Pelicans Report

Thread: Zion?s Proposal for Expansion to Garden District Home Rejected

Pelicans Zion?s Proposal for Expansion to Garden District Home Rejected

Don?t look for help from Cantrell either. We really are not making it any better are we?

Zion?s Proposal for Expansion to Garden District Home Rejected

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...6bdb837a9.html

6 feet, 7 inches tall, New Orleans Pelicans superstar Zion Williamson doesn’t often get rejected at the basketball goal.

But it was a different story this week when he and his family faced off with the city’s Historic District Landmarks Commission, which swatted away their plan to add a home theater, a workout space and other rooms on top of a 233-year-old Garden District mansion they bought last year.
    Williamson’s family can appeal the decision to the New Orleans City Council, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether they would take that step.
    It is our job to preserve the historic environment, and that includes the roofline,” commissioner Anne Redd said. “I am concerned about Plan B, but considering this commission has no jurisdiction (in that case), it seems inappropriate to take this into consideration.”
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-08-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Well.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Basketball Guru
    lol...you always come through with the comedy for me...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol...you always come through with the comedy for me...
    I’m sure LA and NY are laughing too.

Seriously how to you lose 3 hall of farmers in 10 years? If CP3 wins tonight he is getting his ring too.

Maybe he will have better luck moving to Metry or Kennah. They don’t care what your home looks like or how big it is.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-08-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

Seriously how to you lose 3 hall of farmers in 10 years? If CP3 wins tonight he is getting his ring too.

Maybe he will have better luck moving to Metry or Kennah. They don’t care what your home looks like or how big it is.
    Guessing you have never had to deal with a historic district in any city before. Not a pleasant experience, but is something you are well aware of when you purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Guessing you have never had to deal with a historic district in any city before. Not a pleasant experience, but is something you are well aware of when you purchase.
    Isn’t Gayle in some of these societies, commissions? Maybe she can get them to bend the rules?

He can pretty much do whatever he wants to do in da Lower Nient' Ward, too.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    He can pretty much do whatever he wants to do in da Lower Nient' Ward, too.
    New Orleans East could use his revitalization

I?m sure LA and NY are laughing too.

Maybe he will have better luck moving to Metry or Kennah. They don?t care what your home looks like or how big it is.
    Pretty sure this is Zion's mom's house, right? Zion himself lives in Kenner I think..

More and more it seems like his mom is just as big of a problem as his step-dad

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Pretty sure this is Zion's mom's house, right? Zion himself lives in Kenner I think..

More and more it seems like his mom is just as big of a problem as his step-dad
    Maybe the family was introduced to LaVar and is taking life lessons from him.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Maybe the family was introduced to LaVar and is taking life lessons from him.
    He's still part of an investigation during his time at Duke for payments going to his family. Plus his former attorney and marketing agent is freakin Michael Avenatti, who was just sentenced 30 months for extorting Nike...

Thread Information