Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaxson Hayes arrested after domestic call turns into brawl with LEO

This is why we can't have nice things

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    It’s not even the assaulting cop thing that makes it look bad…. It’s the domestic stuff that he tried so hard to keep the cops from seeing…or whatever else that was in the residence that scared Jax into fighting so hard. This story has a lot of issues.

Dumb**********

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It’s not even the assaulting cop thing that makes it look bad…. It’s the domestic stuff that he tried so hard to keep the cops from seeing…or whatever else that was in the residence that scared Jax into fighting so hard. This story has a lot of issues.
    Well sure but, as mentioned, he has a history of acting rashly. For all we know he just had weed and panicked, which is frankly something I couldn't care less about.
    Basketball.

Given the social climate and his money and resources, I think he will be back by training camp, but I still bring back Willy and take either Bassey or Queta with a 2nd
    @mcnamara247

Low iq on and off the court

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Unbelievable. Well, he is likely done with the team and maybe the NBA.
    Well that’s a bit premature. Imagine saying this about Masai Ujiri where even a cop claimed to get attacked by him and get a concussion.

Could be real bad for Hayes but we don’t know the story yet. Domestic disturbance can be a nose complaint for a party. And a “brawl with cops” could be just him blocking them from entering the home and then tasing him before realizing he can sue them like sterling brown.

Just when Mac posted his most positive Pels Tweet too

Universe vetoed it

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Given the social climate and his money and resources, I think he will be back by training camp, but I still bring back Willy and take either Bassey or Queta with a 2nd
    There's no way I'm that confident. I'll be shocked if he plays another minute for the Pelicans, and that makes me sad as a fan. Just sucks all around.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    There's no way I'm that confident. I'll be shocked if he plays another minute for the Pelicans, and that makes me sad as a fan. Just sucks all around.
    I will take that bet. This stuff always seems bad in the moment. And then both sides leak details and since he is well known and has resources and it is this climate, and has no past legal issues, I bet he gets probation

Maybe Sengun falls?
    That's the freaking dream. I would take him at pick 5 if I was a GM
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Just when Mac posted his most positive Pels Tweet too

Universe vetoed it
    LMAO

I will take that bet. This stuff always seems bad in the moment. And then both sides leak details and since he is well known and has resources and it is this climate, and has no past legal issues, I bet he gets probation
    I can see this. But man I'm just glad no one died.

LMAO
    Damn you Mac. Get it together man. KNOW YOUR ROLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Damn you Mac. Get it together man. KNOW YOUR ROLE!
    I am always a realist. Just most people are optimistic about most things and most things go bad for the Pels, so I seem like a pessimist.

The roster, however, on Aug 10th will be nice. So, I say it will be nice because that is accurate, and its "optimistic"

I sincerely hope you're right. Jaxson is one of my favorite players on this team.

If all of the guys I knew that got tazed in college made the front page of TMZ... well there would be a few less lawyers. As long as the domestic issue is not one of violence

Jaxson Taze(d)

Bro ruined his career in one night..all that hard work to be in the %1 to make it to the league and he screws it up. We have to release him now and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    If all of the guys I knew that got tazed in college made the front page of TMZ... well there would be a few less lawyers. As long as the domestic issue is not one of violence
    Maybe I am in the minority here, but I have been around for 40 years and I dont know one person who even knows one person who had cops come to their home and start an all out brawl. Guess I just know boring people

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I have been around for 40 years and I dont know one person who even knows one person who had cops come to their home and start an all out brawl. Guess I just know boring people
    If you spent any time at LSU you probably know at least one guy

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    Well that’s a bit premature. Imagine saying this about Masai Ujiri where even a cop claimed to get attacked by him and get a concussion.

Could be real bad for Hayes but we don’t know the story yet. Domestic disturbance can be a nose complaint for a party. And a “brawl with cops” could be just him blocking them from entering the home and then tasing him before realizing he can sue them like sterling brown.
    For real. There's so little information out there right now.

This could be "Jaxson Hayes engaged in domestic violence before cops showed up and he violently swung at them, knocking one unconscious" or it could be "Jaxson Hayes played his music too loudly, cops showed up for a noise complaint and started a scuffle after he didn't let them waltz into his front room" - or anything in between.

There are so many high profile cases of cops either misreporting or, frankly, completely fabricating stories of violence against them that just assuming they're the woeful victim on basically zero information is akin to getting your wallet inspected.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Really? I have never known anyone in my life what has been tazed.

Damnit Jax. You have too much talent to be getting caught up in this crap.

Really? I have never known anyone in my life what has been tazed.
    I live in the UK so obviously the state of armament between the police forces is different, but where I grew up seeing a cop was basically a guarantee that a fight was about to kick off. No tazing but lots and lots of being hit with batons.

Thread Information