Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaxson Hayes arrested after domestic call turns into brawl with LEO

Jesus Christ …

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I live in the UK so obviously the state of armament between the police forces is different, but where I grew up seeing a cop was basically a guarantee that a fight was about to kick off. No tazing but lots and lots of being hit with batons.
    It all makes sense now!!!!!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    It all makes sense now!!!!!
    Not me personally but glad to brighten your day
    Basketball.

Sooooo... How is this going to affect the club as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think it just guarantees a spot for Willy

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Well that?s a bit premature. Imagine saying this about Masai Ujiri where even a cop claimed to get attacked by him and get a concussion.

Could be real bad for Hayes but we don?t know the story yet. Domestic disturbance can be a nose complaint for a party. And a ?brawl with cops? could be just him blocking them from entering the home and then tasing him before realizing he can sue them like sterling brown.
    You're right. Hopefully TMZ just embellishing for drama sake. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, clearly not good. First a "domestic disturbance", which could be anything but doesn't bode well, and then this as a follow up?

Obviously I'm not going to assume anything about blame - I'd sooner drink bleach than take a cop at their word - but frankly it often doesn't matter who started it in situations like this. You hit a cop, even if they started it, you're generally screwed.
    Quite telling of you......

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Quite telling of you......
    That he's realistic? We're all wanting body cams for a reason.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Well there is always a sign and trade possibility, Lonzo for Wiseman.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Maybe I am in the minority here, but I have been around for 40 years and I dont know one person who even knows one person who had cops come to their home and start an all out brawl. Guess I just know boring people
    Really? Not even family members? Don't hear that often. That's awesome.

I do worry if the reason Jax was so determined to keep them out is drug related. Cops should absolutely not invite themselves into someone’s home without a warrant, but if one was issued and/or there was violence involved prior to the arrival of police Jax could be in trouble. I doubt he will be expelled from the league or anything but this could drastically affect his life and escalate tensions in the area. I hope it was just a harmless house party call and nothing more for his sake.

Well sure but, as mentioned, he has a history of acting rashly. For all we know he just had weed and panicked, which is frankly something I couldn't care less about.
    Isn’t weed legal in California?

Guessing it won't? Unless there's video of him hitting a woman, this will likely turn into nothing (rightly or wrongly).

If you say so

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I do worry if the reason Jax was so determined to keep them out is drug related. Cops should absolutely not invite themselves into someone’s home without a warrant, but if one was issued and/or there was violence involved prior to the arrival of police Jax could be in trouble. I doubt he will be expelled from the league or anything but this could drastically affect his life and escalate tensions in the area. I hope it was just a harmless house party call and nothing more for his sake.
    It may make a big difference as to why the police were there. Legally, you can resist an unlawful arrest. I’m not sure that legally you can resist an unlawful entry into your house, though. The problem is if the police were there on a suspicion of domestic abuse, assuming they have some decent articulable facts, they can probably force there way in without a warrant based on exigent circumstances.

Either way, my guess is we’re going to find out that Jaxson probably could have handled this a lot better.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Guessing it won't? Unless there's video of him hitting a woman, this will likely turn into nothing (rightly or wrongly).
    Tmz will def have the video of what happened

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    I have no idea, but even if it is I could see a 20 year old (who, again, has a history of reacting before he thinks) from Oklahoma not really realising that and panicking anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Yes, weed is legal in California for recreational purposes, so I wouldn’t believe that had anything to do with it. And the cops would not need a warrant in this case because they were called out on a domestic violence call. They are then obligated to check both parties for injuries and decide if an arrest is warranted. Jaxson would have no right to block them from checking the other party. But I wonder who made the call in the first place???

Oh great... Another embarrassing Pelicans story. Can I catch a freaking break...

Weed doesn't make you get violent, quite the opposite

Likely booze

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Whatever the outcome I’ll never fully trust Hayes again. I like boring homebodies. Give me more Marcus Davenport’s and less dudes who go onto Instagram and bellyache about all star weekend snubs and punch ups with coppers.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    Yes, weed is legal in California for recreational purposes, so I wouldn’t believe that had anything to do with it. And the cops would not need a warrant in this case because they were called out on a domestic violence call. They are then obligated to check both parties for injuries and decide if an arrest is warranted. Jaxson would have no right to block them from checking the other party. But I wonder who made the call in the first place???
    From what I can tell that hasn't been reported anywhere. The report was a domestic disturbance which can be any number of things, many of them very minor. Has there been another report confirming it to be domestic violence?

From what I can tell that hasn't been reported anywhere. The report was a domestic disturbance which can be any number of things, many of them very minor. Has there been another report confirming it to be domestic violence?
    No. We need more fax now

No. We need more fax now
    As I thought.

Gotta be extremely careful with how this is discussed. Domestic violence stuff is extremely serious, wouldn't want to throw that accusation around with some confirmation.

Thread Information