Pelicans Report

Thread: Is jrue better than bledsoe?

Hall of Famer

Playoffs Is jrue better than bledsoe?

Watching him i just don't see it

Was the long time pelican overrated by fans?

I bet the Bucks want those picks back

Yes, Jrue is much better than Bledsoe! Was Jrue worth the package the Bucks gave up? Probably not.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Lol, can’t decide if this question is serious or not

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post

Assume you have not watched any game other than tonight's?

Im having trouble fiding any NBA PG that is worse than Bledsoe TBH...

Utah crowd all in PG’s head

One is on playoffs the other is not.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Yes, Jrue is much better than Bledsoe! Was Jrue worth the package the Bucks gave up? Probably not.
    Exactly. LOL

Making life uncomfortable for Irving.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If we hadn't gotten Bledsoe we wouldn't have ended up with CADE. All part of the plan.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Jrue is doing what Jrue does. He’s not out there to be depended on the win games offensively. If he makes a key basket it’s gravy but not typical. Problem is he’s being asked to guard the one guy he could never hope to stop. Durant takes Jrue to the post because if he tries to beat Jrue off the dribble, he’d get stripped. And then he just rises over him or spins baseline and Jrue is helpless.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Do you really think jrue is the reason the Bucks made the playoffs?

Yes, Jrue is considerably better than Bledsoe.
    Basketball.

Is jrue better than bledsoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yes, Jrue is considerably better than Bledsoe.
    But is he consistently better than Bledsoe? Is he better when you need him to be the most? Is he better at: closing games, creating turnovers on defense against high scoring teams, and not creating turnovers in games at crucial times?( they both are horrible at that).

He probably is but i don?t think it?s as lopsided as you think. I could be wrong. I?m going off eyeball test , but i am sure you could find some stats to prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He consistently gives better effort than Bledsoe. I don't think there's that much of a difference between their respective peaks but Jrue stays a whole lot closer to that pick than Bled.

Do you really think jrue is the reason the Bucks made the playoffs?
    It obviously was not Eric Bledsoe. Swept in 1st round with Bledsoe last season. Lack of defense
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 06-11-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post

the thread should end with this answer

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Same was true last year. Jrue was at home. Bledsoe had hopes for an NBA Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    But is he consistently better than Bledsoe? Is he better when you need him to be the most? Is he better at: closing games, creating turnovers on defense against high scoring teams, and not creating turnovers in games at crucial times?( they both are horrible at that).

He probably is but i don?t think it?s as lopsided as you think. I could be wrong. I?m going off eyeball test , but i am sure you could find some stats to prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, if you've watched Bledsoe this year on this team you know that whatever else is true, Bledsoe isn't de facto any better than Jrue at those things, even if you think Jrue isn't as good as I personally think he is.

I take Jrue over Bledsoe on any team, in any context. He's just a considerably better player. Better defender, better shooter, better passer by a large margin, better finisher. Of course, just to give an example, the distinction between how good Jrue was for us (at times, had the impact metrics of a top 20 player and was top 5 in clutch points in the last year we made the playoffs) and how good Bledsoe was for us this past year (literally had the fanbase begging to have him benched), there's no comparison.

Even taking into account Jrue's playoff struggles this year, he's having a better playoffs now than Bledsoe did in his last year with the Bucks, and I'd argue that Jrue's last playoff run with us (against Portland and against Golden State) is better than any playoff run in Bledsoe's career.

Thread Information