Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA FINALS THREAD! Bucks vs Suns!

Jrue haters awfully quiet

I also need to give shout out to Italy for winning Eurocup!

Is this just going to be a 7 game series of blow outs....

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Jrue haters awfully quiet
    Jrue doesn't have haters. Or if he does, I've never seen them.

Hall of Famer
    I thought jrue figured it out last game

Booker en fuego

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Booker has to be smarter than that. He's too valuable to give himself up to stop a break way 2 that wouldn't even tie the game.

How do you not call that foul on Booker?? Also, what the hell is Booker thinking???

Booker looks like he's ready to go put a few holes in the locker room wall.

Hall of Famer
    Booker should have fouled out

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Booker looks like he's ready to go put a few holes in the locker room wall.
    he should. Suns choked and cp3 didn't do enough

Holy moly. Jrue goes 4-20 and 0-5 on threes and they still win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Holy moly. Jrue goes 4-20 and 0-5 on threes and they still win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Middleton was excellent and giannis did well

Helps that cp3 was just as bad as jrue

"Mr. All State" might be well-advised to opt back in. Father time is undefeated.

44MM for one year is a lot of money to walk away from. He'd be lucky to get a three year contract at 20MM per (the third year being a club option).

It must be nice for Booker that CP gets Jrue and he gets a combination of 36 year old PJ Tucker and Pat Connaughton.

Watching Booker and Middleton cook while working in the PnR with Giannis and Ayton got me so excited about BI and Zion. Absolutely no reason why that wasn't our go to play to close games last year, and it's the main reason BI was so frustrated with SVG. There was zero innovation in terms of running those 2 ridiculously skilled players in plays together. Now go out and get a bench scorer so that we don't have to stagger BI and Zion so heavily

The Franchise
    To me NAW is you backup scorer. Let him and Hayes cook the second units but give them some shooters around them. It’s why I like Trey Murphy and Hyland/Cam Thomas in a trade down scenario. Sign Otto Porter to play the 4 and watch that backup unit light people up. If you have to get defensive minded, then throw Didi and Naji with Porter for a more stout lineup.

Jrue has arrived. On fire going into half.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/statmuse/...1337start%3D80 holy i told people the gap wasn't that big between the two

Well this is going well for you, Wait a minute …

Ouch

CP3 was actually good in the first few games of the finals but his wrist is visibly bothering him, his handle looks bad, and when he's bad on-ball he's not good enough off-ball to get around it. The Bucks seem to have figured his limits out well, and are forcing him into difficult situations that he is not currently prepared to handle.

Meanwhile, Booker is making a ton of shots but the rest of the team is functionally frozen out. Bucks will take Booker trying difficult contested long 2s over a well balanced offense every day of the week.

And yeah, Jrue's turned into the human torch.
    Basketball.

Jrue has 25pts and 11asts with 1TO on 73% shooting in a Finals game, what a good day it is.

Man... I feel it's the 1st game Giannis, Kris, and Jrue show up big time on the score sheet. Jrue or Kris always be having a down shooting night.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... I feel it's the 1st game Giannis, Kris, and Jrue show up big time on the score sheet. Jrue or Kris always be having a down shooting night.
    For me this is the first finals game where Jrue's offense and defense have showed up at the same time. He had games where both were engaged in earlier series, but so far it's been one or the other in the finals. Tonight it's both, and he's been incredible.

Dude played 20 seconds of ball denial defense on a 7 footer as part of a casual possession. Then earlier, that steal into a stepback three. Just stupidly impressive stuff on both ends.

Jrue just took Booker’s lunch

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Jrue to a Giannis Alley-Oop.

This broke me.

Go Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    For me this is the first finals game where Jrue's offense and defense have showed up at the same time. He had games where both were engaged in earlier series, but so far it's been one or the other in the finals. Tonight it's both, and he's been incredible.

Dude played 20 seconds of ball denial defense on a 7 footer as part of a casual possession. Then earlier, that steal into a stepback three. Just stupidly impressive stuff on both ends.
    Jrue with that steal.

Thread Information