Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaxson Hayes arrested after domestic call turns into brawl with LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The fact that his girlfriend was screaming ''Don't turn him over!'' also reduces the likelihood somewhat of it being a domestic violence dispute: if it was, surely she would have wanted him taken in?

Of course, domestic violence situations are very complex and it's entirely possible that that was still the case - I'm not pretending that this rules that out completely or that it's not something that could have happened. It's just another thing to consider.
    Could be both. There's plenty of times there's domestic violence and police are called and then the person quickly flips, maybe out of fear, and doesn't want the police involved and tries to protect their partner. But since they said domestic disturbance, rather than claiming domestic violence, when an NBA player was involved, I'm maybe a bit too not trusting of the police on this one and think that they're exaggerating it.

Also, I take her saying "Don't turn him over" as him being tased and knocked to the ground, possibly on his side or on his face, and she didn't want them flipping him over under the fear that he may have been seriously injured... and moving him over without paramedics involved could possibly had made any neck/back injury worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Pick 17 and Hayes for pick 10.
    Who says no?
    Add in Bledsoe and grizz says yes

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Add in Bledsoe and grizz says yes

Not legal anyway lol

Yeah, cops here in the UK can be bad but I get the vibe that, at least for the most part, they're not quite on the level of American cops. Something about the lack of guns, I think, plays a big role.
    Hey. While we're here. What's up with you brits and headbutting? Every time I'm watching my britshows and I fight breaks out people are headbutting eachother.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hey. While we're here. What's up with you brits and headbutting? Every time I'm watching my britshows and I fight breaks out people are headbutting eachother.
    They're quick to execute, usually hard to anticipate, and effective.

The downside is that they hurt the person doing them as much as the person getting hit, which sucks.
    Basketball.

Hall of Famer
    Diamond Leung @diamond83
    about 7 minutes ago
    Jaxson Hayes was arrested for resisting arrest after officers responded to a call of a domestic dispute, and a woman at the location declined to cooperate with officers investigating the dispute call, per LAPD.

Yeah I think people are rushing a little too quickly to the "Hayes is such an idiot why would he be so stupid and assault a cop" thing.

Like yes, absolutely, that could be what happened. But the Thabo Sefalosha cop incident wasn't that long ago, and the Masai Ujiri one was even more recent. You should know by now that just automatically assuming that the cops were innocent in such a situation, and truthful about it after, is at least slightly unwise. Wait to find out what actually happened before throwing Jax straight into the garbage.
    Neither of those were at a private home or had calls to the cops like this situation.

When do we get to watch bodycam footage so we can judge if it were a misunderstanding or he deserved it?

Another Saints player got arrested too. This is going awesome for Gayle

I’d assume these charges will either be dropped or reduced. The only issue here is the domestic issue. NBA is non-tolerative of these issues, and rightly so.

He resisted arrest and shoved a cop

That's not good

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

That's not good
    Does not appear that the arrest was warranted based on evidence. There's also an investigation into illegal use of force by the arresting officers

Again, these kinds of things happen all the time and charges are reduced/dropped. Domestic issue is the thing we should be worried about

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I’d assume these charges will either be dropped or reduced. The only issue here is the domestic issue. NBA is non-tolerative of these issues, and rightly so.
    I generally agree with you, but in what world does the NBA not tolerate domestic issues?

Kobe done raped a girl

I generally agree with you, but in what world does the NBA not tolerate domestic issues?
    Historically they do, of course. But in the past year or so they have made steps in the right direction here.

I'd also like to say that this report reads nothing like the original TMZ article. What a shame that story leaked.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

That's not good
    It says he was arrested for resisting arrest.

Lmao.

Release the video

Also last paragraph mentions investigation of police use of force since they put pressure on his neck.
    Last edited by bradael; 07-29-2021 at 12:04 PM.

There is probably no domestic issue. Not sure why people are trying to make that into one.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Thank goodness Jax got that giraffe neck. It's literally impossible to not touch his neck in a confrontation. Could be a blessing in getting it reduced/dropped.

What's also interesting is that it was him trying to enter when before I perceived it as him blocking the way. Seems less bad this way.

Well at least he didn't hit a cop

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    A push sounds far less egregious than a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    There is probably no domestic issue. Not sure why people are trying to make that into one.
    Just because it was initially reported that they were called to the residence for a "domestic disturbance", hence why people discuss a domestic issue.

But, as has also been discussed, a "domestic dispute" can be almost anything, right down to minor stuff that basically isn't even worth mentioning.

Just because it was initially reported that they were called to the residence for a "domestic disturbance", hence why people discuss a domestic issue.

But, as has also been discussed, a "domestic dispute" can be almost anything, right down to minor stuff that basically isn't even worth mentioning.
    The issue that I find in the report is that they were trying to enter the house to talk to the ?victim? of what I assume was the domestic dispute

Thread Information