Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Stan Van Gundy Out {merged}

And just like that it is over.

Doug Mouton asked the Zion timeline question

Presser over

Zion won’t have a voice in the head coach because that would be unfair to the guys that will be traded away over the next year.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Zion won’t have a voice in the head coach because that would be unfair to the guys that will be traded away over the next year.
    Yeah he got ticked off on that question. Cue the Zion clock
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-16-2021 at 03:30 PM.

How dare Jen Hale and Doug Mouton ask good questions. I’m depressed they made me fire Stan.

Signed,

David Griffin

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Any reason why Fred Vinson isn't being mentioned? He's done a great job developing some of these guys.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral View Post
    Any reason why Fred Vinson isn't being mentioned? He's done a great job developing some of these guys.

I was just about to ask this. I think he would be great.

Maybe Griff. Was using this presser as a smokescreen. Possibly already has someone in mind. Spoon would be a good hire.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...59167339c.html

Forbes says she's worth $3.4B but Forbes values the Saints at $2.5B and the Pels at $1.35B so that should tell you what they think of the other businesses. Good problems to have, sure, and she could buy and sell Shinn 100 times over.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral View Post

Vinson is a shot doctor. He's not an xs and os guy

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Vinson is a shot doctor. He's not an xs and os guy
    Consider the source on that. Michael McNamara

Actually you can make some great money breaking unbroken horses and reselling them. We have a friend that does it up here in Texas, and her margins would blow your socks off. She is doing well enough where her Orthodontist husband is looking at an early (45 y/o) retirement so he can focus on that.

As for Gayle and her money, she is surrounded by brilliant money managers and attorneys. She pays them well so that they continue helping her build wealth. Remember, she was a business person before she met and married Tom Benson.
    There's plenty of money to be made because there's plenty of insanely rich people spending it...which side of that equation do you think Gayle falls on?

She was an interior decorator...I don't know how well she did, but let's not pretend there's any correlation to what she's doing now. Guessing you don't know how brilliant any of her people are (I don't), but vanity projects like horse racing and the brewery don't exactly inspire total confidence. I'm not saying there's a crisis, she could probably lose $100MM a year for the rest of her life and not notice, but just because she's wealthy doesn't mean every business move she makes is good and all her people are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    And the answer is ?NO?

Straight from his mouth. Says it would not be fair to him or the players.
    So, he still has not learned.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So, he still has not learned.
    When does he ever

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah he got ticked off on that question. Cue the Zion clock
    If that's what makes Zion want to leave, then so be it. Teams bend over backwards for LeBron or Durant. Fine. I hate it, but whatever. They're the exceptions. I'd rather not them do things that way. But Zion has no place demanding or expecting to be included in the search. At the very least, let him know who the hire is before announcing it, but only as a courtesy.

Maybe Griff. Was using this presser as a smokescreen. Possibly already has someone in mind. Spoon would be a good hire.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...59167339c.html
    Would she be the most qualified?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If that's what makes Zion want to leave, then so be it. Teams bend over backwards for LeBron or Durant. Fine. I hate it, but whatever. They're the exceptions. I'd rather not them do things that way. But Zion has no place demanding or expecting to be included in the search. At the very least, let him know who the hire is before announcing it, but only as a courtesy.
    All superstars are involved in those type of moves. Remember Chris Paul demanding that a certain type of coach be hired for the Hornets. It is a players' league.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    There's plenty of money to be made because there's plenty of insanely rich people spending it...which side of that equation do you think Gayle falls on?

She was an interior decorator...I don't know how well she did, but let's not pretend there's any correlation to what she's doing now. Guessing you don't know how brilliant any of her people are (I don't), but vanity projects like horse racing and the brewery don't exactly inspire total confidence. I'm not saying there's a crisis, she could probably lose $100MM a year for the rest of her life and not notice, but just because she's wealthy doesn't mean every business move she makes is good and all her people are smart.
    The brewery is open and hosting events

https://faubourgbrewery.com/

LOL for you saying the horse industry does not generate enough revenue

Everything else you need to know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayle_Benson

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    My sex Ed teacher would be so disappointed with this question.
    Lol my sex ed teacher was a drunk

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    Lol my sex ed teacher was a drunk

A bit shocking to be honest, but if relations were genuinely bad it makes sense. Hopefully we have a decent guy lined up and not another dud because that is a lot of money left on the table.

Would she be the most qualified?
    Depends. If she has strong assistances as coaches it does not matter. See Lue and Nash.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    All superstars are involved in those type of moves. Remember Chris Paul demanding that a certain type of coach be hired for the Hornets. It is a players' league.
    Kept in the loop, fine. But having some kind of say in the decision? I don't approve of that.

It was interesting Griff. Brought up Lue as example during presser.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Kept in the loop, fine. But having some kind of say in the decision? I don't approve of that.
    That is not how the NBA works. It’s a players league now.

Thread Information