Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yes we should go after Dame!

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If you trade for Dame... You gotta keep Ingram somehow. The game works in big threes.
    Ingram is replaceable.

He plays no defense and is terrible in the clutch. Lacks fire. I'd honestly rather RoCo

But if you can somehow get Brown from Boston...

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Ingram is replaceable.

He plays no defense and is terrible in the clutch. Lacks fire. I'd honestly rather RoCo

But if you can somehow get Brown from Boston...
    Jrue Holiday was replaceable till he wasn't

You got to find his replacement 1st. Like it's easy for us to haul in Superstar talent lol

Jrue Holiday was replaceable till he wasn't

You got to find his replacement 1st. Like it's easy for us to haul in Superstar talent lol
    Sure but in the scenario where you're trading Ingram for Lillard, the replacement is pretty evidence. Both suck at defense, and Dame is a big offensive upgrade from Ingram. The replacement is the deal being made.

It's adding the 3rd guy that's still the challenge.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure but in the scenario where you're trading Ingram for Lillard, the replacement is pretty evidence. Both suck at defense, and Dame is a big offensive upgrade from Ingram. The replacement is the deal being made.

It's adding the 3rd guy that's still the challenge.
    I rather gamble on Ingram than trying to find a 3rd guy. Can't always get a pitch perfect roster. If the compromise is betting on Ingram. I think that's still a conference finals team if we can sort out the rest of the roster with real. Nba players.

On top of that... Ingram got a matching salary for trade. He's always a valuable assest to keep if we go into the tax.
    Last edited by Taker597; 06-06-2021 at 05:56 PM.

I rather gamble on Ingram than trying to find a 3rd guy. Can't always get a pitch perfect roster. If the compromise is betting on Ingram. I think that's still a conference finals team if we can sort out the rest of the roster with real. Nba players.
    What Conference Finals team top 2 players were below average defenders. Heck, I will take a leap of faith and say Zion and Ingram can get to average. Same question remains.

Portland did it in the fluke year where everyone got hurt and they got an easy bracket. The other 4 years in the 5 year span, however, they were bounced in the first round.

Maybe you can argue CP3 wasnt great on D any more when Houston got there but he is such a brilliant team defender and pesky on ball guy

I just dont see conference Finals upside unless Zion or Ingram massively upgrade on D or Ingram is swapped or you add a 3rd amazing offensive player and you just go Nets route and kill teams with offense - but even then, KD is an impactful defender in the playoffs when he locks in
    @mcnamara247

I would like to see an identity built around efficiency and defence rather than an individual player or players.

I agree with the idea we can't have two of the best players or worse three being terrible at defence. SO, I wouldn't trade for Dame (or Beal) for that reason.

I would rather give Ingram and Zion another season at least to show improvement on defence, and trade for two way players who can score efficiently and fortify the defence.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

Dame? While you're at it:

Adams for Dame
    Ingram for Beal
    Bledsoe for Turner
    Ball for Tatum

Dame
    Beal
    Tatum
    Zion
    Turner

Quote Originally Posted by OnesieBells View Post

Adams for Dame
    Ingram for Beal
    Bledsoe for Turner
    Ball for Tatum

Dame
    Beal
    Tatum
    Zion
    Turner
    Exactly. Its not just Pels fans tho... all fan bases have these fantasy discussions on their fan forums but ain't nothing wrong with dreaming I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    I would like to see an identity built around efficiency and defence rather than an individual player or players.

I agree with the idea we can't have two of the best players or worse three being terrible at defence. SO, I wouldn't trade for Dame (or Beal) for that reason.

I would rather give Ingram and Zion another season at least to show improvement on defence, and trade for two way players who can score efficiently and fortify the defence.
    I would like to add that it is much easier to play defense when you are motivated, and that was often noticeable when we played better teams. As Lucky pointed out a while ago Ingram tended to fare pretty decently against some of the better wings in the league and Zion often took a step in some big games. This reflected in our competitiveness against good teams.

I think having some better energy and defensive talent in the rotation (NAW and Naji really showed this) will be much more important than Zion and Ingram simply taking the leap. It will be important eventually, but I think both will be better served by just simply winning and not having teammates that throw games away at the drop of a hat. Dribbling off the foot, missing wide open shots, etc. Too much of that last year. We simply threw away games cheaply and it’s why a lesser team in Memphis makes it to the postseason as opposed to us.

Yeah, good point JJ.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesieBells View Post

Adams for Dame
    Yeah exactly it's ridiculous !

They'd have to throw in some sweeteners to get the legend that is Adams, Dame and a first round pick and we can talk...

Could it be happening?

Ingram & all our draft picks

Why not?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Annoying no one else is talking about this ScoopB is...ScoopB. Da well. It's fun to discuss.

Any trade for Dame would cripple us to the point where we'll be a mediocre playoff team at best. Ingram, NAW, and Kira plus 3 picks would be mandatory to make the trade happen. We would be missing so much depth. And we've seen winning teams have 7-8 players in constant rotation.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Any trade for Dame would cripple us to the point where we'll be a mediocre playoff team at best. Ingram, NAW, and Kira plus 3 picks would be mandatory to make the trade happen. We would be missing so much depth. And we've seen winning teams have 7-8 players in constant rotation.
    Wouldn't wanna break up this 10th spot in the lottery team.

Or you can be the next Phoenix Suns be in WCF and maybe Finals. Remember we are a win now team.

With Dame basically choosing his own head coach, will the trade speculation now stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Wouldn't wanna break up this 10th spot in the lottery team.
    *Facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    With Dame basically choosing his own head coach, will the trade speculation now stop?
    I dont think you have been following. Him choosing his own coach, and the backlash, IS why there is speculation

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Or you can be the next Phoenix Suns be in WCF and maybe Finals. Remember we are a win now team.
    *Double facepalm*

Depth. They have depth. As I said, we need more valuable role players and two way players. Dame and Zion ain't providing no defense. At best, were the next Trailblazers constantly getting put out the playoffs in the first round. While we leverage our future out at the same time. I don't see the positives besides from ticket sales.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Ingram is 23 and Lilard will be 31 next month. I think parting with Ingram and multiple firsts is a mistake for our long term future.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Ingram is 23 and Lilard will be 31 next month. I think parting with Ingram and multiple firsts is a mistake for our long term future.
    I would much rather play the competitive long game. Rather than the boogie cousins win now mode. (Which many of us on this board complained about so much btw) trading for Kat or Beal would be much simpler cause of their contracts and we wouldn't leverage our future too bad. But Dame is a SUPERSTAR so if we don't perform, were assed out for the next 5 to 7 years. Not saying this roster is good, however I think if we make 2-3 mediocre/good moves we can be up there this season then make some noise for the coming seasons. Signing or trading Ball for assets (Lauri hopefully), Buddy could be had for cheap, Jerami Grant, etc. My point being, there are many moves that can be made, I don't think we should jump wayyyy off the deep end just yet.

I'd rather Zag towards SGA. Gives you probably 70% of Dame at half the cost

I would much rather play the competitive long game. Rather than the boogie cousins win now mode. (Which many of us on this board complained about so much btw) trading for Kat or Beal would be much simpler cause of their contracts and we wouldn't leverage our future too bad. But Dame is a SUPERSTAR so if we don't perform, were assed out for the next 5 to 7 years. Not saying this roster is good, however I think if we make 2-3 mediocre/good moves we can be up there this season then make some noise for the coming seasons. Signing or trading Ball for assets (Lauri hopefully), Buddy could be had for cheap, Jerami Grant, etc. My point being, there are many moves that can be made, I don't think we should jump wayyyy off the deep end just yet.
    Lol, you trade Buddy and a 1st 101/10 times for prime Cousins. Man was a dominant beast for us. He only went down because he was forced to have such an extreme workload when Toni got sand in his vergin. We would have made quite a bit of noise that season

Thread Information