Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lottery Tonight

Lottery Tonight

Didn?t see a thread. I?m gonna be watching it tonight so figured I?d post in here when it goes live. If we jump into the top 4 it?s gonna play a giant role in who we get via trade like Mac said.

Personally if it?s top 3 I wouldn?t trade the pick and take one of Cade, Mobley, and Green

Hoping to log back in here at 8pm and see a 25+ page lottery thread.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I mean. I like being so low on the totem this time. We'll know relatively quickly if we need to be hyped or not.

Fingers crossed for a top 3 pick!!!

Inb4 14th

Well if they don't get called at 11, 10 or 9....its top 4.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Well if they don't get called at 11, 10 or 9....its top 4.
    We can’t pick 9th. If we aren’t called by ten, start throwing stuff in the air

Surprised the loquacious one hasn't spoken today.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Good. People need to know this. We can't assume it's common knowledge. Even though it should be.

But whatever.

jalengreenjalengreenjalengreenjalengreenjalengreen jalengreen

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Yup

I'm all prepared for this....complete non-move to 10th.

M.M says we are trading the pick so don’t get to excited

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    M.M says we are trading the pick so don’t get to excited
    Assuming we don't win the top pick. But frankly, way I see it, we get into the top 4, the chances we get a really good player back dramatically increases. So it's still a reason to get excited.

I hope we draft Sabonis with 10th

It would be so sick to get a top 4 pick in this draft. I think the top 5 guys could all be number one picks most years. I would take anyone of them. Cade would hopefully replace Lonzo at the point and be our version of Luka. Green would be a sweet scoring Devin Booker type of 2 guard. Suggs would also replace Lonzo to run the point day one. Cade & Suggs could play off ball if we keep Kira and he’s as good as I think he will be. Having a backcourt of Kira & one of them would be sick since you have two players that can run the point. Mobley is the new center prototype to a T that can shoot it from deep. Kuminga could help our horrid defense on the wing.

1. Cade - looks to be special and likely going to be a star from day one. Luka?
    2. Green - almost have him over Cade. I think he will be Star like Booker. I would argue 2 guard is our biggest need.
    3. Suggs - going to be a helluva point guard. Kind of reminds me of Derrick Rose.
    4. Mobley - a 7 footer that not only block shots & rebound, but can stretch the floor with his outside shot. Chris Bosh?
    5. Kuminga - your prototype small forward with huge potential on the defensive end. Pascal Siakam, Jaylen Brown combo?

That would be my ranking for OUR team. I would almost put Kuminga over Mobley since we don’t really need a big with Zion & Jax, but Mobley has the chance to be special compared to Jax.

Can't wait when we are not a lottery team so I won't have to be so terrified to the lead up
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    It would be so sick to get a top 4 pick in this draft. I think the top 5 guys could all be number one picks most years. I would take anyone of them. Cade would hopefully replace Lonzo at the point and be our version of Luka. Green would be a sweet scoring Devin Booker type of 2 guard. Suggs would also replace Lonzo to run the point day one. Cade & Suggs could play off ball if we keep Kira and he’s as good as I think he will be. Having a backcourt of Kira & one of them would be sick since you have two players that can run the point. Mobley is the new center prototype to a T that can shoot it from deep. Kuminga could help our horrid defense on the wing.

1. Cade - looks to be special and likely going to be a star from day one. Luka?
    2. Green - almost have him over Cade. I think he will be Star like Booker. I would argue 2 guard is our biggest need.
    3. Suggs - going to be a helluva point guard. Kind of reminds me of Derrick Rose.
    4. Mobley - a 7 footer that not only block shots & rebound, but can stretch the floor with his outside shot. Chris Bosh?
    5. Kuminga - your prototype small forward with huge potential on the defensive end. Pascal Siakam, Jaylen Brown combo?

That would be my ranking for OUR team. I would almost put Kuminga over Mobley since we don’t really need a big with Zion & Jax, but Mobley has the chance to be special compared to Jax.
    You're too invested in something that's a 20% chance of happening. Disappointment incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Assuming we don't win the top pick. But frankly, way I see it, we get into the top 4, the chances we get a really good player back dramatically increases. So it's still a reason to get excited.
    Correct - the way I am thinking about the lotto is:

#1 - We get Cade
    #2 - We have added the equivalent of 4 good 1sts to our war chest
    #3 - We have added the equivalent of 3 good 1sts to our war chest
    #4 - We have added the equivalent of 2 good 1sts to our war chest

*versus just staying at #10

So, if OG costs #10 and two firsts..... he would now cost just #4 if we got that lucky. Or, if we got #2, we'd probably even get something back with him for that pick.

Moving up means more picks is the easiest way to see it IMO
    @mcnamara247

Boy the Davion train has completely left the station. Just trade 10 please.

Number 10 it is

Alright. We pick 10th. Everybody chill.

Unsurprised

Lolollol

Wowww bulls pick should be ours

Thread Information