Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MAJOR TRADE: Pelicans / Grizzlies

I like it. But this isn't the end for sure. He has 2 more moves left.

I like this trade. A 5 that has range, who can finish games, score and rebound.

My question here is what does Jonas think about coming here? Is he going to be another souring vet that we all hate at the end of this season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    I like this trade. A 5 that has range, who can finish games, score and rebound.

My question here is what does Jonas think about coming here? Is he going to be another souring vet that we all hate at the end of this season?

Lol. Gotta say of all the vets to come over so far, Adams, I liked and he never seem to have a problem being here.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I know they've liked Kispert for 2 years now. I wonder if the rumors of his slide have influenced the desire to move back. Not saying that would be a good or bad pick, just saying I know they have had plenty interest in the past.
    I really don?t see Kispert getting past the Spurs. But I hope I?m wrong.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/...665249281?s=20

I don't like bleeding assets because of lack of patience and past mistakes. But at least this will be a fun offseason now. FA has so many options available now and the draft has gone from picking between 3-4 players to picking between 10 different ones plus fallers. I wonder if trading down means the Pelicans have a "reach" guy high on their board.

Basketball Guru
    well, we got our stretch 5 that we can end games with.....so now do we keep lonzo or go for a sign and trade for another piece...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well, we got our stretch 5 that we can end games with.....so now do we keep lonzo or go for a sign and trade for another piece...
    Wouldn't call him a stretch 5-

I dont think it is a lock Jonas is here this year. I dont think its a lock we keep 17 either. Fun trade to talk about, but I wouldnt draw any definite conclusions yet. First domino to fall, and as always, I think you judge the offseason as a whole
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/...665249281?s=20

Yea this is what I figured. Memphis had a fun season last year but knew that they didn?t have the potential to really make a leap. Now they?ll step back and try to find a star to pair with Ja. A team the Pels should absolutely jump in the standings this upcoming season, but definitely makes the Grizz intriguing long term. I would have preferred them to remain content with being at the back half of the playoff picture.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I dont think it is a lock Jonas is here this year. I dont think its a lock we keep 17 either. Fun trade to talk about, but I wouldnt draw any definite conclusions yet. First domino to fall, and as always, I think you judge the offseason as a whole
    If pels were going to trade out wouldnt they just keep 17 and the Lakers first out of the trade?

Fair point. Could very easily flip Jonas and wouldn’t have to attach any assets to do so. Would likely get decent value back in return. I have to admit, though, I really like what Jonas hypothetically brings to this team

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Kispert is the dream. But start studying some Trey Murphy III film
    All in for Trey!

- neworleanshoo (locked out of my account, please send bail! Or admins... any help??)

Hope they are not able to unload him cheaply-

I don’t like that the trigger was pulled this quick, I think we could’ve got a better deal during the actual draft. BUT, I do like that we have more money to play with this off-season, it signals what we’ve all known which is that the Pels are in the market for an Allstar talented vet. I’m expecting a very aggressive free agency and sign-and-trade. It wouldn’t be surprising if we unloaded the 17th pic during the draft as well. This is Zion’s team and there may be a player in the league already who he may also like. Anything’s possible. What I do know is that Griff’s job is gone if he screws up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We shed Bledsoe, still have a solid enough pick in this draft, and upgraded at the C position to a guy who can get a little bit further out of the paint (Jonas is a good long midrange shooter, always has been, shoots 78% from the FT line on his career, and has shot reasonably well from 3 on small volume through his career) and all it really cost us was 7 spots in a draft and a first that's probably going to be like the 29th pick next year.

Am I the only one who is a little perplexed at the amount of negativity going on around this trade? You're acting like we traded 6 lottery picks for a scrub.
    We finally get a big that ca rebound, play some defense, make a mid range shot, and make a damn free throw, but people b!tchin about the Lakers PROTECTED first round pick. But no you're not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    If pels were going to trade out wouldnt they just keep 17 and the Lakers first out of the trade?
    Not necessarily. A Heat 2025 pick would have more value than a Lakers 2022 first in a world in which you make the big trade in June 0f 2022

I think they draft at 17, and my bet right now would be Kispert or Murphy, but I am just saying they arent dead set on making that pick. Griff made the trade now because he is gonna keep calling around these next few days

Quote Originally Posted by AD-AT View Post
    I think when you accept the sunk cost factor here then this trade doesn't seem bad.
    And I think that's the problem. people are still killing griff for the moves last summer, but you can't turn back the hands of time and change that. Gotta judge this trade for what it is now. Those moves from last year have been corrected (let's hope), and I wonder what other moves Griff will make, because I doubt he's done trading.

I will say it is impressive how Griff was able to get rid of two bad contracts at once. He got us into them but I didn't expect for both to go so quickly. It's good b/c you can tell he knows his mistakes and he's trying.

3&D Wing... I'll take it!

Already have, gotta say I'd be mildly disappointed with him. Not horrifically, I definitely think he has some bankable skills, but I'd be a little put out with him at 17 when I think there will very probably be better on the table.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I will say it is impressive how Griff was able to get rid of two bad contracts at once. He got us into them but I didn't expect for both to go so quickly. It's good b/c you can tell he knows his mistakes and he's trying.
    I think one of the things you absolutely have to credit Griff for, so far, is that he's not doing the sunk cost thing. ''Oh but we traded for Bledsoe and kept him and gave him all these minutes, we can't just give him up'' nope, gone. ''Well, Stan only had one year and there were extraneous factors at pl-'' no, gone.

If it's not going the way he wants it to, he's cutting it off and trying to do better elsewhere. Obviously at some point you have to start nailing the moves, not just getting out of bad ones quick, but it's a somewhat positive sign.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Holy crap. I was joking when I suggested we’d get Val back from Memphis.

Thread Information