Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official *Coin Flip Even Though it's a 3 Way Tie* thread

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We got the 10th lotto slot? Oh. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    dont try and kill my joy....where there is a will, there is a way....are you telling me there is no way possible that the pels can pick 6th come draft night?......

question is,,will the pels exercise the means to do it........let me have my dream no matter how off you think it is........

thats the problem,,im long time fan and suffered because im different from you and others...im the type of fan that would love if we made the 8th seed every year...i just want to go to a playoff game every season even if it mean we are the 8th seed every year.....im a different fan than some of yall....
    Nobody cares about that. Do whatever you want. I just want to understand how you dont know by now how the lottery works, and that we couldnt possibly get the 6th pick?
    @mcnamara247

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Nobody cares about that. Do whatever you want. I just want to understand how you dont know by now how the lottery works, and that we couldnt possibly get the 6th pick?
    one more time.....are you telling me that there is no way that the pels can draft 6th come draft night......if there is no possible way then i concede and say i have no understanding that there is no way we could not draft 6th on draft night.....i didnt say lottery....i said come draft night the pels will draft 6th....

so its a fact now that we are 10th...correct?.....so are you telling me that there is no possible way that we can draft 6th on draft night?....

Where are y’all seeing the coin flip results? I can’t find them

Stupid ****** Hornets win. But I was told morale victories mattered?

Smh whatever I guess man.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Stupid ****** Hornets win. But I was told morale victories mattered?

Smh whatever I guess man.
    People who say that are only saying it to make themselves feel better. Nobody on this team remembers that game today, let alone come next season. Nothin changes if they lose that one as opposed to winning it. Well...one thing does - they wouldnt be in this tiebreaker, and would have 8th all alone

The only odds we have are 1-4 with the drawing or 10th. For those who are confused

People who say that are only saying it to make themselves feel better. Nobody on this team remembers that game today, let alone come next season. Nothin changes if they lose that one as opposed to winning it. Well...one thing does - they wouldnt be in this tiebreaker, and would have 8th all alone
    I get it as fans the goal is to be happy and optimisitc, but the more and more I talk to Pelicans fans the overall optimisitc approach annoys me more only because it doesn't factor in reality. Like I'm not expecting folks to be pessimistic or optimisitc but we truly need more realistic views about this team because I honestly don't want to here folks on Twitter complaining when at best our 10 pick as a trade asset won't get us a star player. Things like this matters, every little thing add up and folks just want to ignore them and be surprised in the long run while think a random game at the end of the season will carry over and change the course.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    The only odds we have are 1-4 with the drawing or 10th. For those who are confused
    Also incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    one more time.....are you telling me that there is no way that the pels can draft 6th come draft night......if there is no possible way then i concede and say i have no understanding that there is no way we could not draft 6th on draft night.....i didnt say lottery....i said come draft night the pels will draft 6th....

so its a fact now that we are 10th...correct?.....so are you telling me that there is no possible way that we can draft 6th on draft night?....
    No offense brother but there is no other way to tell you that it's literally impossible for us to get the 6 pick. We are more than likely keeping the 10 pick or getting lucky and moving into the top 4. If we keep the 10 pick, expect the 10 pick to be moved with Bledsoe salary for a ok role player unless other GMs want to have fun.

To show you what we would've had if we had 8th by ourselves.

Basketball Guru
    No offense brother but there is no other way to tell you that it's literally impossible for us to get the 6 pick. We are more than likely keeping the 10 pick or getting lucky and moving into the top 4. If we keep the 10 pick, expect the 10 pick to be moved with Bledsoe salary for a ok role player unless other GMs want to have fun.
    i said my dream.....basically all i was saying in my own way is that we will draft 6th and trade it for mccollum...thats all...its what i wish for..

if the draft is top 5 then im thinking teams will keep their pick...all im wishing for us to trade up to the next tradable spot and try and get mccollum.....thats it....it not a big deal like mm is making it lol....its my wish...thats it...

Top 4: 20.2% chance
    11th: 17.9% chance

Where are y’all seeing that we lost the flip?

I get it as fans the goal is to be happy and optimisitc, but the more and more I talk to Pelicans fans the overall optimisitc approach annoys me more only because it doesn't factor in reality. Like I'm not expecting folks to be pessimistic or optimisitc but we truly need more realistic views about this team because I honestly don't want to here folks on Twitter complaining when at best our 10 pick as a trade asset won't get us a star player. Things like this matters, every little thing add up and folks just want to ignore them and be surprised in the long run while think a random game at the end of the season will carry over and change the course.
    Yup. I have tried to be the voice of reason for years. Not optimism, not pessimism, reason. But most dont want to hear it. And no, this isnt the end of the world. Not even a big deal. But it does matter. And losing that Charlotte game not only would have given us a chance to get 8 or 9, but also 6% more of a chance to get top 4.

Well, well, well.... I think at this point. Someone should get their Fire Griff thread ready... Because it's just simply going to be an uphill battle to improve this team and keep pace with the West. You might as well pencil us in the for the 12th pick for next year and everyone will finally start asking why it's so difficult to acquire talent. We make it difficult for ourselves.

Wait till 6 games left to look out for your own long term self interest. LeBron Puppet Clown show.
    Last edited by Taker597; 05-25-2021 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Are the lottery odds still split amongst 8-10?
    Yep for the top 4. Which takes the sting off a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well, well, well.... I think at this point. Someone should get their Fire Griff thread ready... Because it's just simply going to be an uphill battle to improve this team and keep pace with the West. You might as well pencil us in the for the 12th pick for next year and everyone will finally start asking why it's so difficult to acquire talent. We make it difficult for ourselves.

Wait till 6 games left to look out for your own long term self interest. LeBron Puppet Clown show.
    You ain't wrong my dude. This franchise can never just embrace the suck and do what's best for our franchise long term. Winning that Charlotte game is infuriating. As if the Haliburton ******** from last year didn't teach us anything.

Since the cynical, "realist", chicken littles are out in full force in here off their depression meds...ran across this while getting some work done.

The arena was super packed that night. I was there. So depressing eh?

The Pels were incredibly fortunate to land an unprecedented talent in Zion Williamson against the odds (6%) in 2019. It would be almost unfair to everyone else to get the number one pick again in 2021, but we sucked enough to have a 20% chance at the top four in a stellar draft class so, who knows.

I'm assuming we get number 10-12, leaving open a chance at being pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by KoMikaera; 05-25-2021 at 07:34 PM.
    Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoMikaera View Post
    The Pels were incredibly fortunate to land an unprecedented talent in Zion Williamson against the odds (6%) in 2019. It would be almost unfair to everyone else to get the number one pick again in 2021, but we sucked enough to have a 20% chance at the top four in a stellar draft class so, who knows.

I'm assuming we get number 10-12, leaving open a chance at being pleasantly surprised.
    With all due respect, fair can go eat male genitalia. Us somehow getting Cade and watching NBA Twitter/Reddit descend into utter chaos would be the best thing to happen in the history of NOLA basketball.

June 22nd can’t get here quick enough. If I don’t hear the Pelicans name called at pick 10 then I’ll probably wake the neighbors from shouting so loud out of excitement.

We were also very, very close to winning the GSW game

Thread Information