Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SVG INERVIEW ON ESPN RADIO

SVG INERVIEW ON ESPN RADIO

Griff is an idiot.

The people who last month said “you need to give SVG time.” And this week are saying “you have to trust Griff.” Can miss me with that horse kaka.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 07-02-2021 at 02:11 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Is this "inerview" different than the one he gave earlier? Recap?

The Gm, Vice president, and all coaches have to be in alignment with almost EVERYTHING. How the hell are we "not on the same page"???? Griff WTF???? Did that Point Zion BS skew your thought process? Griff is on thin ice with this BS...

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    The Gm, Vice president, and all coaches have to be in alignment with almost EVERYTHING. How the hell are we "not on the same page"???? Griff WTF???? Did that Point Zion BS skew your thought process? Griff is on thin ice with this BS...
    I agree Griff is on thin ice. However, how do you know it was not SVG that was not on the same page?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I agree Griff is on thin ice. However, how do you know it was not SVG that was not on the same page?
    Oh I been knew this, once he states playing bled more than NAW. But man he can't screw this up twice..... Right?

Lol read your question wrong.... Hold up.

Let me know when Griff is gone. I hope he doesn't fall backwards into a "successful" 8th seed run to keep his job alive.

Griff hired a vet coach to work with young players. And he is surprised he didn't like young teams. Stupid crap. I will admit tho... SVG did get some great development out of our young guys, but he never was the right guy.
    Last edited by Taker597; 07-02-2021 at 03:30 PM.

ESPN has it posted up now. Front page right now

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ything-do-exit

Starter
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by HorneyTexan View Post
    Bingo!
    Fire them both saves the argument

JJ says you can’t trust this front office
    Ron Jeremy says there is miscommunication on this team
    Perk says Griff isn’t a fair dealer

These guys are all faces in the media, but they all share issues with the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Where's the wonderful human being?

Not unusual that there are two sides to a story. What exactly is that proving?

The only glaring thing is why David Griffin needed to do press conference about firing him in the 1st place.. When do we need media attention for such a black eye failure.

That looking good in glasses is probably Griff’s only strong suit. Lol.

But seriously, I feel bad for fellow fans. We are in a lake kaka, and we don’t have a paddle.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I’d love to see the headline David Griffin fires himself one day. Just to laugh so something good can from this.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Let me know when Griff is gone. I hope he doesn't fall backwards into a "successful" 8th seed run to keep his job alive.

Griff hired a vet coach to work with young players. And he is surprised he didn't like young teams. Stupid crap. I will admit tho... SVG did get some great development out of our young guys, but he never was the right guy.
    Maybe he was surprised because he felt the "synergy" and from a philosophical standpoint they connected to create and underlying structure that maintain stability and trust as family. They were both all the way in, but due to philosophical differences, SVG was all the way out.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    I’d love to see the headline David Griffin fires himself one day. Just to laugh so something good can from this.
    The moment Gayla fire him. He'll be on 10 different podcast throughing the franchise under the bus and not taking any blame in all the bad decisions he's made...

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The moment Gayla fire him. He'll be on 10 different podcast throughing the franchise under the bus and not taking any blame in all the bad decisions he's made...
    Griffin is a salesman that can’t deliver the product he advertised. He is not somebody I would trust to make decisions for an NBA basketball team. He did a good job getting assets for AD. He got us all excited with ‘win now with youth’ and hyped Zion and co up to the skies. When ish hit the fan, he hid. Hardly a leader- and terrible at PR for that matter

He was quite frankly a terrible hire. But part of that does lie on ownership. Gayle would only hire whoever kept Gentry. Gayle was very likely pushing Griff to win now. Griff was the salesman- Gayle maybe a bit too ambitious too early

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Maybe he was surprised because he felt the "synergy" and from a philosophical standpoint they connected to create and underlying structure that maintain stability and trust as family. They were both all the way in, but due to philosophical differences, SVG was all the way out.
    What philosophy and stability... Griff tell you these big empty words with no meaning behind them. Should I trust the philosophy that thought signing a dinosaur shooter, getting an old unrelatable coach, trading for an undersized back up center, getting Eric Bledsoe, and trading back for development role players instead of getting the best player possible is some sort of good philosophy?

If you telling to pick sides of SVG or Griff... I'd pick neither.

I'm willing to let the off-season and season play out before jumping off a cliff. It's not too late, nor totally unrealistic for Griff to turn this around. Talk to me mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    I'm willing to let the off-season and season play out before jumping off a cliff. It's not too late, nor totally unrealistic for Griff to turn this around. Talk to me mid-season.
    So you think it will be a 6 month turnaround? Like snap of fingers.

So you think it will be a 6 month turnaround? Like snap of fingers.
    We don't need to make the finals for it to be a successful step in building our team. We have the assets, just need the opportunity to use them and make the right decisions.

I don't understand why you even bother. It seems everything is just upsetting for you and nothing can go right no matter what.

Thread Information