Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should Pels go all out for CP3 ?

This is what I would do go after Dame first. Then if no go on that go after Lenard and try to get Lenard to get Lowry to come w/ him. Then if no go on that go after Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown.

On Kemba, Bled and Adams salaries are more or less a match for Kemba's (about $1 million spread) next year. Kemba has two years left on his contract, but the second year is a player option. Adams has two years left as does Bled but only $3.9 million of Bled's $19.3 million deal is guaranteed in the second year, so safe to say that--barring a major turn around next year-- he won't be seeing that dough. The deal essentially let's the Celtics out of potentially having to pay Walker $36 million+ if he opts in for the final year of his deal in the 2022-2023 season and gives them a viable center who can help with guys like Embiid and Lopez + a decent back up PG for next year, especially if you think Bledsoe may be more motivated playing for a playoff team in the East again.

The Pels get a legit third scorer with playoff experience and someone who can manage late-game situations, penetrate and get his own shot and is decent 3-point shooter who goes 85%+ from the line. On the downside, he is small, older, been injury prone the last few years, not much on defense and didn't play very well at all in his most recent playoff series against Brooklyn.

If C's new front office is motivated enough to throw in a pick and a player to get rid of Kemba, then that's a deal you have to take a hard look at. Even it turns out to be a one-year rental, you get a ton of salary off your books come 2022. Not a best case deal, but a decent upgrade.

The Pels get a legit third scorer with playoff experience and someone who can manage late-game situations, penetrate and get his own shot and is decent 3-point shooter who goes 85%+ from the line.

This is for sure what we need but it's not Kemba.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Give me assets and I will happily take Kemba. Adams and Bledsoe for Kemba, Grant Williams, and #16 and we got a deal
    I would do that deal

On the court he’d be exactly what we need to get the most out of Ingram and Zion.

I don’t care if he wants a 3 year deal I think it means it’s an amazing opportunity for us that he has to set the standard high for contract negations cause he’s PA President. Let’s not let this opportunity pass us by.

Yeah we might only be able to surround those 3 with nobodies but I think you’d be forgetting that we already have nobodies around BI/Zion but don’t want to accept it

Kemba is a huge drop off from CP.
    Last edited by akhan786; 06-04-2021 at 10:40 PM.

Thread Information