Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TBW: Lee and Green finalist for HC

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Hahaha. Okay I’ll play along too. I’m sure Loomis and the Archbishop are on the panel. The higher power will determine our new coach.
    Honestly, I’ve heard of worse ideas. The only way this team is 3 players shy of a title team are if those players are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I have inside information that Willie Green thinks Yogi Bear is a “pretty good” movie. His judgement cannot be trusted. He will lead us to desolation and ruin. Or a fresh picnic basket.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Honestly, I’ve heard of worse ideas. The only way this team is 3 players shy of a title team are if those players are the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
    Alvin Kamara on the committee? If so he was courtside at one of the Hawks games last week . Maybe it is Nate? Nate has yet to get a long term contract from Atlanta.

Jrue Holiday right now collecting his bonuses today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JTzEppKy8

Don?t go by what MM is saying . This is much more logical . SHAMIT EVEN RETWEETED IT

So Shamit retweeting makes it credible?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So Shamit retweeting makes it credible?
    You throwing Shamit under the bus now?

Don?t go by what MM is saying . This is much more logical . SHAMIT EVEN RETWEETED IT

Wow you're stubborn.

You don't have to prove you're right all the time. It's ok to take the L this time...two Ls for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    Wow you're stubborn.

You don't have to prove you're right all the time. It's ok to take the L this time...two Ls for that matter.
    Thanks Griff.

It is what it is. We will just have to deal with who is hired. On that note look at how Boston hired their coach with PLAYER INPUT! Imagine that!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The players supporting him is icing. Lagniappe. Nothing matters until games get played. Lose and it won't matter how many players like him before they signed him.

So, instead of answering the question, you deflect again and add nothing again.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, instead of answering the question, you deflect again and add nothing again.
    Waiting for the Pelicans press release saying it’s false.

Why do you hate Fletch so much? Do he steal your lunch or something?

It is what it is. The question will be will Zion accept it? Lee or Green or Mark Jackson (Yeah his name came up again), or Dantoni, or Master P etc.

While I’m at it Congrats to Master P’s son. Maybe one day he will be a future Pelican.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-05-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Waiting for the Pelicans press release saying it’s false.

It is what it is. The question will be will Zion accept it? Lee or Green or Mark Jackson (Yeah his name came up again), or Dantoni, or Master P etc.

While I’m at it Congrats to Master P’s son. Maybe one day he will be a future Pelican.
    Dude, you need a couple of days away from social media and Pels report I think.

Thanks Griff.

More sh!tposts pls

You haven't done anywhere near enough lately

Front page of TP

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...55ce1f918.html

Over the last five years, Green has apprenticed under two of the game’s best head coaches, Steve Kerr and Monty Williams. He won two titles and went to three championships when he was with the Golden State Warriors. Now, in his second season as the Suns’ associate head coach, he has a chance to win a third.

Green’s playing background also makes him an attractive candidate. A second-round pick in 2003, he lasted 12 years in the NBA. In 2010, he joined the Hornets in what was Williams’ first and Paul’s last years with the team.

Lee never played in the NBA, but he was a college star at Bucknell who had a brief professional career in Europe. He then spent two years as an equities trader on Wall Street before getting into coaching. Mike Budenholzer gave Lee his start in the NBA. Budenzholer brought Lee aboard with the Atlanta Hawks then took Lee with him when he went to the Milwaukee Bucks.

Going with either Green or Lee would mean selecting a first-time head coach at a critical juncture. The Pelicans have finished in 13th and 11th place in the Western Conference since drafting Zion Williamson No. 1 overall. The team’s next head coach will deal with pressure to guide New Orleans to the postseason right away.

This year’s Finals are flush with former Pelicans. With Green and Lee involved, it looks likely that future Pelicans will be a part of it, too.
    Some guy that can win his 3rd title over some guy from Wall Street. The bright side to Lee as he probably can do some good swaps&trades. Maybe he needs to be in front office too.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-05-2021 at 09:55 AM.

Well I think it is a forgone conclusion that the Pels have their new coach, and are waiting until he is available.

The way I see it, is that it is a given that coach is on the staff of either the Bucks or Suns.

The search is over, now we just have to wait until the finals are over to find out who. I think it is Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    Well I think it is a forgone conclusion that the Pels have their new coach, and are waiting until he is available.

The way I see it, is that it is a given that coach is on the staff of either the Bucks or Suns.

The search is over, now we just have to wait until the finals are over to find out who. I think it is Lee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Would make sense. Hard to announce either when they are still playing games.

It very well could be Lee. I’m sure the Benson corporation loved that he has a Wall Street background. It might be him. We shall see.

It will be Green

What does having a Wall Street background do with the NBA.

So he can be a snake oil salesman like Griff?

Don't hate him. Just going on his track record and knowing how he does his research.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Would make sense. Hard to announce either when they are still playing games.
    You mean like we did with Gentry or the Blazers just did with Billups?

This theory is incorrect. They dont have their guy yet
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information