Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: All NBA and Zion's Next Contract

Yes, you keep your options open in life.

And then when you get to the summer of 2023 and one option is worth 60 million more than the other option for sure, then you take it
    @mcnamara247

Rookie
    Lol whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's pretty clear you didn't realize that he can still get the super max after he signs the max and rather than just admit to that you're running around in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by socbe7 View Post
    Lol whatever helps you sleep at night.

It's pretty clear you didn't realize that he can still get the super max after he signs the max and rather than just admit to that you're running around in circles.
    Its pretty clear you dont know who I am and I know everything about the CBA and am the only one who informs Pels fans on matters such as this. Good night child

Big time Rose colored glasses here - I'm hoping

1) the new player friendly coach will be even a better sell after SVG and make it even more fun and comfortable for Zion to stay
    2) the media is in a feeding frenzy on us but sometimes bad publicity can be good IF you turn things around. We should be much more fun and less frustrating to watch this year - at the very least NAW will bring energy Bledsoe never had. Even simple Ice water can be the best thing you have tasted if you are thirsty enough. This could be a big year for the fans and all the players in a very positive way.

Even if we foolishly leave something on the table for reasons we are never told, this year we got rid of Bledsoe instead of having to say goodbye to Jrue. We got a reasonably spacing center instead of an injured Adams, and we are not counting on an aging Redick for our 3pt shots. Lady luck can be fickle but we improved this year where it felt like we had taken a step back at this time last year. If last year felt like a D+ this year feels like a C+ or even a B to me so far. We still would like an A but year on year it seems like definite improvement and momentum in the right direction.

Rookie
    Oh man teams must be lining up to hire you then! What are you doing on an internet fan board? You should be taking those talents to a front office near you. No I don't know who you are because you're a nobody. Just a screen name and an avatar like anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Am I the only one hoping we make it further into the playoffs than NY this year to at least somewhat dull the allure of big city lights and reuniting with his Duke buddy?
    You're not the only one. I lurk and don't post alot but I talk about this all the time with my kids. Zion didn't want to be here from the very beginning. I believe he is just a genuinely good guy and wants to win no matter where it is. If the Pels don't go to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs this year, he will be looking to leave. That's just my 2 cents.

I think the good news for us (not that I?m too concerned anyways as I think it?s overblown), but a lot of teams are in transition as of late. Second round of playoffs is certainly attainable for those concerned. Hopefully we reach that goal.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    Big time Rose colored glasses here - I'm hoping

1) the new player friendly coach will be even a better sell after SVG and make it even more fun and comfortable for Zion to stay
    2) the media is in a feeding frenzy on us but sometimes bad publicity can be good IF you turn things around. We should be much more fun and less frustrating to watch this year - at the very least NAW will bring energy Bledsoe never had. Even simple Ice water can be the best thing you have tasted if you are thirsty enough. This could be a big year for the fans and all the players in a very positive way.

Even if we foolishly leave something on the table for reasons we are never told, this year we got rid of Bledsoe instead of having to say goodbye to Jrue. We got a reasonably spacing center instead of an injured Adams, and we are not counting on an aging Redick for our 3pt shots. Lady luck can be fickle but we improved this year where it felt like we had taken a step back at this time last year. If last year felt like a D+ this year feels like a C+ or even a B to me so far. We still would like an A but year on year it seems like definite improvement and momentum in the right direction.
    I don't think you're necessarily looking at it via rose-colored glasses. The points you make are valid. NAW will undoubtedly be better than Bledsoe. Jonas Valanciunas can do all the same things Adams did well, but he's also one of the best scoring traditional big men in the game. He can score in a variety of different ways and the PnR game with BI and JV will prove to be great, consistent offense for us. Graham will shine in his role here with a ton of open looks. This roster has undoubtedly improved over last year, but it remains to be seen how many wins that improvement results in.

Quote Originally Posted by drortego316 View Post
    You're not the only one. I lurk and don't post alot but I talk about this all the time with my kids. Zion didn't want to be here from the very beginning. I believe he is just a genuinely good guy and wants to win no matter where it is. If the Pels don't go to at least the 2nd round of the playoffs this year, he will be looking to leave. That's just my 2 cents.
    I too hold this belief. Simply making the playoffs or at the very least the play-in was acceptable LAST year. This year, we need to make AND advance in the playoffs to quiet the noise surrounding Zion.

Barring injuries, we should be right in the thick of the playoff race come trade deadline and we'll have good trade chips to make a move should an opportunity present itself.

Thread Information