Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Zion's family wants Zion traded

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Zion only wants to win... his family probably wants out of New Orleans, but its not up to THEM. The media has begun their "get Zion to New York" campaign, so be prepared to see a bunch of other articles slamming the front office. Don't let all of this crap make you turn on Zion. The one thing that Zion can do is tell his family to STFU, since their eating off him.
    I do think part of this is being created by the media, as usual. If the family is not happy, they should handle it the appropriate way, by meeting with upper management or heck, even Gayle. I am sure Gayle would love to talk to them and hear them out. If they are already running to the media, they have zero patience and never had any intention of him staying here.

I am getting the feel that Griffin needs to go.

If I'm Gayle, I would muzzle Griffin and require that al personnel moves (player and staff) require her approval. Desperate people perform in desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Oh, NOW this is more than just speculation....
    Talk your ******** man. Lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If this is already the beginning of the end, this is some ol’ bull********, btw. You have two seasons after being a lottery team to become a playoff contender. Unless you’re a big market or something. I’m sure then there’s all the patience in the world available.

Two seasons he didn’t even play all of. And wasn’t in shape for half of those games too.

MAC, what can Zion bring back if offered in a trade? In the end, that probably will be his best use to the Pelicans.

Now that our star player is frustrated at us, it's about that time again that Adam Silver gives us the 1st pick in this draft again

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    MAC, what can Zion bring back if offered in a trade? In the end, that probably will be his best use to the Pelicans.
    Thinking it through, this would be the equivalent of Shaq leaving Orlando for LA (probably bigger given the level of player, and how cheap his contract is).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Now that our star player is frustrated at us, it's about that time again that Adam Silver gives us the 1st pick in this draft again
    I’d settle for 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Thinking it through, this would be the equivalent of Shaq leaving Orlando for LA (probably bigger given the level of player, and how cheap his contract is).
    Or Lew Alcinder forcing his way out of Milwaukee after an NBA Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If this is already the beginning of the end, this is some ol? bull********, btw. You have two seasons after being a lottery team to become a playoff contender. Unless you?re a big market or something. I?m sure then there?s all the patience in the world available.

Two seasons he didn?t even play all of. And wasn?t in shape for half of those games too.
    Microwave society bro everybody wants everything NOW. Its not like he wasn't on the court when the team repeatedly blew big leads...

[sarcasmoff]

Knicks offering us Randle back? Perhaps we should of never got rid of him and drafted Morant?

Like I said, expect a bunch of moves to be made this off-season.

And expect our pick to be traded along with multiple others picks, unless our pick winds up being top 4

Guess it could be worse. Everyone quiting on Cuban in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Guess it could be worse. Everyone quiting on Cuban in Dallas.
    As much as we talk about our front office... the Mavs are in a real life dumpster fire.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

That's another way to look at things, which makes some sense. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    I told people my very first here, Griffin is a problem.

Only because his ego. He wants to run a team where HE gets the credit.

All the sustainable winning stuff is code word for ?look at how I built it more than the current day results?.

The issue is it?s not going down like that in today?s NBA.

This is easy fix.

Go out and get as many stars as possible to surround Zion and say who cares about the future. It?s not promised in today?s NBA. Win now!
    ding ding ding ding ding. Griff is a glory hog and that's exactly why he prickled at the suggestion that their is a clock on Zion's departure and that the players should be involved in the coaching hire process. All that nonsense about "sustainability" and building "organically" is just his way of drawing attention to himself and setting himself up for all the credit in the event things go well. This dude is a megalomaniac who literally whined about winning a chip with LeBron because he couldn't do it "his" way. He's a poison to this Org and he needs to go, FAST.

I have been off Twitter for the last week, how are the talking heads responding to this?

I hope that Griffin doesn't drop to his knees, open up, and start panic buying others' trash.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I hope that Griffin doesn't drop to his knees, open up, and start panic buying others' trash.
    That is a very realistic concern.

Basketball Guru
    my math might be wrong and i may be wrong but im sure someone will correct me..so gayle paid gentry,,van gundy and now a 3rd coach under griff and depending on the years the new coach get, gayle would be paying around close to 30mil for for 3 coaches in 5 or 6 years.....this fall on griff...hiring van gundy to coach these young guys was a mistake because these younguns today cant take old school ways....

when bledsoe didnt foul in that game said it all that it seem like the players were blocking out the coach and a move had to be made....

then we have soft players who dont want to play defense but want to call shots lol....

maybe gayle need to make some calls and get some input from good people around the league and put the handcuffs on griff before he make another move lol...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That is a very realistic concern.
    It's my biggest worry

It’s so hard to be a fan of this team. One of my biggest concerns with Zion is that he’d come to the conclusion that being on the Pelicans was hurting his brand. And I think Zion is very brand conscious. Perhaps it would be better to panic and trade him and just go all in on Brandon Ingram. I really don’t think BI and Zion make a good pairing, I was honestly hoping that we would go all in on Zion even if it meant trading BI for someone better suited to play alongside Zion. But this recent “leak” makes me think that Zion’s people are already greasing the wheels to force Zion out. And after the AD fiasco, I really don’t feel like putting up with that again.
    BI at least seems to like playing for NO and being the man on the team.

Farm team drama. It's so ordinary at this point that I wouldn't expect anything less. I hope Griff enjoys his last season. It's boom or bust. I believe it'll be a bust. Should of focused on getting talent the last two seasons or get a coach that'll focus on development.

Or do anything that made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The thing is, this isn?t just ?the NBA markets players over teams, and that?s why small markets can?t win.? Because that isn?t the case here. Small market teams can win and be viable, crap organizations in small markets can?t win because they are poorly run. Zion/AD/CP3/Baron/etc, these guys would be fine if we were winning like Utah, Milwaukee, SA, Denver, etc.
    I agree all that talk about New Orleans being a small market is short sighted at best. Check out the saints right across they street...they are also in New Orleans yeah and players banging down that door to get here. Put together a winning program and all that jibber jabber goes right out the window.

Thread Information