Pelicans Report

Thread: Pacers fire HC after one year

NBA Pacers fire HC after one year

So I guess there is no law that you can ‘t be fired after one year. Straight up fired after on year. Yeah I know it was two days ago still worth the mention.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    So I guess there is no law that you can ‘t be fired after one year. Straight up fired after on year. Yeah I know it was two days ago still worth the mention.
    Yeah, they bit the bullet because the players did not like him. Will Pels do the same if reports of players not being high on SVG are true?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, they bit the bullet because the players did not like him. Will Pels do the same if reports of players not being high on SVG are true?
    That will be a novelty. It would mean that every player on this roster would have had three different coaches in a three year period. Most....four different coaches in a four year period. Some, like Zion and JAX, five different coaches in a five year period (HS Coach, College Coach, Alvin, SVG, ?????).

Talk about stability.
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-11-2021 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    That will be a novelty. It would mean that every player on this roster would have had three different coaches in a three year period. Most....four different coaches in a four year period. Some, like Zion and JAX, five different coaches in a five year period (HS Coach, College Coach, Alvin, SVG, ?????).

Talk about stability.
    “Just win baby”

- Al Davis

“You get great coaches, you get great players “

https://youtube.com/watch?v=8fy8t3HYZp4
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-11-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Unless his reputation in the locker room is really bad and next season is awful, I can’t see it. Truth is Gentry was a lame duck coach who took a season away from whatever hire we could have made. If Stan was in year two and the players absolutely hated him? Maybe. That is a lot of money they are leaving on the table to potentially go out and hire another dud. I assume we will wait until an actual coach shows interest in the job and that probably won’t happen till we start winning. Constantly changing leadership and having bad influences like Bledsoe won’t help. We’ll see if the latter is rectified without Griffin doing something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The Pacers have been a playoff team for five straight seasons and they missed out in the East so I think it is completely justified. We haven’t been a playoff team in a few years.

Thread Information