Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaxson Hayes arrested after domestic call turns into brawl with LEO

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    As I thought.

Gotta be extremely careful with how this is discussed. Domestic violence stuff is extremely serious, wouldn't want to throw that accusation around with some confirmation.
    Yes, disturbance. My bad. Which leads me to believe someone externally called probably from hearing loud noises or shouting. Either way the cops are going to check out if everyone is ok. I’m sure details are forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    Yes, disturbance. My bad. Which leads me to believe someone externally called probably from hearing loud noises or shouting. Either way the cops are going to check out if everyone is ok. I’m sure details are forthcoming.
    Hopefully details will come out relatively soon and clear things up. Fingers crossed that it was nothing serious and that this is (sadly) another case of police overreach rather than Jaxson being stupid.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Weed doesn't make you get violent, quite the opposite

Likely booze
    Weed apparently makes people run faster. :/
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Weed doesn't make you get violent, quite the opposite

Likely booze
    Weed can certainly lower your inhibitions, and reduce your awareness of danger. And you don’t necessarily think things through as clearly as you could without. Such as say, not processing that the weed in your house isn’t illegal in California as opposed in other states.

But if I had to guess probably weed and booze.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Need to get that felony reduced/dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Weed apparently makes people run faster. :/
    One time, in college, a guy I knew injected seven weeds and almost died.

Say safe kids. Weed kills.

From what I can tell that hasn't been reported anywhere. The report was a domestic disturbance which can be any number of things, many of them very minor. Has there been another report confirming it to be domestic violence?
    Exactly. Heck, just Sunday night a young girl from two doors down (early 20s) was walking down the street about 9 pm yelling and screaming and cursing at a guy on a bike that I guess was her boyfriend. Nothing physical, just a lot of yelling. Someone could have called the cops and that would have been considered a domestic disturbance. You are correct, its important to not overreact.

Don't these people know, nothing good happens in LA? Make the city you play in your home and stay put.

Letting all the details and video(if there is one) play out before I pass any judgement. But very likely he is suspended for a portion of the season regardless. I'd hate to see such a promising career come down so quickly if the evidence is all the way against him.

Hmmmm. I can recall many years ago when a certain poster here was a a young buck the police showed up at a late night party responding to a report of a disturbance and he ended up handcuffed at the back of the cruiser charged with disturbing the peace, resisting arrest and battery of a police officer. Many months and a many hundreds of dollars in legal fees later everything was pled down to disturbing the peace and community service.

This sounds more serious (I never hit a badge or went to the hospital) but sometimes things like this are less than they appear. Should wait for all the facts.

I'll await details before jumping to either side's perspective. Certainly a black eye for the team and him, gotta hope he was not guilty of anything more than the scuffle.
    "..but there's Baron dribbling the ball for 20 seconds, hoisting bad 3s and single-handedly killing them in close games. It's like somebody shrunk Antoine Walker and gave him his own team."
    - Bill Simmons (2006)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

From the article itself:

Multiple people who live on the same block as Hayes’ girlfriend in L.A.’s Woodland Hills neighborhood said a young woman’s loud screams woke them up about 3 a.m. One of the neighbors described hearing the young woman at the NBA pro’s girlfriend’s home yell, “Don’t turn him over! Don’t turn him over!” before first responders arrived in vehicles with flashing lights.
    TMZ reported that police expected to book Hayes with felony battery of an officer. The police were still investigating the alleged domestic dispute, but neither Hayes nor the girlfriend were cooperating, TMZ added.
    Jail records did not list Hayes as booked as of early Wednesday evening.

I live in the UK so obviously the state of armament between the police forces is different, but where I grew up seeing a cop was basically a guarantee that a fight was about to kick off. No tazing but lots and lots of being hit with batons.
    I watched an episode of COPS that was oversees. Some of which was in the UK. The difference in patience, attitude, and disposition of those police over there vs cops in the US was mind blowing.

Some of those civilians acting up over there would surely have been shot or beaten to death by cops over here. I was pulled over asked out of my car for speeding once. Cop threatened to shoot me in the head because my hands got too close to my pockets.

As for the knee-jerk, highly reactionary comments about this story over a "domestic disturbance"...par for the course. smdh

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I watched an episode of COPS that was oversees. Some of which was in the UK. The difference in patience, attitude, and disposition of those police over seas vs the US was mind blowing.

Some of those civilians acting up over there would surely have been shot or beaten to death by cops over here.

As for the knee-jerk, highly reactionary comments about this story over a "domestic disturbance"...par for the course. smdh
    Yeah, cops here in the UK can be bad but I get the vibe that, at least for the most part, they're not quite on the level of American cops. Something about the lack of guns, I think, plays a big role.

No video showing their officers' actions during the confrontation with Hayes had been released as of Wednesday.
    There was a thread at the top of reddit last week with a video shot by someone that was pulled over showed a police officer tossing a bag into his car. Looked like he was planting evidence.

The footage from the police officer's body cam was immediately released showing that the bag he tossed into the person's car came from the other person's pockets that he was searching.

I don't know the LAPD's policy on releasing footage, but I would imagine if Hayes was 100% at fault, with no fault at all at the responsibility of the police, they probably would have released the footage by now. I still wonder what exactly they were called to the house for. "Scary scary screaming" sounds like it could be from before cops arrived, but also is worded to make it sound like the scary screaming also occurred after Hayes was tased and that his girlfriend feared for Hayes's life.

Guilty until proven innocent on this board huh? Smh
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    "Scary scary screaming" sounds like it could be from before cops arrived, but also is worded to make it sound like the scary screaming also occurred after Hayes was tased and that his girlfriend feared for Hayes's life.
    The fact that his girlfriend was screaming ''Don't turn him over!'' also reduces the likelihood somewhat of it being a domestic violence dispute: if it was, surely she would have wanted him taken in?

Of course, domestic violence situations are very complex and it's entirely possible that that was still the case - I'm not pretending that this rules that out completely or that it's not something that could have happened. It's just another thing to consider.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Stolen from Reddit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jax.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	6585  

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    My issue isn’t so much on if he’s guilty. I’m just not going to be depending on him as someone significant. Even if nothing much comes of this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    It has nothing to do with guilt or innocence whatsoever.

It has to do with him being in the league for two years and chalking up two character issues instances (behavioral issues) on his ledger. It's not a good look for him or the team. And I am one of his bigger fans.

Pick 17 and Hayes for pick 10.
    Who says no?

Man.... is that trade aging like milk every day.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Idiot.

Griff is prob pissed right now b/c he really loves Jaxson Hayes. Wants to see him and NAW succeed esp, I hear. Willie Green is also prob like oh my, I do have my work cut out for me. I feel like we'll keep him b/c he's young and you can see he can be really great in this league and just try to get the charges dismissed and hope this to goes away quickly. What I hate about it is FAs seeing it and looking badly at the team. Jaxson Hayes needs to get his act together.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    Griff is prob pissed right now b/c he really loves Jaxson Hayes. Wants to see him and NAW succeed esp, I hear. Willie Green is also prob like oh my, I do have my work cut out for me. I feel like we'll keep him b/c he's young and you can see he can be really great in this league and just try to get the charges dismissed and hope this to goes away quickly. What I hate about it is FAs seeing it and looking badly at the team. Jaxson Hayes needs to get his act together.
    The latest report I have seen (Ramon Antonio Vargas) suggests that Felony Battery Charges against an Officer will be filed against JAX. If true, he will, at the very least, face a minor league suspension. Bear in mind it is Los Angeles and DA George Garcon prosecutes no crimes perpetrated against police. So there's hope.

Thread Information