Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MAJOR TRADE: Pelicans / Grizzlies

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Every move has it's consquences. Trading Adams for a 1st when OKC couldn't give him away for 18 months is virtually unforgivable
    His value was entirely different than the 18 months prior because he was at that point an expiring. I think we gave up too much, yes. Unforgiveable, no. Glasses are fogged by a disappointing season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who is the move no one sees coming? Due to lack of apparent possibility or sheer randomness? Biggest on that list would be Kawhi. Because?why would he come here? Also we may not have the money for him anyway.

Walk it backwards from there and stop at tour most probable improbable player to use this money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Who is the move no one sees coming? Due to lack of apparent possibility or sheer randomness? Biggest on that list would be Kawhi. Because…why would he come here?
    He's going to opt into his deal and likely miss a majority of the 2021-2022 season.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    His value was entirely different than the 18 months prior because he was at that point an expiring. I think we gave up too much, yes. Unforgiveable, no. Glasses are fogged by a disappointing season.
    Not fogged at all. OKC shopped him for 18 months then Griff fell deep in love and decided he doesn't ******** with assets

All time ************ bag move using 3 assets and THEN a 2 year 40 mil extension, not even a second trying him next to Zion before blowing our load

Just try and reconcile that for one hot minute

He's leagues worse than Dell for me

He's completely mismanaged the Zion era

Why would you give a dinosaur era Centre 40 mil?
    Last edited by AusPel; 07-27-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Not fogged at all. OKC shopped him for 18 months then Griff fell deep in love and decided he doesn't ******** with assets

All time ************ bag move using 3 assets and THEN a 2 year 40 mil extension, not even a second trying him next to Zion before blowing our load

Just try and reconcile that for one hot minute

He's leagues worse than Dell for me

He's completely mismanaged the Zion era

Why would you give a dinosaur era Centre 40 mil?
    He's not on the team anymore and it took nothing to get off of him. Relax. The "Zion era" has effectively been one season

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Who is the move no one sees coming? Due to lack of apparent possibility or sheer randomness? Biggest on that list would be Kawhi. Because?why would he come here? Also we may not have the money for him anyway.

Walk it backwards from there and stop at tour most probable improbable player to use this money on.

He's not on the team anymore and it took nothing to get off of him. Relax. The "Zion era" has effectively been one season
    You're downplaying it all

You're downplaying it all
    It's just not the end of the world

SGA has been my target forever, BI and assets

SGA has been my target forever, BI and assets
    Soo if they are listening to offers on SGA, I can't imagine they would be interested in BI. Seems like they would be trying to trade for Houston's pick at #2 and then tanking for the #1 pick next season.

Yeah I'd love SGA. I doubt it happens, and I kinda get why they might move him (hes due an extension, it's probs gonna be a max, and they may not want to lock themselves into that so early into a rebuild) but if we could acquire him that would be cool as hell.
    Basketball.

Soo if they are listening to offers on SGA, I can't imagine they would be interested in BI. Seems like they would be trying to trade for Houston's pick at #2 and then tanking for the #1 pick next season.
    Yeah I agree. I feel like one of their major potential reasons to move SGA is the lack of desire to commit to a max at this stage of a rebuild. Why would they then move him for a guy who is already locked into a max?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah I agree. I feel like one of their major potential reasons to move SGA is the lack of desire to commit to a max at this stage of a rebuild. Why would they then move him for a guy who is already locked into a max?
    Only coz more 1st round azzetz

I would love SGA but it depends on what we have to give up. I truly believe we will see NAW and Jax blossom this year and I don't want to give them up to get SGA (I would include Lonzo in a heartbeat with draft picks for SGA though).

We'd have to give the rest of the LA picks and the Bucks picks and a few of our own to get SGA.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    We'd have to give the rest of the LA picks and the Bucks picks and a few of our own to get SGA.
    I would so do it. Your starting 5 would be: Zion, BI, JV, NAW and SGA

I think they where only interested to give him up for Cade.

That's basically a bigger haul than we got for AD. SGA is good but he's not that good. Plus, the only team in the NBA who can outbid us in picks is... OKC. So clearly they're not in it.

2 players of their choice not named Zion and 3 firsts, that's where I'd start.

The other thing about SGA is he's making 5.4 million this year so you could very realistically add a Duncan Robinson in addition to Shai

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's basically a bigger haul than we got for AD. SGA is good but he's not that good. Plus, the only team in the NBA who can outbid us in picks is... OKC. So clearly they're not in it.

2 players of their choice not named Zion and 3 firsts, that's where I'd start.
    I would rather give up the picks instead of the players. We need the young core players to compete. If we give those up then we will have big holes in the lineup with rookies trying fill the gaps. I do agree it is a lot to give up though. I would prefer this to having Lowry for a couple years.

I would literally lay out every pick to OKC and tell them, Just take whichever you want. Give me SGA TODAY

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I forgot to include swaps, but include those too. All picks unprotected. Would they really not consider it?

tradenba-snap-1627407366099
    Last edited by donato; 07-27-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I forgot to include swaps, but include those too. All picks unprotected. Would they really not consider it?

tradenba-snap-1627407366099
    Hell no. What is everyone smoking? SGA is a good player, but hasn?t proven squat as a winner. I wouldn?t give up that many picks for any player in the league. That is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Hell no. What is everyone smoking? SGA is a good player, but hasn’t proven squat. I wouldn’t give up that many picks for any player in the league. That is just ridiculous.
    If you don't get a budding superstar which I think SGA is then you become the Celtics. Acquiring a bunch of picks and taking a gamble that you hit on a player in the draft. I believe in our young core so go and get SGA. Let these young guys grow together.

Thread Information