Pelicans Report

Thread: Pels Most Likely to Seek Relocation

Rumor Pels Most Likely to Seek Relocation

When there?s smoke their is fire.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eek-relocation
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I read it when it popped up on my phone. The Cliff's notes version is Gayle is losing money while finishing in the lottery every year, and the Pels lease is up in 2024.

Its a pure speculation piece but has valid points to why it COULD happen. But all their doing now is dumping on the team now with the coaching change and all. I expected a lot of hit pieces to come out and just as I figured... here we are.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is a misleading thread title. Even with it saying Rumor.

Basically a hit piece taking advantage of the chaos per usual. Nothing to see

So if this is rumorville, propaganda, hit piece media nonsense, then why not that same energy about the Zion's family stuff?

If you want to inhale the smoke from that, then you should take in the smoke from this too.

This actually makes more logical sense than the Zion stuff does.

This is the way I think of it. in 2012 Mr. Benson purchased the pelicans for 300 million dollars. The team annual net revenue is about 200 million. Gayle Benson is worth about 3.5 billion dollars...she also loves the Pelicans and looks at the team as if it is for the City which she just oversees for it. Its going to take a whole hell of a lot to rip the Pelicans away from New Orleans.

Anyway, Im sure those New York city boys are trying everything they can to convince Zion he should just leave and head that way. Good Luck.
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 06-17-2021 at 07:04 PM.

This is false. Gayle has already said she has zero intentions to sell, and the lease is currently being renegotiated, on top of renovations being planned after the Superdome being done.

It is what it is. I don’t know to believe it or not believe it? What are the STH numbers?

Looks like Fletch took care of it. Move along nothing to see

I called into a Houston radio program today to dispel the rumor that the Benson family is still squabbling over ownership of the Saints and Pels. There is a lot of disinformation being passed around out there.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What? A Bleacherreport article is smoke? I thought you would know better than that given Gayle is the owner and has stated many times she is not selling or moving team. Also, they are not consistently losing money.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What? A Bleacherreport article is smoke? I thought you would know better than that given Gayle is the owner and has stated many times she is not selling or moving team. Also, they are not consistently losing money.
    The source of that is Hollinger at The Athletic. B/R just rehashing it. All this news this week has come from that one pay wall with no receipts.

Oddly enough ESPN hasn't really touched either story except some goofy segment on "Zion to the Knicks?"

And just heard some goofy jokes about a dysfunctional family headed to Seattle on the NBA xm radio channel.

Will be interesting if Griff gives any of it the time of day next Tuesday.

Basketball Guru
    i think this one should go in the dumps

Jefferson Parish would not be that bad if they really wanted to move the team. Convert that rugby baseball stadium into an arena. Plenty of parking for tailgating. It would be right next door to practice facilities too.

Thread Information