Pelicans Report

Thread: We need to Godfather offer OKC for SGA

We need to Godfather offer OKC for SGA

The guy is an absolute monster and could seriously put us in title contention

I absolutely agree with you. We should be looking to buy now on guys who are coming into their own. None of the well established players (Dame or Beal)would be all in if traded to the Pels. SGA would be great with our core in my opinion.

Plus Presti owes us one for reaming us with the Adams trade

SGA is fantastic but not only do I very much doubt OKC would give him up (why would they? They need to rebuild at some point, the very reason we want him is the exact reason they would want to build around him, and they already have more picks than they can possibly use) but I don't think he'd immediately launch us to title contention either
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    SGA is fantastic but not only do I very much doubt OKC would give him up (why would they? They need to rebuild at some point, the very reason we want him is the exact reason they would want to build around him, and they already have more picks than they can possibly use) but I don't think he'd immediately launch us to title contention either
    Because Presti loves picks!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Because Presti loves picks!
    They already have something like 16 first round picks in the next 5 years at some point they're going to want some actual players to do the rebuild with. They're not going to trade SGA for like, the 24th pick and the 27th pick from the Lakers and Bucks from 4 years in the future, it just makes zero sense.

They already have something like 16 first round picks in the next 5 years at some point they're going to want some actual players to do the rebuild with. They're not going to trade SGA for like, the 24th pick and the 27th pick from the Lakers and Bucks from 4 years in the future, it just makes zero sense.
    Stop harshing my buzz, man

Stop harshing my buzz, man
    My bad

We can trade for SGA with 6 second rounders

Again, the only way it makes sense for OKC to trade SGA is if they surmise he hurts their own future picks so much that they have no chance at Chet, or the french kid or a real franchise altering player

That said, we have called and SGA is not getting traded this summer
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Again, the only way it makes sense for OKC to trade SGA is if they surmise he hurts their own future picks so much that they have no chance at Chet, or the french kid or a real franchise altering player

Dang

I'm taking Shai over Morant

He's easily a top 15 guy for me

lmao at ''the french kid''

lmao at ''the french kid''
    Victor?

Victor?
    Yeah he means Victor Wembanyama, but it's just funny calling him ''the French kid''

I was on my phone....I wasnt typing that out

I was on my phone....I wasnt typing that out
    After seeing his last name, I don't blame you. I think Chet is gonna be amazing though.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    After seeing his last name, I don't blame you. I think Chet is gonna be amazing though.
    Chet is fantastic, so the fact that he's not even the best defensive big man prospect in his own class is pretty wild.

Thread Information