Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TBW: Lee and Green finalist for HC

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Perhaps. But end of the day, we know little about what Charles Lee would want. Might be that Bledsoe is better served as a trade asset.
    Yes. Trade ASSET

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    That is true. For example We keep saying it?s junk people will believe it?s junk. Focus on what Bledsoe has done that is positive so far. Last thing we need to do is diminish his value. You brought up a good point.

We will have an Bledsoe appreciation thread after The Finals.
    Well said

Thank you Jake

Are we really gonna take Lee right to the finish line and choose the other coach, twice?

Lee probably waiting to first see if Budenholzer gets fired and he is up for Bucks position

Quote Originally Posted by clark griswald View Post
    Lee probably waiting to first see if Budenholzer gets fired and he is up for Bucks position
    I know that is not what is happening because Carlisle was told after Bucks won round 2 that Bud was coming back. Why he chose Indy.

Lee wants us. He has looked hard for assistants - I know several he has reached out to, including one on the staff he currently works with. Ball in the Pels court, Lee, Vinson, and Green all want the job
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I know that is not what is happening because Carlisle was told after Bucks won round 2 that Bud was coming back. Why he chose Indy.

Lee wants us. He has looked hard for assistants - I know several he has reached out to, including one on the staff he currently works with. Ball in the Pels court, Lee, Vinson, and Green all want the job
    That's not a terrible list to choose from... none of them have any skins as HC, but it'll ultimately be on Griff (and Langdon) to give the new HC something to work with.

I just hope Griff sees the light now and realizes you can't win in today's game without guys that can SHOOT. He said as much in his presser after the season ended, but his moves will tell us if he truly believes it.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 07-09-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Any interesting assistants for any of the guys that you have heard (particularly some with head coaching experience)?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Any interesting assistants for any of the guys that you have heard (particularly some with head coaching experience)?
    One, but he likely wont come because he was/is close with SVG.

Green has talked to J Collins, but he doesnt have any HC experience. The three guys I know Lee has talked to - none of them have HC experience. Pickings there are kind of slim. Brett Brown makes some sense. Sam Mitchell wants to get back into coaching. Maybe Mike Brown can be had if you write him a huge check. But pickins are slim

Maybe Green can bring CP3
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    Maybe Green can bring CP3
    That is the plan.

Corey Vinson yes that is Fred Vinson ‘s son could be coming along too. Don’t shoot the messenger . Just reading off another message board.
    https://twitter.com/coreyvinson

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Corey Vinson yes that is Fred Vinson ?s son could be coming along too. Don?t shoot the messenger . Just reading off another message board.
    https://twitter.com/coreyvinson
    Well, Griff always said he wants to promote a family atmosphere here in New Orleans.

It's a bit trippy, are we waiting to see which team wins the finals before deciding on Lee or Green? Is this a Gentry 2.0 move? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    It's a bit trippy, are we waiting to see which team wins the finals before deciding on Lee or Green? Is this a Gentry 2.0 move? Lol
    Well Monty 2.0 is doing pretty well. Don’t you think?

One step closer I guess.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Crazy how it feels like he surged out of nowhere. I didn't even know he was a coach a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Crazy how it feels like he surged out of nowhere. I didn't even know he was a coach a month ago.
    Like I said, I would love to see the universe where AD doesnt get hurt and Suns lose in the first round. I just cant imagine Green is a finalist, nor is he being championed by some Pels fans, but we are not in that universe, we are in this one

Like I said, I would love to see the universe where AD doesnt get hurt and Suns lose in the first round. I just cant imagine Green is a finalist, nor is he being championed by some Pels fans, but we are not in that universe, we are in this one
    In your opinion, do you think he could be a viable coach?

Sorry if you've previously stated your analysis, I'm not looking through all these threads for that lol

Sucks to be wrong?

Guessing this 2 champions won in GS as assistant would not have happened in alternative reality either?

Thread Information