Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TBW: Lee and Green finalist for HC

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Like I said, I would love to see the universe where AD doesnt get hurt and Suns lose in the first round. I just cant imagine Green is a finalist, nor is he being championed by some Pels fans, but we are not in that universe, we are in this one
    So do you think the only reason the Pels are looking at him is because that did not happen?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If he's the guy, I'll accept it and hope for the best. If it's Charles Lee, I'll accept it and hope for the best.

It needs to be announced soon so we can move forward . If it’s Green I’m happy. If it’s whoever this guy(Buds Wallstreet coach) fine. Get the guy in so we can mend feelings that may have been hurt Zion, Ingram etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So do you think the only reason the Pels are looking at him is because that did not happen?
    He was on their short list from the begininng. What I cant know is if he moved up because of the Suns success.

But as I always say - it isnt as much about the HC as it is the overall staff. He will be as successful as the guys (and gals) around him on that staff and the roster he has. I am not nearly as interested in the HC hire as the Lead Assistant hire. Have to get a veteran, ex coach. Mike Brown, Sam Mitchell, Mo Cheeks, Brett Brown, etc
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It needs to be announced soon so we can move forward . If it’s Green I’m happy. If it’s whoever this guy(Buds Wallstreet coach) fine. Get the guy in so we can mend feelings that may have been hurt Zion, Ingram etc.
    They will have been made aware who the coach is. Announcement is being delayed due to finals.

Like I said, I would love to see the universe where AD doesnt get hurt and Suns lose in the first round. I just cant imagine Green is a finalist, nor is he being championed by some Pels fans, but we are not in that universe, we are in this one
    You can't mention AD getting hurt while ignoring CP3 getting hurt that series as well. Lakers still lose the series if both don't get hurt IMO. The series was already on it's way to being tied at 2-2 before AD got hurt in game 4, and this was with a one armed CP3.

That being said, I don't think this makes Green a better or worse coach. It's still a players' league anyway. You can't win without elite talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post
    You can't mention AD getting hurt while ignoring CP3 getting hurt that series as well. Lakers still lose the series if both don't get hurt IMO. The series was already on it's way to being tied at 2-2 before AD got hurt in game 4, and this was with a one armed CP3.

That being said, I don't think this makes Green a better or worse coach. It's still a players' league anyway. You can't win without elite talent.

Yeah he forgot CP3 got hurt and also was in COVID protocol in Clippers series. His theory failed and showed his bias.

The bright side to Lee is that he is good friends with Bledsoe. Maybe he can fix him. Maybe he gets another extension because nobody else wants him. So there is that. Be careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post

I disagree. I think fully healthy Lakers beat fully healthy Suns. We will never know but its at least possible, therefore that universe exists and I am curious what happens in that very real, very possible universe

I disagree. I think fully healthy Lakers beat fully healthy Suns. We will never know but its at least possible, therefore that universe exists and I am curious what happens in that very real, very possible universe
    Take your theory to the LakerNation forum. At least they may care.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    The Lakers would have won the series. The Suns path was unlike anything I?ve ever seen in terms of key injuries on opposing teams.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    The Lakers would have won the series. The Suns path was unlike anything I?ve ever seen in terms of key injuries on opposing teams.
    Some people are just looking for ways to hate on the Suns success. Haters going to hate. You can say the Lakers would have won if Davis was not damaged goods. You can also say Lebron James can’t carry a team by himself anymore. Enough of that. If you feel sorry for the Lakers go to the LakerNation forums.

At least Italy won in Eurocup.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-12-2021 at 12:10 AM.

In an alternate universe if Scott Foster officiated every Suns game we would not be talking about Willie Green . Feel better Michael?

Disagreeing doesn't matter considering that it's opinion at this point. You still completely ignore that CP3 was injured that series as well.

The Lakers were terrible late in the year even with a healthy LeBron and AD because the rest of that roster was atrocious. They only won games 2 and 3 because of a one armed CP3 (he only had 6/5/3 in game 2 and 7/6/5 in game 3 on 13 total shots combined). AD going down in the 3rd of game 4 makes people forget they were already losing when he got hurt.

AD being out of game 5 maybe helped the Suns get the win, but winning by 30? A championship team with their 2nd best player out still losing by 30 to a team that supposedly should be getting knocked out of the first round of the playoffs? Come on.
    Last edited by bradael; 07-12-2021 at 12:47 AM.

The Suns were winning in game 1 when everyone was healthy, and the Suns were winning game 4 when presumably everyone was back to 100%. It's that simple.

I personally believe the Lakers nearly lucked out and won the series because the Suns' best player was injured, not the other way around.

People can say what they want about the Clippers' series as well. That's fine. I think the Clippers played far better than the Lakers. CP3 had Covid and Booker played with a broken nose. So you can't ignore that they had injuries in that series too despite Kawhi being out. The Suns should get credit. They're being treated the same way that the Warriors in 2015 and Raptors in 2019 were.
    Last edited by bradael; 07-12-2021 at 01:02 AM.

Saying "if Anthony Davis was healthy" is akin to saying "if Ben Simmons hit his 3s". With AD, injuries are a part of his game. It's also something we say every NBA postseason.

"If Steph was healthy"

"If KD were healthy"

"If CP3 didn't get injured" 12 seasons in a row.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Some people are just looking for ways to hate on the Suns success. Haters going to hate. You can say the Lakers would have won if Davis was not damaged goods. You can also say Lebron James can’t carry a team by himself anymore. Enough of that. If you feel sorry for the Lakers go to the LakerNation forums.
    For real.

Every single championship team I can remember has had luck on their side at some point in their run.

Lakers last year faced a Heat team with injuries to Bam, Dragic, and Butler.
    Year before, Raptors faced a Warriors team without Durant and eventually without Klay also.

Warriors famously won a year in which they didn't face a single healthy starting point guard on an opponent's team, culminating in them winning the championship over a Kyrie-less, Love-less Cavs roster.

Pick any championship team you want and you can find a moment where they, at some point, could be called lucky. Happens to every team, every year, every playoffs. That's part of the game: you play the team in front of you. That's it. Pointing out that ''oh well, X championship contender played a team missing a key guy'' in any given year is akin to pointing out that the sky is blue or that grass is green. Like, yes, well done. You have noticed an incredibly obvious and common fact.
    Basketball.

Also yeah, the fact that people are just forgetting the injuries that the Suns have had is absurd.

CP3 played half of the first round with one arm, has torn ligaments in his hand, and missed several games with COVID protocols. Devin Booker broke his nose. Dario Saric tore his ACL. Get real, people.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I hope y’all realize that it’s possible to think the Suns aren’t the best team in the league, and yet still like them. It’s not “hating” to point out that they have been blessed with uncommon luck. 13-3, are you older than 18? I seriously wonder sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I hope y’all realize that it’s possible to think the Suns aren’t the best team in the league, and yet still like them. It’s not “hating” to point out that they have been blessed with uncommon luck. 13-3, are you older than 18? I seriously wonder sometimes
    People do not know how to parse nuance. If you say the Suns could have or would have lost to a fully healthy Lakers or Clippers team, you are a "hater" and dont respect the Suns. And somehow you also dont know that other teams caught breaks in the past too.

Neither is true, but that is how simple minds take it. Do I believe the Suns were/are the best team in the league if all teams are healthy? No. Do they "deserve" to win a title? Is it a legit title? Yes and yes.

See how multiple things can be true?
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 07-12-2021 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Saying "if Anthony Davis was healthy" is akin to saying "if Ben Simmons hit his 3s". With AD, injuries are a part of his game. It's also something we say every NBA postseason.

"If Steph was healthy"

"If KD were healthy"

"If CP3 didn't get injured" 12 seasons in a row.

This

People do not know how to parse nuance. If you say the Suns could have or would have lost to a fully healthy Lakers or Clippers team, you are a "hater" and dont respect the Suns. And somehow you also dont know that other teams caught breaks in the past too.

Neither is true, but that is how simple minds take it. Do I believe the Suns were/are the best team in the league if all teams are healthy? No. Do they "deserve" to win a title? Is it a legit title? Yes and yes.

See how multiple things can be true?

If Harden were healthy
    If Durant were healthy
    If Simmons made threes & free throws?

Are the Bucks in Finals? Luigi? How old are you?

WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-12-2021 at 08:18 AM.

My personal opinion is Suns were 3rd or 4th best team in the West if everyone magically stayed healthy (which never happens)

Bucks probably 2nd in the East. But yes, randomness happens and now one of them will win a title and it will be earned and legit. Doesnt mean I now think they were the best team in 2021, but NBA Champion and Best Team arent necessarily the same thing and I am fine with that. Others should be too.

But that was not the point I was making. I was saying how fans let results dictate process. IF the Suns lose in the first round this year and you hear Willie Green is the frontrunner for the HC job a few weeks later, the majority of Pels fans flip their lid. "What has he ever done? He's barely ever been a coach and the Suns team was good in the regular season because of Chris Paul but they flamed out in the first round!!"

Guarantee that is the consensus in the other universe. But because we are in this universe, the same guy is now a good choice because of the results (which are random). Willie Green is who he is regardless of whether CP3 gets hurt and Suns lose or AD gets hurt and Lakers lose. But the results makes people work backward and create a narrative. Happens all the time, this is just one example

My personal opinion is Suns were 3rd or 4th best team in the West if everyone magically stayed healthy (which never happens)

Bucks probably 2nd in the East. But yes, randomness happens and now one of them will win a title and it will be earned and legit. Doesnt mean I now think they were the best team in 2021, but NBA Champion and Best Team arent necessarily the same thing and I am fine with that. Others should be too.

But that was not the point I was making. I was saying how fans let results dictate process. IF the Suns lose in the first round this year and you hear Willie Green is the frontrunner for the HC job a few weeks later, the majority of Pels fans flip their lid. "What has he ever done? He's barely ever been a coach and the Suns team was good in the regular season because of Chris Paul but they flamed out in the first round!!"

Guarantee that is the consensus in the other universe. But because we are in this universe, the same guy is now a good choice because of the results (which are random). Willie Green is who he is regardless of whether CP3 gets hurt and Suns lose or AD gets hurt and Lakers lose. But the results makes people work backward and create a narrative. Happens all the time, this is just one example
    Let me ask you are they better names ? If so why don’t they want to come here?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-12-2021 at 09:36 AM.

Okay I’ll give you a name that gets skipped

Thread Information