Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sixers are shopping Simmons.

NBA Sixers are shopping Simmons.

High price tag. Do you give up Ingram for him?

God no. Everyone is a bit too gung-ho to get rid of BI (for whatever reason). Dame I get completely. I think Golden State should take a swing at Ben.

Sixers are shopping Simmons.

Lmao what is this even a question?? Yeah I?ll trade Ingram for Ben if they give us Seth Curry, Maxey, Thybulle, and three firsts. Fair deal.

Simmons is a net negative right now.

You never know. Grif likes players that play no defense and can’t shoot.

I want Brogdon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I want Brogdon.
    Agree. Pacers are shopping him . What do we give Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I just wonder how many picks they would demand to go along with. Definitely a better choice than Ben Simmons to pair with Zion and he deserves consideration depending on their asking price. He is more of the ballpark we should be looking at

Agree. Pacers are shopping him . What do we give Pacers?
    Sign and trade Lonzo and a Future protected 1st that's unlikely to convey. So basically Lonzo and some 2nds.

Find another means to dump Bled. Save Kira for a big star trade.

Sign and trade Lonzo and a Future protected 1st that's unlikely to convey. So basically Lonzo and some 2nds.

that would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Lmao what is this even a question?? Yeah I?ll trade Ingram for Ben if they give us Seth Curry, Maxey, Thybulle, and three firsts. Fair deal.

Simmons is a net negative right now.
    I was told on this forum that Simmons is 3 times better than Lonzo but I wouldn't trade Lonzo for him

Cool idea. However Zo has to agree to these terms. We haven't heard anything about Zo's camp wanting Indiana. All we know so far, Zo would love to be back, his camp wanting the Bulls, or his father wanting the Knicks.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Ben Simmons is worth a lot. The PELS defense was HORRIBLE this season and Simmons would solve a lot of problems on defense. Get Fred Vinson to work with him on shooting and make other moves to add shooters.

I would trade Lonzo, Adams, and 2 future 1sts for Simmons. I would draft Keon Johnson at 10 if he?s available. If not, I would trade down and draft Kispert.

I would also trade for Kevin Love. Send Hart and Bledsoe to Cavs. Send a future pick if needed.

Pg: Simmons
    SG: NAW
    SF: BI,
    PF: Zion
    C: Love

Also, Vinson should help Zion develop a 3 point shot.

We need at least 5-6 guys who can shoot 3s well.
    BI, NAW, Love, Kispert, Kira won?t be enough. So we have to really do something about 3 point shooting.

But the defense was so bad I can?t take another season of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take Ben Simmons in a heartbeat. Still ten times more consistent than anybody else on this team outside of Zion
    I'm a grinder

It all depends on the cost. If you bring in Simmons then you need to desperately add more shooting. As great as Vinson is at fixing shooting I'm not sure if he can fix Simmons (I believe it is all mental for Simmons and even stems back to his LSU days). All would absolutely take Simmons though as long as it does not completely deplete the war chest or giving them BI.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    I would take Ben Simmons in a heartbeat. Still ten times more consistent than anybody else on this team outside of Zion
    Good news is what the Sixers are asking for reeks of what we have starting with Ingram.

I want Brogdon.

same here. how do people even propose ben simmons AND zion williams teaming up to form the freaggin Brick Brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    same here. how do people even propose ben simmons AND zion williams teaming up to form the freaggin Brick Brothers?
    Havent you heard? We have the greatest shooting coach of all time in Fred Vinson. He will fix them both. Have faith!
    @mcnamara247

I still thinks Simmons is a very good player. Is lazy and can?t shoot but he is a net positive, but as others have said him and Zion are about as terrible a fit as possible

Brogdon however is a fantastic fit.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I still thinks Simmons is a very good player. Is lazy and can?t shoot but he is a net positive, but as others have said him and Zion are about as terrible a fit as possible

Brogdon however is a fantastic fit.
    I can agree. However I keep seeing one sided trades for Brogdon. Pacers ain't gonna take any deal with Bledsoe for Brogdon. Their GM isn't trading backwards from where they are now.

If Lonzo's camp is cool with Indiana, then we can see.

OR we can talk bout a certain rumor that was said once about the heat potentially wanting Zo for Duncan Robinson at the trade deadline. Lots of things to see about this off-season.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 07-06-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Havent you heard? We have the greatest shooting coach of all time in Fred Vinson. He will fix them both. Have faith!
    "The duo has a practice routine in which they shoot set shots from seven different spots on the court. They have to make 10 shots from each spot before moving on to the next junction. If they miss two in a row, the shot count starts over. After that, they work on different scenarios -- getting to the corner, dribble handoffs, etc. -- while observing the same count."

That's his practice routine with just Lonzo.. and this is after the normal full-team practice.

How much time do you guys think this man has?

Also, if he gets promoted to head coach and has to start worrying about matchups, lineups, etc., I can't see him spending as much time working with individual players like he does now.

Now go take a vacation or something like that.

you are probably being sarcastic here but people shouldn't give all the credit for Lonzo improving his shot to Vinson. I would think Lonzo had something to do with it as well

I seriously doubt Simmons would improve his shot as Lonzo did. I really don't want Simmons here

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    you are probably being sarcastic here but people shouldn't give all the credit for Lonzo improving his shot to Vinson. I would think Lonzo had something to do with it as well

I seriously doubt Simmons would improve his shot as Lonzo did. I really don't want Simmons here
    No man Vinson is God. Even SVG endorsed him as HC.

No man Vinson is God. Even SVG endorsed him as HC.
    Then we don’t need Simmons as we have Didi

Thread Information