Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR TRADE: Pelicans / Grizzlies

Welp. Moving Steven Adams + the true pariah, Eric Bledsoe, sure cost this team a lot. I mean it's so massive. Just completely hamstrung now. Damn you Griff.

If they stay at 17, I'm wishing for Kispert or Duarte. Very good value for Kispert and extreme value for Duarte. Both are older players that can step right in. Kispert also isn't afraid to open his mouth. Something supposedly lacking in a big way on this roster.

Would be a hard pill to swallow if either is still there and this team trades the pick.

Always been a fan of Valanciunas. Rebounding should also stay top 5 assuming Jax keeps making steps.

We got rid of Bledsoe so that’s a win in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Welp. Moving Steven Adams + the true pariah, Eric Bledsoe, sure cost this team a lot. I mean it's so massive. Just completely hamstrung now. Damn you Griff.

If they stay at 17, I'm wishing for Kispert or Duarte. Very good value for Kispert and extreme value for Duarte. Both are older players that can step right in. Kispert also isn't afraid to open his mouth. Something supposedly lacking in a big way on this roster.
    Go with Kispert if you have the choice between him and Duarte.

Like, Kispert is older than most but Duarte is already cashing his pension.
    Basketball.

I would personally go Ziaire Williams

Rookies dont help any way. Shoot for the stars and if all guys in that range hit their ceiling, he is the best guy and the best fit in that range IMO
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Go with Kispert if you have the choice between him and Duarte.

Like, Kispert is older than most but Duarte is already cashing his pension.
    Nah. You know I've been team Duarte since the beginning. It's a good compromise for this roster plus you worry a lot less on defense with him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Great move. We got a very good player and we can still land a solid player at 17.

I think we will probably get Lowry. Very sure that is the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Nah. You know I've been team Duarte since the beginning. It's a good compromise for this roster plus you worry a lot less on defense with him.
    Yeah, I still don't understand it and I'm still actually very okay with Kispert's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Great move. We got a very good player and we can still land a solid player at 17.

I think we will probably get Lowry. Very sure that is the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What I like is that we have options. We can keep the TPE and use it, we can renounce it to get cap space, we can choose to match our RFAs or not, we can potentially move up a little in the draft if we want, etc etc. Lots of possibilities, and we're not hamstrung.

Finally someone with post moves

At 17 I prefer Jared Butler and Trey Murphy III. I think Butler has star potential.

I love this move. We get rid of the two guys we needed to get rid of and got back a player better than both of them. I love Jonas. He?s a double double machine with a decent shot. AND we only drop back 7 spots, if we keep the pick, in a draft where I don?t see all that much difference from 5 to 20 lol. Not really but almost

I really didn’t want to take Kispert at 10, but if he makes it to 17 than I’m all for that cause we need a lights out shooter.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-26-2021 at 05:40 PM.

I think the Trade is a definite pass. Barring injury a 2022 Lakers pick isn't going to be worth heaps, and if there is injury its top 10 protected so no harm. Creates more salary room, gets rid of Bled. JV has always seemed like a good talker, something Zion and BI don't necessarily take to naturally, could be good to have him take that kind of leadership role and allow those guys to continue the focus on their games. It sure looks like we need more veteran leaders now though, unless some of the younger guys really are going to step up.

At 17...

Jared Butler
    Cam Thomas
    Zaire Williams
    Corey Kispert

Then trade up to get JT Thor.

I'll be happy.

I think this trade gives us the flexibility we need to build a better roster around Zion, BI, NAW and Jaxson. I truly belive that is the core.

Gotta say, if we do get Lowry. Our starting five is Lowry, Naw, BI, Zion and JV.
    All five players who can get you 20+ a night. That's a pretty darn good starting five.
    Last edited by PELSGIRL; 07-26-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Let's say Griffin gets word prior to the draft that Lowry is not a possibility, would you trade 17 for Malcolm Brogdon? Or 17 and JV for Brogdon and Myles Turner?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Kispert is the dream. But start studying some Trey Murphy III film
    I?d have no problem with him, would love the fit actually

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Griff loves to get fleeced.
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Ugh, a future 1st as well for an expiring Valanciunas? Another big that does not fit well with Zion.
    Some of yall complain, even when we win. This is an awesome trade for us. We essentially moved Bledsoe AND Adams by swapping 10 for 17 and then traded for a 5 that's a much better fit next to Zion and is a borderline all-star player, for the 22 Lakers first, which has top ten protection. All of this either has us getting a $21 mil TPE or an unreal amount of cap space.

So, stop your damn whining. We won this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Let's say Griffin gets word prior to the draft that Lowry is not a possibility, would you trade 17 for Malcolm Brogdon? Or 17 and JV for Brogdon and Myles Turner?
    Interesting idea, but I think Myles and Brogdon may cost you a 1st each.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Griff loves to get fleeced.
    Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    JV is too good and too good of a fit next to Zion and Jax, to trade for Turner. And 17 alone isn't landing Brogdon.

I would love Brogdon on this team though. Wish we could S&T Lonzo for him, but I doubt he wants to go to Indiana.

Wow. Just now seeing this. Gotta process. Wow.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Kispert is the dream. But start studying some Trey Murphy III film
    Looks like a more athletic Mikal Bridges at first glance, I'm down with that.

Jonas is really underrated. He is the 3 point shooting 5 that everyone believes Zion needs, so we'll see how it goes. Will be interesting to see what the market is for him, bigs are getting cheaper and cheaper, but Jonas is one of the better shooting bigs in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    Looks like a more athletic Mikal Bridges at first glance, I'm down with that.
    Except not really in the same league as a defensive prospect. He's fine on defense, don't get me wrong, and benefits from being pretty huge physically, but he's not the lateral mover Bridges is, and he doesn't read the floor as well on D either.

Hard to believe fans are being so picky about moving back from 10 to 17 and giving up 1 Lakers pick. We absolutely won the trade. Jonas is a beast.

Thread Information