxson's girlfriend without him around. If indeed the police tried to move Jaxson aside to enter the premises and he began to push them around, sounds very much like Jaxson was the instigator. To what degree? Can't tell. Need to see that section of the video before casting judgment. However, generally not a good idea to start pushing cops.
    He was tased twice while on the ground with no weapons. Get this crap all the way out of here. "Generally not a good idea to start pushing cops" is so telling.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    He was tased twice while on the ground with no weapons. Get this crap all the way out of here. "Generally not a good idea to start pushing cops" is so telling.
    For real. Even if Hayes did push a cop first - which we have no real reason other than the cop's words to believe, and they've hardly earned themselves much goodwill - how is a three man tackling with multiple tasings and kneeling on the neck even remotely proportionate in response? It's not. It's an absurd overreach of power, and that's even if we assume Hayes did make first contact.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    So the 37 seconds of video put out by a friend of Jaxson's is all you need to know to conclude definitively? I hope Jaxson is not at fault, but we should be able to tell definitively when the body camera footage is released.

The video starts with Jaxson Hayes' hands behind his back as he says "I'd like your badge number" which is immediately followed by a taser to the heart. I don't need more video to know what's going on here.

Thread Information