Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WojBomb: It's likely going to be Green!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Is Lee more of an offensive or defensive coach? If Green is really a good defensive coach, shouldn’t we bring in a good offensive coach like Weaver? I’d personally love to see Lee and Weaver as top assistants but probably a hard sell.
    Gotta think Mitchell is on the staff. If Green was able to convince Jarron Collins to come, he likely will join the staff. Jalen Rose also mentioned that he heard Jermaine Jackson was going to be on the staff. Not sure what his ties to Green are or what, if any experience he has, but he is LeMelo's manager.

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...598254083?s=20

I just hope expectations are realistic.

Obviously coaches matter, I am not one of those people who claims that coaches basically make zero difference, but they're not worth 10+ wins a season on their own. If the Pels roster returns next year with as many huge gaping flaws and holes in it as it had this year, then the coach could be SVG, Willie Green, Mark Jackson, Udoka, Stevens, Callipari, or Coach K, and we'd still struggle hard to make the play-ins.
    Basketball.

I do agree w/ need to make serious roster changes but honestly had SVG just not played Bled and went w/ Nickell more, we would have made the play-in. Some players stop playing for SVG esp down the stretch and Bled was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I just hope expectations are realistic.

Obviously coaches matter, I am not one of those people who claims that coaches basically make zero difference, but they're not worth 10+ wins a season on their own. If the Pels roster returns next year with as many huge gaping flaws and holes in it as it had this year, then the coach could be SVG, Willie Green, Mark Jackson, Udoka, Stevens, Callipari, or Coach K, and we'd still struggle hard to make the play-ins.
    Agreed.

That, and BI is still about three seasons away from his prime and Zion is about five. Not saying they won't be great....just that their games will still have flaws. Or they won't be the dreaded clutch in the crunch BI is getting flack about.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Official now!

Thread Information