Pelicans Report

Thread: Kevin Love?

Rumor Kevin Love?

Griff smokescreen or is this the best we can do

Based on my experience reading speculative tweets the word ?potential? usually is just that? speculation

Wouldn?t surprise me though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like it... If we get rid of Adams and Bled/Hart. Gives us decent spacing, rebounding, and veteran leadership. low usage player, let's not forget that. Then make 1 or 2 decent/good moves and we'll see. Still, I'd rather go after Kemba imo. I want to take that chance on Kemba but definitely need to unload Bled and Adams.

The 33 year old (by the time the season starts) only played 103 games in the last three years. Add him to Zion and Ingram and the defense just gets worse (if that's possible).

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The 33 year old (by the time the season starts) only played 103 games in the last three years. Add him to Zion and Ingram and the defense just gets worse (if that's possible).
    Agree. I think his body is falling apart. Whenever Love's name appears in trade speculation, the Pels are assumed to be involved due to the Griffin connection.

The "if no stars are available trade" I'd be down for a VARIATION of this. Not these trades exactly but something similar.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

The "if no stars are available trade" I'd be down for a VARIATION of this. Not these trades exactly but something similar.
    I am really unclear on possible expectations from S&T’s of Ball andHart....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

Pels would be taking on an additional nearly $70 million in future money in Love and Buddy. Would the Kings even want Adams? Not sure why we would give up both Ball and Hart simply for exceptions (are neither in plans?). I do like the Porter move though.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    In the past 5 years he's missed something crazy like 45% of possible games. Unless it nets us a talent like Sexton, hard pass.

Why would anybody want Kevin Love? Serious question. Unless he has an expiring contract... both him and his contract are useless because he's going to miss half of the games.

Hell nah.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

My mind changed. If we can get rid of Bledsoe and Adams and I may take Love. Grif can put his car salesman pitch to good use here on his old team.

pass
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Also pass. He has too large a contract to fill the need of a bench stretch 4. I?d rather use the full MLE on Markkanen to fill that role.

Kevin Love would be a nightmare acquisition. We have about 70 million of cap we're trying to trade off the books. Adding the worst contract in basketball (60 million in next 2 years for a guy who doesn't like basketball anymore) would be doing Cleveland a favor. I really hope not. I'm hoping we can move Bledsoe just to get him off our books and off the team. I'm hoping we can get something good for Lonzo and Hart. After the 35 million Adams extension, I'm not hoping for another 60 of problem money.

Thread Information